• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next England Manager Thread

Bruce yeh

But Sams record stacks up for me

Well Stop! Hammer time, but taking the likes of Fat Sam, Bruce, "rent a quote" Sherwood ( who are all in the poll above) would be a step back in time. You might as well put Pullis in the job as he at least could set up a team not to lose.

Of course it is about opinions but it is also about facts and achievements.

Mourinho was employed to win titles at Chelsea and had the team to do so, and he did, Sam was manager of West Ham and employed to get them up and keep them up, and he did. So in their own right and context he achieves what he is asked to and his achievements don't pale to managers who are considered Top. What he achieved at Sunderland shats on what Wenger, Pellegrini and Mourniho achieved for their respective sides.

Name three realistic candidates above him in the reckoning?

I guess Sam's earnt the right to have a go, and rather him than a foreigner. Didn't he say being a manager is easy with good players (with reference to he could do Mourinho's job)? England may not be top class, but probably better than he's worked with before.

Of course it is about opinions but it is also about facts and achievements.

Mourinho was employed to win titles at Chelsea and had the team to do so, and he did, Sam was manager of West Ham and employed to get them up and keep them up, and he did. So in their own right and context he achieves what he is asked to and his achievements don't pale to managers who are considered Top. What he achieved at Sunderland shats on what Wenger, Pellegrini and Mourniho achieved for their respective sides.

Name three realistic candidates above him in the reckoning?

Well personally i would give it back to Hoddle ( the only reason he lost it was the press getting their noses pushed out). Fat Sam has done well at a certain level but no more then Pullis has so would you consider him for the job?.

Fat Sam thinks he is good enough to manage the likes of Madrid, Barca, i wonder why they have not come knocking, you could say the same for Arse, Cheksi etc.

Fat Sam thinks he is good enough to manage the likes of Madrid, Barca, i wonder why they have not come knocking, you could say the same for Arse, Cheksi etc.

Great point for the pub and over a pint but all the clubs you will class him as not being able to manage have also employed and sacked hundreds of managers who they thought was right at the time, so lets just say they can be wrong. Being Real Madrid doesn't make you immune from mistakes.

Could and would Mourinho manage Sunderland and keep them up? You could argue that is a more complex and tactically intense job by trying to suck every last ounce of ability out of poor players than managing Costa and Hazard......

Well personally i would give it back to Hoddle ( the only reason he lost it was the press getting their noses pushed out). Fat Sam has done well at a certain level but no more then Pullis has so would you consider him for the job?.

You realise Pulis is welsh?

Great point for the pub and over a pint but all the clubs you will class him as not being able to manage have also employed and sacked hundreds of managers who they thought was right at the time, so lets just say they can be wrong. Being Real Madrid doesn't make you immune from mistakes.

Could and would Mourinho manage Sunderland and keep them up? You could argue that is a more complex and tactically intense job by trying to suck every last ounce of ability out of poor players than managing Costa and Hazard......

I think in the limited of example of Jose, he would excel at that

You can say that as much as you want, however the facts are he has been a manager for 25 years ( 9 clubs) and the biggest job he has held is the Saudi Sportswashing Machine one ( and that one did not last long). As i say he thinks he is good enough for the top clubs its a pity ( for his sake) that none of them thought the same.

Glenn will drive the players mad.......

Out of all the current front runners I can't see any of them lasting long.

But Sam is the best of the bunch?

Bilic would be my choice but that isn't going happen.

Last edited:
GHod help us if Fat Sam and Bruce are even in the running for the job.

I understand where you are coming from with Big Sam, he doesn't do eye catching football and it not what I would like England to play. Hoddle would be my choice. The current crop of English players do not have anyone in the key areas of the team to compete at the top level. Until we can produce such talent England could at least be more awkward to play against and difficult to beat. We've had years of kidding ourselves we are world class and every competition we turn up as Aunt Sally's. Portugal with one of the best players in the world played cap football and won, we should try it's got to be better than the dross we continue to serve up under the misguided belief we are in control.

i think Alladyce would do well at International football - he seems to know how to balance a team and get them playing the way he wants in a relatively short period of time, two important factors with International football. I also think he's a strong enough personality that we wouldn't have to worry about him being a yes man or pandering to big egos - which have been my major concerns with managers over the last 15 years

Give me a well drilled, balanced England team with everyone motivated and pulling in the same direction and id be happy - i think we'd get that with Alladyce

Wait until Real Madrid get wind of interest in Fat Sam *bye bye Zidane

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I guess Sam's earnt the right to have a go, and rather him than a foreigner. Didn't he say being a manager is easy with good players (with reference to he could do Mourinho's job)? England may not be top class, but probably better than he's worked with before.

Fat sams quote was:

"I'm not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Inter or Real Madrid," Allardyce said. "It wouldn't be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time. Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem. It's not where I'm suited to, it's just where I've been for most of the time.

"It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and [it] would make my job a lot easier in winning it."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/sep/17/blackburn-sam-allardyce-inter-real

Fat Sam may well do better with a bigger club (as any manager would...) but if he was offered the England job you'd be a fool to think he'd move away from the turgid boring soul destroying crap he's always conjured up. Turgid boring soul destroying crap isn't just a playing style for him, it's a philosophy he's built a career around. You don't change that over night.

I think Fat Sam is PERFECT for a post-Brexit England!
No need to over-sophisticate, just get a bit of big boorish Sam in there to 'sort out the namby-pambys' and out 'round peg in round holes - simple!' It could only get better if he were to form the holiest of alliances and bring in 'Arry to 'help!!!!!!...dare I say it, the twunt is actually starting to channel 'Mr Bojangles' himself, ROOOOOON ATKINSON! See photo for proof. And yes, I think what the country needs now is an England manager who is unashamed of his tits (at least Steve Bruce has the good grace to hide his behind a suitably spacious tracksuit top)...

5704.jpg

i think Alladyce would do well at International football - he seems to know how to balance a team and get them playing the way he wants in a relatively short period of time, two important factors with International football. I also think he's a strong enough personality that we wouldn't have to worry about him being a yes man or pandering to big egos - which have been my major concerns with managers over the last 15 years

Give me a well drilled, balanced England team with everyone motivated and pulling in the same direction and id be happy - i think we'd get that with Alladyce

Have to heartily disagree mate, I think he is a regressive, one-track manager. Sorry, he got VERY lucky this season with Sunderland, christ, they couldn't win a game for ages! If we are going to go retro, I'd as soon invite Hiddink to have a crack. Or David Moyes. Of course, a brave appointment would be to look for a ticket including someone like Chris Hughton, who has repeatedly shown he can build sides with nothing and make something (I wonder what he could do with the talent England has), but no worries there.
I do see the points you're making, but just feel he will end up being a McClaren-esque flop.

Back