• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2014-15 POST Season Matches

how does this compare with the Malaysia game?

IMO it's probably the best we have looked so far. The midfield has looked way more exposed though, which I think is a problem with Mason and Dembele. Stambouli held the centre of the pitch vs Malaysia well. I'd say that 45-60 mins Malaysia was our best level of play thus far, but I think Sydney have given a better game.

how does this compare with the Malaysia game?
I only watched from the 20th minute as I thought the game was tomorrow but we look slightly slower in the build up play and we miss Winks and Carroll's quick passing.

But to be fair Sydney are a better quality than that Malaysian team.

Lamela's work ethic is great to watch. He's happy dropping into the DM positions when Mason and Dembele chase out and has been helping Yedlin out well too. Yedlin has had a few dodgy moments but his interplay in the last 15 minutes down the right has been exactly what we want from our fullbacks, his combinations with Lamela and Eriksen have really impressed and bar the loose pass I think he's had a decent half.

Think Yedlin has had a decent game, his pace is scary, he's not bad 1:1, came in to cover on a couple of occasions, and importantly, always makes himself an option.

Initial positioning he still needs to work on.

Great pass from Lamela (who got a great pass from Eriksen) for goal, he can be frustrating as some of the things just don't come off for him, but involved in a lot

Great to hear the crowd as well. The first 30 minutes of the stream from the OS was just the commentators and it felt so weird not to hear the crowd. Very good turnout.

1st half I've been impressed with Yedlin. But our (admittedly makeshift) defence still needs to be more solid next season (which I suspect it will be).

In general we've had lots of good build-up play which fizzled out before a goal-threat emerged. Like much of the season, it's very frustrating to see players linking up so well before casually running into a cul-de-sac or just giving the ball away... time after time. Not singling any one player out - it seems to be an issue with the team in general.

Nice to see Kane on the score-sheet again.

We've lost control of the middle of the the park since the half time changes. Mason and Kane look very leggy

Back