• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

1882 Movement

Remember when they were called Tottenham Ultras? Hilarious

Great job last night though, can't we stick them in the Paxton permanently? Anything to wake up the old people's home

It's a great idea that should be encouraged. Everyone moans about the fun being taken out of football, here is a group actively putting it back into the games. People still moan but maybe they would moan at everything.

Hopefully it will grow to other parts of the ground!

Aaaah! I wondered if the 1882 were present last night. The chanting in the south stand was definitely up several gears, so that would explain it.
Big thanks to anyone here who is involved with 1882 and came last night: if it shakes us out of our complacency and gets the fans to BE LOUDER, then it is great.

Just flicking through and this caught my interest. Is it a group of Spurs fans who decide to sing more and sing louder, or something a little deeper?

Just flicking through and this caught my interest. Is it a group of Spurs fans who decide to sing more and sing louder, or something a little deeper?
Some people from The Fighting **** forum want to bring back some life into supporting Spurs, and have decided to get as many people as possible toogether for matches to sing for the club and be positive supporters. It started off last year with a trip away to The Valley to watch the youth team (250 turned up) and has steadily evolved from then into watching first team matches. The forum leaders have been in contact with the club and have ensured that people try to book in certain areas of the ground to keep them together.

Where this will lead? I don't know. But the club are being co-operative and seem to understand the need for a raucous home support to give support to the players, manager and the club.

I can't praise these guys enough. I hope it grows and grows and when the new stadium is finished they are all given a prime spot in the centre of our single tier, all standing, slab of yid stand.

Incidentally I heard the old bill were pulling up people for using the Yid word at the pana match.

Anyone know what the players make of this or even aware of it? If we were to get them involved (just asking their opinion) on Twitter it might give it a much higher profile and get even more people involved.

Right cheers. To be honest, it seems like a good idea, and you're doing it the right way. English atmosphere's need a swift kick up the backside, and it only needs a few people to take the initiative and get the revolution (for want of a better word) going. You've got a relatively good response for it, which is good.
I say you're doing it the right way because undoubtedly you've heard our fans get humiliated by opponents in the Champions League ("sing when you're winning" by Ajax and Dortmund was hilarious), who are organised with choreography and a 'capo' at the front with a megaphone and everything. Naturally our fans wanted to 'emulate' (copy) this, just with the Poznan. So 50 of them went to a reserve game, jumped around for 90 minutes, let off a few flares and apparently did their very best to look like proper nobs. They're bringing it into the stadium next, apparently.
Basically, my word of warning is that a bit of proactivity is a definite good thing, don't pooh-pooh it without considering just how morbid the current situation is. Just be thankful the 1882 movement aren't going too far.

Right cheers. To be honest, it seems like a good idea, and you're doing it the right way. English atmosphere's need a swift kick up the backside, and it only needs a few people to take the initiative and get the revolution (for want of a better word) going. You've got a relatively good response for it, which is good.
I say you're doing it the right way because undoubtedly you've heard our fans get humiliated by opponents in the Champions League ("sing when you're winning" by Ajax and Dortmund was hilarious), who are organised with choreography and a 'capo' at the front with a megaphone and everything. Naturally our fans wanted to 'emulate' (copy) this, just with the Poznan. So 50 of them went to a reserve game, jumped around for 90 minutes, let off a few flares and apparently did their very best to look like proper nobs. They're bringing it into the stadium next, apparently.
Basically, my word of warning is that a bit of proactivity is a definite good thing, don't pooh-pooh it without considering just how morbid the current situation is. Just be thankful the 1882 movement aren't going too far.

Oi !! We know wot emulate means pal. We is pwoper educated dahn 'ere.

Seriously though, it's a crying shame it has come to this, a group having to encourage fans to sing. When I think back to the 70's and 80's up on the Shelf, or in the Park lane, I used to go home with no voice. Many's the time I would initiate a song and within 2 or 3 words the whole end would join in.

Got "nicked" a few times doing it too though ..........Old Bill didn't like those tinkle taking songs.........:)......................."la la la la la, nick nick, nick nick".....and the Laurel and Hardy theme as they trooped past in front of us. Happy days.

I think the 1882 movement is fantastic and the fans who started it and those who participate deserve our unstinted praise.
Well done to them, who knows it might even become a pleasure to go to the Lane again instead of the most part being stuck amongst people who only break their silence to moan and whinge, oh and cheer a goal, big deal, that's putting in a shift, not.

I can't praise these guys enough. I hope it grows and grows and when the new stadium is finished they are all given a prime spot in the centre of our single tier, all standing, slab of yid stand.

This.

It's the only way forward now. We have to be organised if we want to bring back a proper atmosphere to the Lane. And the club would be mad not to give 1882 priority seats in the single tier end as and when the new stadium is built.

Seems good not good that it's needed as we should be able to generate an atmosphere regardless but fudge it at least they're trying something. Hopefully if it goes really well potential for area in new stadium?

We should be able to generate a decent atmosphere for most/all games, but palpably we can't, and haven't done so for years, hence 1882 is a great initiative.

Incidentally I heard the old bill were pulling up people for using the Yid word at the pana match.

THIS...

I hope they keep all the chavs in one stand and let me watch the game in peace and quiet, going up at xmas and i am in the west stand it is pretty much the only place you can watch in comfort now. Was thinking of getting tickets for coventry i don't mind the fans cheering when we score but to do it through out the game is a bit much. When im at the theatre i applaud now and again but i live my main reaction to the end of the performance.

Should be like that at the football a few claps during the game and then either booing or clapping at the end.

Back