• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Falqué

He's not remotely in the class of Mata or Silva. He's brick!!! Slow, no tricks, small, weak, doesn't create much....absolutely awful! Can imagine that he looks a bit better in a 5-a-side or in a much slower league (eg Spanish second division) but he'll never have a top flight career in England

Been smoking crack? When he played in a few Europa league games last season he was our most creative player.

Been smoking crack? When he played in a few Europa league games last season he was our most creative player.

If I ever thought that you and I would cross paths in 10 years time I would happily bet a lot of money that he wouldn't start more than 20 PL games in this career! He's not not a good player hence why Barca, juve and Villarreal let him go, why we loaned him out and why he couldn't get a regular game at Southampton last year

If I ever thought that you and I would cross paths in 10 years time I would happily bet a lot of money that he wouldn't start more than 20 PL games in this career! He's not not a good player hence why Barca, juve and Villarreal let him go, why we loaned him out and why he couldn't get a regular game at Southampton last year

A lot of very good players did not make the cut until mid to late 20s he has alot of time to come good.

He's not remotely in the class of Mata or Silva. He's brick!!! Slow, no tricks, small, weak, doesn't create much....absolutely awful! Can imagine that he looks a bit better in a 5-a-side or in a much slower league (eg Spanish second division) but he'll never have a top flight career in England

I think you are being overly critical Adam. Though you are probably right about the whole him not being in the Mata/Silva category but i think he can offer the team some inventive ideas and quick incisive passing which we lack at times.I really do hope that he proves you wrong and turns out to be a vital member of the team or at least a squad player that can offer us something else.

Falque's been the best player in the Spanish second division according to Spanish media. I doubt he is anywhere near Mata/Silva level but I would love it if he got a chance to at least become an important squad player for us.

In the meantime I expect us to buy a starting central playmaker this summer though - level of an Erikson, Maher, maybe even Pjanic (though expensive) etc. Pritchard or Ceballos might be able to compete for the spot after another season.

Good post. Would def like to see Pritchard/Ceballos/Luongo on loan at QPR next season.

I wouldn't go that far. I agree with Adam B that he didn't seem like he's cut out for the Premier League from the little I saw of him. He reminded me of Taarabt when he was at us. I'd still be willing to give him a second chance though.

@DiMarzio understands Italian side Genoa are attempting to close a deal with Tottenham for the signing of Iago Falqué. #THFC

@DiMarzio understands Italian side Genoa are attempting to close a deal with Tottenham for the signing of Iago Falqué. #THFC

A somewhat intriguing player, but I'd be fine if we sold him on. He's already 24, and it's probably time for him to get some regular football.

Permanent deal or loan do you think?

Permanent: http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/genoa-try-to-close-the-deal-for-tottenhams-iago-falque/

Genoa have a new offensive target: it’s Iago Falque. His rights belong to Tottenham, he spent the past season on loan to Rayo Vallecano. Genoa are trying to close the deal, they want him on a permanent transfer. In 2008, Juventus acquired Falque on a free transfer from Barcelona, now he could return in Italy.

I don't particularly rate him and for me he doesn't get in ahead of any of our other options in those three positions behind the forward. If we can make a little bit of cash out of this then all's good.

i think he'll suit the italian league better. geona's a good step up. hopefully he'll be able to make a name for himself there.

For me, it's not a "phew, good riddance", it's more of a "sorry it didn't work out. Hope it goes well for you" type situation. He looked quite good when he had the chance in the US.

Eh. He took his pre-season chances well, and I'd personally keep him around for a season and give him a spot in the 25-man squad: he'd be both useful wing cover and someone for Lamela to hang out with (they seem to have hit it off during the pre-season tour). But, if he does leave, I agree with stinkfoot: it's more of a 'sorry we couldn't give you a real chance, but best of luck elsewhere' occurrence. Hopefully we can extract a few million from Genoa for him.

Eh. He took his pre-season chances well, and I'd personally keep him around for a season and give him a spot in the 25-man squad: he'd be both useful wing cover and someone for Lamela to hang out with (they seem to have hit it off during the pre-season tour). But, if he does leave, I agree with stinkfoot: it's more of a 'sorry we couldn't give you a real chance, but best of luck elsewhere' occurrence. Hopefully we can extract a few million from Genoa for him.

From the transfer forum:

So the rule isn't actually about homegrown players, it is a limit of a maximum of 17 oversees players. With Schneiderlin and Rodriguez, we'd have 19 oversees players (one up on last season - Vorm; Siggy like Schneiderlin was homegrown). Of these though, 3 of them are BAE, Khumalo and Falque, who realistically won't be here next season. That then still leaves us space for an oversees CB, even if he replaces Dawson rather than Kaboul.

HL
MV
BF

JV
VC
YK
BAE
BK

SR
EC
MD
P
LH
CE

NC
EL
YF
EA
RS

= 19

It's not only a place in the 25 for Falque, it's a place in "the 17". And keeping him would give us a lot less flexibility in the transfer market this summer as it would give us one less non-home-grown slot to work with. He looks decent to me, but I think it's probably better for all parties involved if he finds a club with a bit less competition for places.

Back