• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2015-16 Pre Season

Our squad for this week's Audi Cup tournament in Munich is as follows:
Michel Vorm
Hugo Lloris
Luke McGee

Kieran Trippier
Kyle Walker
Danny Rose
Ben Davies
Eric Dier
Federico Fazio
Toby Alderweireld
Kevin Wimmer
Jan Vertonghen

Nabil Bentaleb
Ryan Mason
Harry Winks
Dele Alli
Mousa Dembele
Tom Carroll
Josh Onomah
Christian Eriksen
Erik Lamela
Nacer Chadli

Harry Kane

1 striker and very surprisingly, not many youngsters. Looks like we'll play quite a lot with the 1st 11....
And seing the squad like this, my ghod it's thin! 5th place in the league with this squad would be nothing short of a bloody miracle!

Great to see Mason back and Winks in there. As well as Carol and Alli.

It is daunting the lack of midfield and attacking signings, but if we sign two strong attacking players, we'll feel confident again.

Great for Winks and Onomah to be included in the squad - part obviously ability but part lack of numbers.

We really need 3 signings before the end of the window:
- CF
- Wing forward or no 10 type
- CM

Our squad for this week's Audi Cup tournament in Munich is as follows:
Michel Vorm
Hugo Lloris
Luke McGee

Kieran Trippier
Kyle Walker
Danny Rose
Ben Davies
Eric Dier
Federico Fazio
Toby Alderweireld
Kevin Wimmer
Jan Vertonghen

Nabil Bentaleb
Ryan Mason
Harry Winks
Dele Alli
Mousa Dembele
Tom Carroll
Josh Onomah
Christian Eriksen
Erik Lamela
Nacer Chadli

Harry Kane

1 striker and very surprisingly, not many youngsters. Looks like we'll play quite a lot with the 1st 11....
And seing the squad like this, my ghod it's thin! 5th place in the league with this squad would be nothing short of a bloody miracle!

Average age of that squad is 24.6 years old.

Looking at the above squad, havent we become just sort of average compared to what we had only 4 years ago??

season 2011-12

Friedel
Gomes
Cudicini

Walker
Ekotto
Rose
Kaboul
King
Dawson
Gallas

Modric
Sandro
Livermore
Parker
Huddlestone
Bentley
Krancjar
Lennon
Bale

Defoe
Adebayor
Van der Vaart
Dos Santos

Looking at the above squad, havent we become just sort of average compared to what we had only 4 years ago??

season 2011-12

Friedel
Gomes
Cudicini

Walker
Ekotto
Rose
Kaboul
King
Dawson
Gallas

Modric
Sandro
Livermore
Parker
Huddlestone
Bentley
Krancjar
Lennon
Bale

Defoe
Adebayor
Van der Vaart
Dos Santos

I think if we develop the squad we have now for a couple of seasons it will look a lot better (than it does now) i wouldn't say it was 'average', more so young... That squad above was developed over several seasons and had many players reaching maturity/already at peak level, so in direct comparrison it's obviously not a match on paper.

season 2011-12

Friedel
Gomes
Cudicini

Walker
Ekotto
Rose
Kaboul
King
Dawson
Gallas

Modric
Sandro
Livermore
Parker
Huddlestone
Bentley
Krancjar
Lennon
Bale

Defoe
Adebayor
Van der Vaart
Dos Santos

Disagree. Beyond Modric, Bale and VdV (and a fit King) not convinced many others would improve our squad.

Lloris and Vorm are a better 1-2 than these keepers. Jan and (hopefully) Alderweid have higher ceilings than Dawson and Gallas (at that stage). rose and Walker have both improved since then. Benny in his prime is better than we currently have.

Would rather have Eriksen, Bentalab, Chadli and Mason against most of that midfield. Dos Santos was that years Lamella and I'd take Kane of last season over either Defoe or Adebayor.

Can be as negative as we like about our current squad and we do lack that bit of magic beyond Kane, but as a squad I think we are in a better position than then going forward.

Great to see them, still sad they chose to leave the best club in the world for that Spanish team.

I'm hoping Poch is buttering Benitez up in the background on a swap deal, Ade and Soldado in exchange for Modders and that Bale lad.

If we play the suicidal high line against Real we will have problems, especially with Bale up front.

What could have been! If only Harry had signed Suarez when he had the chance....

That team brings back fond memories. We haven't had a strong midfield since then. It's remained our Achilles heel ever since. No disrespect to Bentaleb and Mason who were our saviours, truth be told, last season.

If we play the suicidal high line against Real we will have problems, especially with Bale up front.

Good test for our team balancing when to press, when to stop pressing, when to keep that high line and more aggressive marking and when to drop deeper etc. Game with no consequences, chance to learn against one of the world's best teams at exploiting weaknesses in that area.

Well, it depends. Granted these games should be played at half pace, but we are playing Real and possibly Bayern, teams we almost never play against and I wonder if the competitive juices kick in and the lads give it more than they should. Anyway, just speculating...

Is playing a game really that much worse than having a training session?

then why is everyone always so bothered about having to play a Europa match during the week?

We are playing 2 fudging matches this week, before a midday Saturday game, and nobody seems to even care? Even if they are friendlies, 2 matches is still going to take something out of them.Also there's the flight back, are we even going to get the time to get a training session in to prepare for the match on Saturday?

Back