• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2014-15 POST Season Matches

nahhh...tickets are expensive. plus that's about the right sized support. spurs aren't that big here. most locals are Manure/Pool fans with the newer generation plastics favouring Arse, chelski & Emirates Marketing Project.
If ticket prices are genuinely putting people off attending, then someone has seriously fecked up. It's supposed to be a promotional tour, both for us and for AIA. It makes more sense to offer free entry to a full stadium than charge even a small amount and have a reduced capacity. Madness.

I always think these type of matches will fail to generate new support for the team, Asian football fans generally follow teams that win trophies.

Our investment market is clearly the US

I suspect we have been compensated prior via some kind of AIA/local deal, and the matches regardless of if attended have obviously generated enough press that AIA will have met their metrics.

This is doing the business side of the game

I always think these type of matches will fail to generate new support for the team, Asian football fans generally follow teams that win trophies.

True. And teams with big-name players also attract huge followers. We are simply coming to Malaysia at the wrong time. If we had come during the 1990s and mid 2000s when we were more successfull, we would have had bigger fan base here. We also lack any big-name players now in the mould of Lineker, Gazza, Berbatov and Modric. Lineker and Gazza had a huge fanbase in Malaysia during their time. Kane are simply too new to get big attention now. Also, Malaysia too are lacking a quality national team now. So, it is not surprising that only a few thousand fans are buying tickets for this match.

Must say Spurs will become the laughing stock of world football if we don't beat Malaysia comfortably. Malaysia are at no.166 in Fifa rankings. This is why they are going to include a few foreigners playing in local league to play against Spurs. Hope, we will turn up with the right mentality and get a good win.

Must say Spurs will become the laughing stock of world football if we don't beat Malaysia comfortably. Malaysia are at no.166 in Fifa rankings. This is why they are going to include a few foreigners playing in local league to play against Spurs. Hope, we will turn up with the right mentality and get a good win.
A bit harsh. I imagine there will be a bunch of fringe player on show and motivation levels won't be too high. I would class the importance of a result here a few levels below a pre-season friendly, basically meaningless.

Malaysia have only won one of their 20 games against English teams, beating Arsenal 2-0 back in 1975.

wrong line up.

Lloris (c), Yedlin, Dier, Vertonghen, Rose; Carroll, Stambouli, Townsend, Eriksen, Winks; Kane

Back