• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Seems to be a good place for us to offload players past their best. Simon Davies and Aaron Lennon spring to mind.

I still think Dele has a chance to get somewhere near fulfilling his talent but wouldn't bet a lot of money on him actually doing it.

He will have one of the best goal scoring midfielders to learn from, if he cant learn from him he wont from anyone

I was a tool in my 20s, and had no money to talk of. Imagine being paid £80 grand a week, even if you are not playing. To the true passionate baller they'd battle to get back in the team, whereas to some its a career and they just want the money coming in - BAE was like that as I recall. I wonder if Dele is simply happy with his lot, and his status, and as such doesn't need to move as not playing isn't a big deal to him.

I was a tool in my 20s, and had no money to talk of. Imagine being paid £80 grand a week, even if you are not playing. To the true passionate baller they'd battle to get back in the team, whereas to some its a career and they just want the money coming in - BAE was like that as I recall. I wonder if Dele is simply happy with his lot, and his status, and as such doesn't need to move as not playing isn't a big deal to him.
Maybe.
The difference with the likes of BAE is that they saw it as a job and actually did their job. They put the effort. You can't say that about Dele - he is freeloading and going through the motions. If he was in a normal jobs he'd have been sacked or managed out by now. The difference with football is the asset doing the work is also the saleable item.

Maybe.
The difference with the likes of BAE is that they saw it as a job and actually did their job. They put the effort. You can't say that about Dele - he is freeloading and going through the motions. If he was in a normal jobs he'd have been sacked or managed out by now. The difference with football is the asset doing the work is also the saleable item.

is he? By all accounts he worked his arse off all summer and came back in terrific shape. And was working hard playing in that box to box role under nuno.
He needs a change of scene to get his career back on track, it just isn’t happening for him here

Lets hope this goes through, he has been a waste of space for a couple of seasons now.

He has, and doesnt look like he will get his mojo back at WHL. But this could be the move that reignites him, if he cant get inspired by Frank Lampard, then he might as well retire and stick to FortNite

Romano confirmed, permanent deal subject to medical.

Well..adios, Dele. Thanks for all the wonderful memories, and there were many - in your pomp, not a player in the league could touch you for skill, impudence and cheeky daring.

He leaves with no rancor from me - unlike Tanguy, I never felt he didn't care about being here, as much as he just drifted out of love with football for whatever reason. Never slagged off the club, never kicked up a fuss about not playing - he just sort of drifted away. Which was frustrating in and of itself, but the good memories outweigh the bad.

He's young enough to resurrect his career at Everton if he wants to, and I hope he takes that chance.

Here's to him - good luck, and godspeed.

He has, and doesnt look like he will get his mojo back at WHL. But this could be the move that reignites him, if he cant get inspired by Frank Lampard, then he might as well retire and stick to FortNite

I hope so, I hope he also needs to see he needs to change as well

He has been poor under a few managers now, they cant all be wrong

Great that it sounds like he's off - best way forward for all concerned

For us, frees up a squad space, wages and brings in some cash. Enables us to plan for the summer better and means we won't need to focus on offloading before starting to buy

Great that it sounds like he's off - best way forward for all concerned

For us, frees up a squad space, wages and brings in some cash. Enables us to plan for the summer better and means we won't need to focus on offloading before starting to buy

Agree, players leaving us is just as important as those coming in. Once we have cut lose the waste it helps us plan for the summer window ( which is the big one).

Wow. I'm surprised. I wonder what we got for him. He has been a huge positive most of his Spurs career. He massively overachieved. Which ironically led to all the frustration. But there was a halcyon period, with Eriksen at his back, everything turned to gold. If you have patience, he is a player. You have to stick with him though and accommodate his various attempts at brilliance. A lot won't come off, but when it does, he can be magic.

Back