• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2014/15 Lawro the Twunt says ...

Arsenal v Tottenham (17:30 BST)

Tottenham are another team who look woefully short on goals and it is just not happening for their manager Mauricio Pochettino at the moment.

I am sure it will click eventually but that top end of the pitch is really letting them down.

Spurs struggling to score goals will suit Arsenal, because they have had problems stopping them.

Both of these teams have had indifferent starts to the season, in terms of performances as well as results.

I fancy the Gunners to come out on top, especially because they are at home. This seems to be a game that Arsenal expect to win, and more often than not they do.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Tottenham v Southampton (14:05 BST)

Tottenham picked up a decent point against Arsenal last weekend but that does not change the fact they still look short of goals.

Whether it be Emmanuel Adebayor, Roberto Soldado or Harry Kane, Spurs just do not have a striker who I think will score week in, week out.

Emmanuel Adebayor has only scored once this season, against QPR on 24 August

Southampton, meanwhile, have made a very, very good start under Ronald Koeman.

They deserve to be second in the table too, because they have played well and clearly have quality right through their team.

On form, they are favourites on Sunday, but I have a feeling that Spurs will find a way of winning, just like they found a way of getting a draw against the Gunners.

It is one thing going to Emirates Stadium, defending well and getting a point - now Mauricio Pochettino needs a convincing home win against his old side.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Emirates Marketing Project v Tottenham (12:45 BST)

The way the Euro 2016 qualifiers are now staggered means that clubs get some of their players back so much earlier.

That is not the case for South American players, but even Emirates Marketing Project's Argentina trio Sergio Aguero, Pablo Zabaleta and Martin Demichelis should have been able to train for a couple of days after getting back from China and Hong Kong.

Emirates Marketing Project will be looking to pick up where they left off before the international break, with two away wins that got them back on track.

Tottenham also signed off with a good win to end a tricky run - beating Southampton - but they are still lacking goals and I do not see that situation improving at Etihad Stadium.

It will not be as one-sided or open as both meetings between these sides were last season, when City won 6-0 at home and 5-1 away, but if they work hard enough then I still think Manuel Pellegrini's side will take the three points.

Tottenham v Saudi Sportswashing Machine (13:30 GMT)

At times, when Tottenham were going forward against Emirates Marketing Project on Saturday, they looked really dangerous.

But, whether it is Roberto Soldado or Emmanuel Adebayor up front, goals are still a problem for Spurs and, defensively, they were awful - it was so easy for City to play through them.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine are not on a bad run of form after a win and two draws in their last four league games - especially when you consider the way they started the season.

Even so, can I really tip the Magpies to win at White Hart Lane? I'm going to say no.

Tottenham are a work in progress and something seems to go wrong for them every week, but Saudi Sportswashing Machine still have their own problems and I think a point apiece is the most likely outcome.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Liverpool 2-0 Hull

although this Liverpool team is short of goals, they should have enough about them to get the three points.

Sunderland 1-1 Arsenal

Arsenal are overdue a good performance but being away in Europe will affect them and I have a feeling they might drop more points.

Tottenham 1-1 Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Tottenham are a work in progress and something seems to go wrong for them every week

TWUNT!

Liverpool 2-0 Hull

although this Liverpool team is short of goals, they should have enough about them to get the three points.

Sunderland 1-1 Arsenal

Arsenal are overdue a good performance but being away in Europe will affect them and I have a feeling they might drop more points.

Tottenham 1-1 Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Tottenham are a work in progress and something seems to go wrong for them every week

TWUNT!

No points so far this weekend....hope this continues tomorrow.

Aston Villa v Tottenham (16:00 GMT)

Tottenham lost their way badly in the second half of their defeat by Saudi Sportswashing Machine last week.

Not only did they let a 1-0 half-time lead slip, they failed to create any further chances and the Magpies did not have to play particularly well to win.

I look at Spurs and think it is easy to upset them and stop them from playing.

But they are up against a Villa side who have lost five in a row and haven't scored in any of those games - and I don't really feel I can pick either of these teams to win a game at the moment.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Twunt.

At least maths whizz Rachel Riley has calculated that we'll win, 2-0.

@BBCMOTD: How good is Lawro's maths? He takes on Rachel Riley in this week's Premier league predictions: http://bbc.in/1zOvkWW
B1OotmDCIAAkCor.jpg

Tottenham v Stoke (13:30 GMT)

Tottenham are viewed as work in progress but it is taking them a long time to progress.

Every week, their fans must wonder what is going to happen next.

Spurs are quite neat and tidy in midfield but at the back they are all over the place and up front it always seems to be a struggle.

They got out of jail with their late comeback to beat Aston Villa last week and, as well as Christian Benteke's red card for Villa, the introduction of Harry Kane from the bench made a big difference.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino says the fans want to see Harry Kane given a first Premier League start of the season because he is English but I think it is actually because they think he is their best bet up front at the moment.

Do you stick with Roberto Soldado and Emmanuel Adebayor, who are both lacking goals, or go with a boy who keeps coming on and scoring? It seems obvious to me and Kane deserves a proper chance.

Stoke are solid enough but they never seem to create enough chances away from home.

If Tottenham can get things right in attack then they should collect the three points.

Football Manager's prediction: 2-1 (Tottenham scorers: Erik Lamela & Christian Eriksen. Stoke scorer: Victor Moses)

Hull v Tottenham (16:00 GMT)

Tottenham are defensively inept and, up front, they don't look like scoring.

I think what is happening there shows that, although people talk about the effect a good manager can have, even they cannot do anything without the right players.

People looked at what Mauricio Pochettino did at Southampton and thought when he went to Spurs that he would be fantastic at a bigger club.

I'm sorry but he cannot succeed without the raw materials to work with, and Tottenham are well short.

Hull got beaten at Burnley last time out on a bad day all round for them - an injury after Steve Bruce made a triple substitution meant they had to play for 30 minutes with 10 men.

I am expecting far better from them this time, and I see them adding to Tottenham's problems.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Back