• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

[tweet]558197641138700288[/tweet]

The article doesn't talk about his contract at all though.

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 14m14 minutes ago
CONTRACT: We are delighted to announce that @Ryan_Mason13 has signed a new five-and-a-half-year contract until 2020.
Embedded image permalink
RETWEETS
FAVORITES
Hannes HolmsténWilliam TerjesenSeb CummingsP.P.BumDean SalterWillTheSolMachine™Chris CloudskipperJames Woodley
1:30 AM - 22 Jan 2015 · Details

Congrats to Ryan!

Hope he's back to his best sooner rather than later, he's been missed when he's been out injured and didn't have the best of times last night. A couple of games and I think he'll be performing again.

BBC sport says he was a Spurs fan as a kid, I thought mumorn said he as Chelsea? This makes no difference to me by the way, just interested to know whether the beeb made yet another mistake!

BBC sport says he was a Spurs fan as a kid, I thought mumorn said he as Chelsea? This makes no difference to me by the way, just interested to know whether the beeb made yet another mistake!

Its not a mistake if you just make **** up, its called lying!

Great news. I think he's my favourite player at the moment

I think he's so so, and currently just in the side at the moment because of his energy. I think he needs to learn off someone more experienced if im honest, miles away from being the finished article but hopefully he'll learn quickly and also beef up as he has the most skinny legs around!

To be fair, the fault probably lies with today's article on the official Spurs site which claimed him as an "Enfield born Spurs fan".

I think he's so so, and currently just in the side at the moment because of his energy. I think he needs to learn off someone more experienced if im honest, miles away from being the finished article but hopefully he'll learn quickly and also beef up as he has the most skinny legs around!

I don't think so.

He's in the side because he's the only one of our centre midfielders who consistently looks to play an incisive forward pass.

Also, don't expect him to "beef up". He tried that three or four years ago and it wasn't right for him. Was the root cause of his injury problems over the ensuing couple of years. He's fine as he is now.

I never said he was a Chelsea fan. Roy, who knows his dad has mentioned he is a Chelsea fan.

I'm happy he's signed a new deal, he's a talented footballer. I dont rate him as highly as some do on here, but he's homegrown and shows real passion and fight. Much better then Livermore, O'Hara and Marney before him, don't think he's as good as Bentaleb but they work really well together and can't wait to see it again. Although Bentaleb and Stambouli wouldn't hurt neither.

"No Spurs player has won more tackles in the Premier League this season than Ryan Mason (38)"
What constitutes a tackle for the stat to count? Does it mean possession changing hands? Stopping progress? Taking the ball from the player with ball regardless of which side ends up with it?

His value to Poch

- energy levels
- recycle/tempo speed (we move the ball a lot quicker as a unit in Poch's first 11, which includes Mason)

First real top level season, lot of upside potential, cost us very little, good move to keep him contracted long term

I don't really understand the hype. By all means he is a decent footballer , but not one i would want in the starting 11 ( ok for now since all our cm are mediocre) . It's his first season in the team, but he is 23 and i really don't expect him to be more than a squad player . We really need schneiderlein ( or someone like him) to push for top 4 . Stambouli has been very impressive of late , i would like to see him an Bentaleb in the cm position and have Mason as backup if we dont sign anyone else .

Great news and I echo metalgear, if you are a youngster currently at the club and can see what Poch is about when it comes to the youth progression it must give you an extra impetus.

For the future, it would be great if we could become the 'Ajax' of the PL.

Great news and I echo metalgear, if you are a youngster currently at the club and can see what Poch is about when it comes to the youth progression it must give you an extra impetus.

For the future, it would be great if we could become the 'Ajax' of the PL.

Don't Ajax poach all there good youth from elsewhere?

However much I think Mason is a good player, who looks at his best when alongside Bentaleb as they complement each other's games. 5.5 years for someone who has half a season in the first team and has a less than desirable injury record seems a bit risky to me.

Back