• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

1882 Movement

I hate sitting in the Paxton, I find it a soul-destroying experience, a bleak place of silence punctuated by moaning, inane analysis and on occasions downright nastiness.

I hope I never watch a game in that stand again. Even if it was the only place i could get a ticket for CL semi-final I'd be seriously tempted to pass and watch it down a Spurs pub instead where for sure there would be a better atmosphere.

It'll be gone soon, but before that all the ST holders will have to move there when they knock the park lane down to make way for the new Yid Slice

No, an end where people don't stand up in front of children etc. I'm all for standing at football grounds, but away from the little ones - it's not fair on them.

When I went to matches as a kid they just let us all run down to the front by the fence. Probably wont allow that any more, even in a standing section.

I hope they keep all the chavs in one stand and let me watch the game in peace and quiet, going up at xmas and i am in the west stand it is pretty much the only place you can watch in comfort now. Was thinking of getting tickets for coventry i don't mind the fans cheering when we score but to do it through out the game is a bit much. When im at the theatre i applaud now and again but i live my main reaction to the end of the performance.

Should be like that at the football a few claps during the game and then either booing or clapping at the end.

I KNOW this post is sarcastic, but the sad thing is that the atmosphere has really gone down. It is one thing to have quiet people in the "posh" stand, but the other 3 stands need some noise. Fortunately the 1882 guys bring some hope of a decent atmosphere...because it IS contagious.

Anyone know what the players make of this or even aware of it? If we were to get them involved (just asking their opinion) on Twitter it might give it a much higher profile and get even more people involved.

I am not sure if the players are aware of this. However, I believe ALL players respond to fans singing etc.
So let the noise continue and grow.

Right cheers. To be honest, it seems like a good idea, and you're doing it the right way. English atmosphere's need a swift kick up the backside, and it only needs a few people to take the initiative and get the revolution (for want of a better word) going. You've got a relatively good response for it, which is good.
I say you're doing it the right way because undoubtedly you've heard our fans get humiliated by opponents in the Champions League ("sing when you're winning" by Ajax and Dortmund was hilarious), who are organised with choreography and a 'capo' at the front with a megaphone and everything. Naturally our fans wanted to 'emulate' (copy) this, just with the Poznan. So 50 of them went to a reserve game, jumped around for 90 minutes, let off a few flares and apparently did their very best to look like proper nobs. They're bringing it into the stadium next, apparently.
Basically, my word of warning is that a bit of proactivity is a definite good thing, don't pooh-pooh it without considering just how morbid the current situation is. Just be thankful the 1882 movement aren't going too far.

Police were today working to identify the Emirates Marketing Project fans who set off flares inside Saudi Sportswashing Machine's St James' Park at the weekend.

If you've even been in with or seen/heard Brazil's fans, this song sounds awesome. Just a thought, but could the 1882 Movement do anything with this for our Brazilian. Even though we mightn't see him again until next season.

Lyrics would be simple enough to put in - "Sandro, Sandro Raniere", repeat as often as necessary! Would work with "Moussa, Moussa Dembélé", even though he's Belgian, just until the Beast is back.

En sou Brasileiro

[video=youtube;tUtKJanMQH0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUtKJanMQH0[/video]

1882 are going the U21 away game vs the Scum (at Barnet) in April.

No confirmed details as yet. I will be there though!

Also the FA youth cup vs BWFC being considered.

Our Under-18s take on Bolton Wanderers in the fifth round of The FA Youth Cup at White Hart Lane on Friday, February 15, kick-off 7pm.
The team has progressed to the fifth round with victories at Cheltenham in round three and an impressive 5-2 victory against West Ham at Upton Park in the fourth round.

Come and cheers the lads at the Lane!

TICKET PRICES:

• Juniors and Senior Citizens: £1
• Adult Members: £3
• Adults: £5

Call the Ticket Office on 0844-844-0102 (option 2) or visit the Ticket Office on Park Lane, open Monday-Friday, 9.30am-5pm.

No 1882 block designated as yet, discussions ongoing.

They did that for a game two(?) seasons ago. 10 points for a couple of quid. Not sure how many actually turned up.

Was over 10k. Nearer 15k perhaps. There were 9k for the U19 vs Barca this season.

Personally i am going for the laugh - points dont matter.

oh GHod i hope they do not come for this as i have just booked tickets and did hope that a youth game i would at least be able to watch it in peace and quiet.

Back