• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2014-15 POST Season Matches

OS was streaming it even without membership (streamed it to my tv browser, didn't sign in)

Overall thoughts

- 1st half team looked a little more fluid, Kane was always a threat, two really decent finishes
- Yedlin, Dier were given full 90 minutes, Yedlin needs to work on positioning, but his tackling is actually good, runs to make himself an option also very good
- Rose was going through the motions, definitely wasn't up for it, worst player on our side for first half
- 2nd half brought some more zip, pace of movement, with a little less cohesion
- Lamela got the middle of park, chance to pull strings, made himself available, got a lot of ball and fudged it up, worst player of 2nd half
- Pressing game was there, forced a few mistakes and got the ball back quite often as a result
- Onomah aside, most of the younger players are small, something we need to compensate for in our buys.

Good fun game overall, would have been worth the price of admission

Only caught the second half but if anyone was guilty of reluctance and 'going through the paces' it was the senior players (senior as in first team not age :D). The youngsters are getting the culture being created at the club, that is brilliant to see. KWP is one I've got my beady eye on and he seems confident and not shy for the ball. Was very impressed by Onomah... kids can be excited, give energy and balls but this one has a footballing brain - brilliant to see for someone that age.

I'm disappointed we didn't have youth for the CB and forward positions (cos Kane and Dier are oldies innit). Would have like to have seen CCV at some stage.

I'm disappointed we didn't have youth for the CB and forward positions (cos Kane and Dier are oldies innit). Would have like to have seen CCV at some stage.

I'm sure CCV and Veljkovic would've been there but both are at the U20 World Cup currently.

Allow me & my trowel to lay it on for our next .....

Sat 30th 10:30BST - BT Sports 1

Sydney vs Spurs

With the interweb, it beats me how people don't know. Comes down to not thinking to look.

Not that the matches matter, but they are (and the info is) out there, plain to see !.

Allow me & my trowel to lay it on for our next .....

Sat 30th 10:30BST - BT Sports 1

Sydney vs Spurs

With the interweb, it beats me how people don't know. Comes down to not thinking to look.

Not that the matches matter, but they are (and the info is) out there, plain to see !.

Sh1te OMT :D

Tbh, I only realised the game was on today thanks to GG - seems so soon after the season (and add that it's a work day).

Yoof - cheers, hadn't realised.

Hmm, I thought our play in the second half looked better whilst we had Kane as the focal point. Even after Kane went off, we still made better openings than we did in the first although perhaps Malaysia got tired. I'd say Townsend doesn't get the pattern of play, but it was he that played the 1-2 with Carroll before Carroll assisted the second goal. Dare I say it, but it was a bit of Wengerball/Barca-esque

Hmm, I thought our play in the second half looked better whilst we had Kane as the focal point. Even after Kane went off, we still made better openings than we did in the first although perhaps Malaysia got tired. I'd say Townsend doesn't get the pattern of play, but it was he that played the 1-2 with Carroll before Carroll assisted the second goal. Dare I say it, but it was a bit of Wengerball/Barca-esque

The tempo (which to me is the best indicator of when we are playing well) was higher in 2nd half, the youth players and our senior team (minus the non suitable) are getting it, quick passing, don't hold on to the ball for too long, make runs (was great to see Ward/Peters/Onomah at times make a run, raise their hand, looking for that forward ball).

I think the first half team looked better purely in possession, the trick for Poch is how to we switch tempos between we possess the ball, make the opponent run, get out of position then switch to quicker tempo to hurt them (Cheat$ki does this quite well at times, swap between ultra defensive possession -> quick, incisive, almost all out attack)

The other interesting note, credit to players/Poch, Malaysia set up quite compact in 1st half (guess they did some homework and figured we would play narrow with inverted wingers), and we actually went wide a bit more, stayed wide a bit more than usual.

everywhere we go. everywhere we go. it's the tottenham boys making all the noise. everywhere we go.:)
even got a grin & a wave from Levy.
told ossie his knees had gone all trembly. he made a face. cheeky bugger.

It was great to see Spurs playing in Malaysia for the first time since 1979. We really should be coming more to South East Asia, especially Malaysia and Singapore. As for the game against Malaysia, we were not really convincing. Can't blame the players and they were tired and lacking motivation in friendly matches like these. Thought Malaysia played well and was unlucky not to get atleast a draw.

Credit to Kane for scoring both our goals. Nice to see him going on another goal run, even if it is against a poor Malaysian side. Hope he will get more goals in pre-season and get even better next season.

Not sure it is a good idea to play 2 friendly matches so soon after the season finished. We already looked tired in the last few matches of the season. Now we have played Malaysia on Wednesday and are playing Sydney FC today. We struggled against a poor Malaysia despite winning. Can see the same performance against Sydney. Just hope we will do enough to win. Just don't like us losing, even in pre-season matches. Want to see Kane continue his goal run. Also want to see good performances from the likes of Eriksen and Lamela.

Lloris-Yedlin-Stambouli-Vertonghen-Bentaleb-Lamela-Dembele-Eriksen-Mason-Townsend-Kane

Seven midfielders.. Wonder what kind of formation we're playing.

Edit.

On closer inspection it's clear we're playing a 2-1-5-1-1 formation, with stambouli as the holding player and Townsend off Kane with the rest chucked in the middle!

Our team today vs Sydney FC - Lloris (c), Yedlin, Stambouli, Vertonghen, Bentaleb; Dembele, Mason; Lamela, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane

Our subs vs Sydney FC - Vorm, McGee, Dier, Walker-Peters, Carroll, Chadli, Onomah, Ward, Winks.

"burning a beenie"

:D

edit : just realized it's a guy called Bernie Abini and not some aussie slang term from running fast :oops:

Back