• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lennon's back baby!

Re: The end of Aaron Lennon

I also don't believe that there will be two different types of centre halves under AVB. He needs his centre halves fast and / or ball players. The classic old style British put your head through a brick wall to get the ball sort of defender is not part of AVB's masterplan and defenders such as these will be moved on as soon as possible.
O.K

You don't really leave much room for debate the way you lay you opinion down as fact.

From everything I have seen about AVB so far, is that he loves flexibility from his players. Kaboul can play right back. Vertonghen can play left back. I think we'll continue down that route, and he'll be looking for centre halves that are comfortable filling in elsewhere also.

It's a World Cup year I doubt Lennon will want to be part of a rotation with Lamela and Townsend, somethings got to give.

Somethings gotta give..I have a feeling Lennon and BAE have a similar attitude to the game. It's a job.

Or Dawson? Or Ekotto? Or Huddlestone?

AVB is ruthless. You don't fit into the system, you're surplus to requirements.

Agreed. But as of now, I see nothing which tells me Lennon is deemed 'surplus'...now Siggy on the other hand (not helped by the fact he is repped byyyyyyyy Jonathan Barnett!!!!)...

Agreed. But as of now, I see nothing which tells me Lennon is deemed 'surplus'...now Siggy on the other hand (not helped by the fact he is repped byyyyyyyy Jonathan Barnett!!!!)...

Who else is repped by Barnett? It's time to start burning bridges with the man.

Agree with KD on this. Was far more excited by Lennon when he first came on the scene. I think he should now be used as an impact player.

Disagree. I've mentioned it before, but some of the best wing performances I've ever seen came from Lennon at the start of 09-10. He was utterly unstoppable, tormenting every defender he came up against, and put in both great crosses and great cut-backs. Scored against Birmingham as well, if I recall correctly.

There's a devastating winger in him somewhere, and I'm not prepared to give up on a guy who gave us eight years and looks happy to give us eight more if necessary.

I swear Tottenham fans are so fickle. He is out injured and people already writing him off, and they have the nerve to accuse footballers of not being loyal. I have faith in him anyway, he will be back.

I have just no idea how would AVB allocates the playing time.
Lets supposed he won't play Lamela in the central but on the right then we have got three quality players in that position (Lamela , Townsend , Lennon).

Disagree. I've mentioned it before, but some of the best wing performances I've ever seen came from Lennon at the start of 09-10. He was utterly unstoppable, tormenting every defender he came up against, and put in both great crosses and great cut-backs. Scored against Birmingham as well, if I recall correctly.

There's a devastating winger in him somewhere, and I'm not prepared to give up on a guy who gave us eight years and looks happy to give us eight more if necessary.
The first five months in that season are definitely the best of his career , until he picked up the injury against West Ham just before the new year.

Lennon has been one of our most influencial, exciting and best performers in the last 5-6 seasons!

Everyone gets off there seat when he is about to run with the ball - this tells you everything you need to know about him!

WE NEED HIM!

All the time I see people complaining we need strength in depth, now it looks like we really do and we should go back to square one?

please make your minds up....

IF we sign Lemela and Erikson then only Siggy for me becomes redundant.. Holtby and Carroll for me are far more exciting prospects, one of which will also go on loan

Agreed. But that is a long time ago now and he hasn't shown anything like that form recently.

I think we have grown as a squad over the last 3-4 years and Lennon has went from one of our better players to our weakest link. Not a dig at Lennon just shows how far we have come. Azza hasn't really progressed how we would have hoped but he is still a useful player. Would be a great option for something different off the bench, if he is OK with being a bit part squad member than see no need why we should sell him

Back