• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

WWE Thread

They won't do it if they have a MITB PPV this year. I know they used to have the MITB at WM but since making it a PPV they don't do that anymore. Knowing the WWE they will have some pointless battle royal for a shot at the title on the next Raw/Smackdown

You called it!
From E-Wrestling News: "We can now confirm that the Money in the Bank Ladder Match is officially off the WrestleMania 28 card. They will be doing a full pay-per-view based on the Money in the Bank match."

You called it!
From E-Wrestling News: "We can now confirm that the Money in the Bank Ladder Match is officially off the WrestleMania 28 card. They will be doing a full pay-per-view based on the Money in the Bank match."

WWE is nothing if not predictable

It's starting to get a bit tedious that this is the only story they are running with. Should make more of the Jericho/CM Punk rivalry

Good to see the Funkasaurus back though. Weird that his entrance is always longer than his matches

Still too much utter dross in the WWE in comparison to what it used to be. This is where sky plus comes in handy. Skip through the majority of the show.

I prefer watching the other company. Im a sucker for the underdog though.

It's starting to get a bit tedious that this is the only story they are running with. Should make more of the Jericho/CM Punk rivalry

Good to see the Funkasaurus back though. Weird that his entrance is always longer than his matches

The Jericho thing really (sad as this may sound) tinkled me off. The vignettes were brilliant and for the first time in ages i was genuinely excited as to where they were going to go with it. We got promised the end of the world and all we got was Jericho failing at his first 2 big chances 1) at the RR and 2) he got made to look like a pussy in the elimination chamber. Waste of a build up.

Still too much utter dross in the WWE in comparison to what it used to be. This is where sky plus comes in handy. Skip through the majority of the show.

I prefer watching the other company. Im a sucker for the underdog though.

Exactly what I do. Kevin Bridges was on Fightin' Talk this weekend and got it spot comparing the SPL with the WWE. Storyline is good but the matches are below par and boring.

Essentially, it's a soap opera

The Rock vs. John Cena.
Hell in a Cell: The Undertaker vs. Triple H (w/Shawn Michaels as special referee)
WWE Title match: C.M. Punk vs. Chris Jericho.
World Heavyweight Title match: Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus.
Intercontinental Title match: Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show.
GM vs. GM Match For Control of Raw and Smackdown: Team Long (Captain – Santino & Kofi Kingston (?) & R-Truth (?) & three other members ) vs. Team Laurinaitis (Captain – David Otunga & Mark Henry & four other members)

that's the updated Mania card and it's shaping up to be one hell of a ppv.

The Rock vs. Cena will be interesting, can see The Rock carrying the match.

You do know that everyhing in this entertainment show is completely scripted and games as well as titles (whatever those are) are pre-defined beforehand? It has nothing to do with actual wrestlers' ability, skill or competitivness during the games.

Last edited:
Well it kinda' does rely on the wrestlers ability and skill doesn't it? carrying it as in entertainment value, which comes from the moves and stunts they perform in the ring, Cena being one of the most rigid and boring wrestlers to ever achieve fame and The Rock being one of the most entertaining and athletic wrestlers of all time.

So yeah, The Rock will be carrying the match.

Oh, in terms of entertainment undoubtedly one can be the more 'interesting' to look at during the match although my point related to the winner/outcome being decided beforehand thus eliminating the 'competitve' value for me

Well thats fair enough, I stopped caring about the winners/losers a long time ago and never see it as competitive like yourself. I'm more interested in seeing how they go about the matches these days, what stunts, what they will do to get the pop (crowd reaction) heel turns, face turns.

I don't watch it enough nowadays to know what storylines they have, but I do check out WrestleMania every year.

Personally I don't follow at all for the reasons outlined above but can understand its merit as an entertainment show for a niche market. Yanks are good at making largerly boring events look great - i.e. Nascar, etc.

As mentioned above the Rock will carry Cena in the sense that whilst the result is predetermined, largely the moves themselves are choreographed as they go along. It is therefore not unusual for a technically superior wrestler to make a technically inferior wrestler look good. So Arcspace please refrain from casting judgment on this since as you say it only appeals to some of us as a "niche" market. Or else the smackdown will have to be laid.

You'll often see the more experienced wrestler talking through the moves during the match too :D

Nascar confuses me greatly.

Back