• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Falqué

We don't have space for Krasic in our midfield

He'd end up like Pienaar - decent player relegated to the bench and destroyed by lack of game time

Odd one if you ask me. Failed at Barca, failed at Juve, failed at Villareal and, whilst he was a spain U21 international, that was only one cap. Personally from I saw in the Europa and other games, I struggle to see what position he is meant to be as he's small, slow, doesnt take players on and isnt incissive - he's not really a winger, nor a CM nor a VdV-type. Kind of like someone who might look tidy in 5-a-sides but not in a full game. Still, hopefully he succeeds and someone must have seen something in him....though its odd that we have seen something where Juve, Barca and Villareal haven't. Presumably the fee is either very low so its purely a punt so if he fails here then it doesnt matter or the fee is heavily tied to appearances etc so again its low risk

Odd one if you ask me. Failed at Barca, failed at Juve, failed at Villareal and, whilst he was a spain U21 international, that was only one cap. Personally from I saw in the Europa and other games, I struggle to see what position he is meant to be as he's small, slow, doesnt take players on and isnt incissive - he's not really a winger, nor a CM nor a VdV-type. Kind of like someone who might look tidy in 5-a-sides but not in a full game. Still, hopefully he succeeds and someone must have seen something in him....though its odd that we have seen something where Juve, Barca and Villareal haven't. Presumably the fee is either very low so its purely a punt so if he fails here then it doesnt matter or the fee is heavily tied to appearances etc so again its low risk

Sorry i must have been watching different games as he has looked promising when ever he has played. He looked quick and looked like he could get round a player.

I think people are to quick to write him off just because he has been sold by both Barca and Juventus these are world class teams with promising youngsters coming out of the ears. He may be at the latter stage of "young" but a lot of great players took there time to become great. Give the boy a chance.

Replacement for GDS then? ;)

This is nothing more than commodity dealing as was said earlier in the thread. We sign a player that wouldn't have been noticed by scouts of smaller clubs here in England, sign him for a nominal fee, then loan him to Southampton who can showcase him as part of their promotion bid. If he helps them get into the Premiership, we could potentially sell him on for about ?ú4-5m to them and it's instant profit. Even if they don't want to make the deal permanent or if they don't get promoted, there's a good chance somebody else from a lower Premiership or Championship side will see him in action when they otherwise wouldn't have and snap him up. If it's for more than ?ú1.5m then it was worth it from our side.

To think as well, if we can get ?ú2m profit for him then that would pay for a year's wage increase to Modric as he signs a contract extension that represents his standing as a star player in a Champions League team. Very shrewd business by Levy.

Sorry i must have been watching different games as he has looked promising when ever he has played. He looked quick and looked like he could get round a player.

I think people are to quick to write him off just because he has been sold by both Barca and Juventus these are world class teams with promising youngsters coming out of the ears. He may be at the latter stage of "young" but a lot of great players took there time to become great. Give the boy a chance.

Agree, must have been watching different games. Who are the 'promising youngsters' who Juve have 'coming out of their ears'? Can you name me 5?

As I said, I hope he succeeds however from what I have seen I cant see enough top level attributes to make it

While he hasn't pulled up trees I think he's looked decent. Surprisingly good in the air as well. Hopefully he'll have a good spell at Southhampton.

Wonder where Carroll's going to be loaned out to...

Surprising signing. I understood his signing to be purely as a squad filler for the Europa League campaign - that was from somebody within the club who was also fairly sure that it wouldnt be a permanant deal. Something must have changed for that to happen, I am assuming that he must have gradually been impressing in training and I think he has looked quite tidy in his game time too.

I liked the look of him in the Europa games, only problem was Pav at the end of most of his passes.
Definitely got something about him, good move to sign and get him out playing games.

From the few times Ive seen him in the Europa league, he appears to have something to offer going forward - I like Redknapp's ethos of loaning out the young players to Championship/League 1, Southampton play decent football so will get a good education there and hopefully we will discover over the remainder of the season what his best position is and how he could potentially fit into our set-up....

Falque

Difficult for me to judge from the poor river but the lad looked good in parts last night. Anyone who went to the game have an opinion on how he did?

He seems to be flourishing under AVB, and looks to be ahead of townsend atm, but is he good enough to push for a starting berth in the league or just the best backup we have at the moment.

I'm hoping he gets more chances but its difficult when you have bale and lennon ahead of you. Could he do a better job than Dempsey or sig in the hole?

Re: Falque

Apologies if there is a Falque thread already, on blackberry atm so couldn't search for it. Please merge if there is one.

Not sure about your river, mate - but he looked very good on my HD - our best performer on the night along with Lloris.

Some excellent range of passing, drew a good save from Bunn and was involved throughout. Deserves PL consideration, imv - hopefully a sign of things to come.

Not sure about your river, mate - but he looked very good on my HD - our best performer on the night along with Lloris.

Some excellent range of passing, drew a good save from Bunn and was involved throughout. Deserves PL consideration, imv - hopefully a sign of things to come.

I think most of the UK had to use that dodgy river last night, TBH.
But inbeyween the stop-start picture, he did seem to stand out quite well.

Guy Mobray singled him out on the League Cup show on BBC. Played some great balls and looked a threat. And also a player that can keep hold of a ball.

Back