• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2014/15 Lawro the Twunt says ...

This twunt finished second-from-bottom on our office World Cup prediction league. Even the receptionist who knew nothing about football finished above him \o/

Tottenham v Liverpool (13:30 BST)

Liverpool have been OK so far.

They defeated Southampton, by not playing particularly well, then they became unhinged against Emirates Marketing Project. Defensively, they are still finding their feet.

Apart from how the defence will cope, the other question is will new signing Mario Balotelli play up front?

There is a way of incorporating him in the team, which is with a 'diamond' formation. They played that system seven or eight times last season and they won seven times. The 'diamond' enables them to play two up front.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino's Tottenham were fortunate to win at West Ham and then thoroughly deserved to beat QPR last week.

Lots of teams will go to White Hart Lane and come away with nothing; Liverpool went there and spanked them 5-0 last season, but I don't see that happening on Sunday.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Truly enlightening analysis as usual .. lazy twunt ..

Not sure in hindsight I would say we were fortunate at West Ham .. it might have felt so at the time, but the more you look at the managerial choices at key points in the game and include impact of red card, we deserved to win it.

Where has this theory that we were lucky at west ham come from? Big Sam keeps on talking about it but he's going to, he's trying to save he's job so he'll cling on to anything.

We were better the first 15 mins, then they had the next 15 mins when naughton was wrongly sent off, after that I thought we handled the extra man pretty well, of course they pushed on more and had some half chances, but no consistent pressure really and they're fans were getting very ****ed off with them! When it was ten aside there was only one winner.

I think we were all ****ed off we didn't walk over a poor west ham side, but it doesn't always work like that in their cup final. It also doesn't mean we didn't deserve a win there playing with 10 men for an hour.

I only saw the West Ham game on a dodgy stream, but even based on that I could tell we were the better team, despite only having 10 men for most of the match. Naturally we had trouble scoring (10 men, highly defensive opposition, first match of the season against a team playing the most important match of their year) and a draw wouldn't have been a massive surprise because of all that.

But that doesn't take anything away from the fact that we were the better side. Therefore, almost by definition, we deserved to win.

Whereas if it was someone like Man U a few years ago under Fergie it would have said "like all good teams they kept going to the last minute and were rewarded with the win"

Totally, but its not just the media, I read on here after arsenal came back from 2-0 down to Everton to only draw, that they wished spurs could have that mentality, when only the day before we'd scored the winner, in the last minute, in a local derby, after playing with 10 men for an hour!!

Seems to be a real lack of pride about our club from some quarters.

Sunderland v Tottenham

Tottenham's results up to the 3-0 defeat at home to Liverpool game had flattered them.

Had West Ham scored that penalty in the first game, then Spurs would have lost. I like their manager Mauricio Pochettino, but I'm not sure his team possess enough threat going forward.

We are seeing a trend among some teams when it comes to a lack of attacking threat - Sunderland are another where you ask where the goals are coming from.

I think Gus Poyet's team will be fine this season, but they haven't had a goalscorer who can get them 15 goals or so regularly since Kevin Phillips.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Van McCann: 1-1

One bad result and he's bringing out the what if's. How about "If Adebayor and Chadli had finished their chances then Spurs would be sitting pretty near the top of the table", pfft Twunt

Had West Ham scored that penalty in the first game, then Spurs would have lost1

Pretty definitive there. I mean all other things being equal, we would have drawn. But if they had scored, it was so early in the game, who knows? Especially not this twunt.

Tottenham v West Brom (13:30 BST)

I cannot see Spurs slipping up on Sunday

After leading twice at the Stadium of Light against Sunderland last week, Tottenham should have won that game and it was definitely two points dropped.

I cannot see Spurs slipping up on Sunday, however, even after Thursday's trip to Serbia to play Partizan Belgrade in the Europa League.

I know West Brom have had lots of injury problems, and they will be desperate for Joleon Lescott to be fit to make his debut, but I do not see that making much difference to the outcome.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Lennon's prediction: West Brom are struggling to score goals, and struggling to keep clean sheets as well. 3-1

keep-calm-he-s-a-twunt-1.png

Back