• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs KAA Gent - 2nd Leg***

Will be under 90k because c2k seats behind the goals have to be screened off for European games. Then there's usually a few hundred screened off around the away fans for crowd safety, and I'm not sure whether all the privately owned seats are made available?

Also, will Gent take up their full allocation?

I doubt we'll exceed our previous CL gates at Wembley of around 85k but that would still blow United's European record our of the water.
I can confirm that there will be 7000 official away supporters which is the maximum capacity.
Plus a lot of extra supporters seated at random places in the stadium.
Those two combined will make 9000 Gent supporters.

After 14 minutes someone asks if Poch can tell whether the team is going to be really up for it and put in a good performance, or not be up for it and put in a below par performance.

Poch confirms that after 50 seconds you can tell, and it is impossible to change. They tried to improve this against Gent but couldn't.

This echoes what I felt watching the game, after 30 seconds you could see we were running to try to get there, but not sprinting to demand the ball and win and fight, just running about, playing but nowhere near the intensity we display against the Goons and Cheats.

Thanks for pointing that out. Very interesting to hear him say that. I would say there's a reason for pundits and commentators using the cliche that football is a game of two halves, though. It's obviously not impossible to change the mentality of the players. It's no doubt incredibly difficult though. In the end, I think we'd benefit enormously from having a vocal, commited, resepect captain, that you could count on giving a 100% in every match (someone like Keane, who was mentioned earlier). Winks is honestly looking like future captain material to me. Probably too young to command the older players around now though. They don't exactly grow on trees though. I think we'd benefit enourmously from having a guy like that, someone to spur us on during a match if we're not up for it. It's already been said in this thread. I'm just getting on the bandwagon. :p

Thanks for pointing that out. Very interesting to hear him say that. I would say there's a reason for pundits and commentators using the cliche that football is a game of two halves, though. It's obviously not impossible to change the mentality of the players. It's no doubt incredibly difficult though. In the end, I think we'd benefit enormously from having a vocal, commited, resepect captain, that you could count on giving a 100% in every match (someone like Keane, who was mentioned earlier). Winks is honestly looking like future captain material to me. Probably too young to command the older players around now though. They don't exactly grow on trees though. I think we'd benefit enourmously from having a guy like that, someone to spur us on during a match if we're not up for it. It's already been said in this thread. I'm just getting on the bandwagon. :p
Winks reminds me a lot in the way he plays of the great Stevie Perryman. It's not hard to envisage him growing long term into a similar type of club captain, someone who gives his all every game, has loads of energy and is always tidy and free from mistakes. Sort of player who urges his team on when the going gets tough, leads by example and commands respect.

Ha. Not much to live up to then. :rolleyes:

Commentator at the weekend said we had sold 80,000, but at that stage Wembley's home page said tickets still available.

All we need is to get Keane in on retainer. Bring him just before each match and half time , and let him throw out a few veiled treats. Motivation issues solved.

Was at St Pancras station yesterday evening when stacks of Gent supporters arrived on Eurostar. Half were singing Que sera sera, we're going to Wemberley while the other half were throwing up in the toilets!

What is going on. There's no date, time or nothing. No pictures of badgers. No photos of players. No 1000 word essay on the spurious merits of the opposing team's preferred tactics.

Standards are really plummeting on this forum.

I know we all hate Wet Spam and Mark Noble. But on the Graham Hunter podcast he talks about being the club stalwart captain and how he can sometimes (often!) sense in training that the players are going through the motions. So he will steam into someone feisty like a big ginger centre back and start a bit of heat/fire/confrontation to get everyone up for it.

I know we all hate Wet Spam and Mark Noble. But on the Graham Hunter podcast he talks about being the club stalwart captain and how he can sometimes (often!) sense in training that the players are going through the motions. So he will steam into someone feisty like a big ginger centre back and start a bit of heat/fire/confrontation to get everyone up for it.
This not good. Me want good. Me do kick.

About right for a West Ham captain!

Back