• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Hope he gets a new contract and is happy with us. Poch needs to build the team around him.

Should Chadli or Lamela play left and Eriksen have a free role droping back to bolster the midfield if we need to shore things up, but free to play on the last man when we attack? Or just find space and make it hard for teams to mark him out the game - which seems to happen as he is so dangerous when he gets on the ball.

I still think he needs at least the rest of the season coming in from wider positions (let's face it, in our shape 'wide' isn't exactly hugging the touchline!)...Kane was excellent today BTW.

B42VWCmCMAE2B8h.jpg:large

He is working harder for sure, but what's interesting to me is he has really benefitted from the Mason/Bentaleb platform too. The position he drifted into for his goal today was great, it's his position but he's finding those spaces more and more now. He appears to be kicking on. Glad to see it. Still much more to come from him IMO if he wants to give it...

Eriksen comes into his own when he doesn't have Lamella running at his area/space on the pitch.

He actually has all the tools to be top to drawer and has shown plenty if that. Today for me the game was passing him by until Lamella was subbed and then we saw why he is the best outfield player at the club. He imposes himself on the game and can do something out if nothing

Eriksen comes into his own when he doesn't have Lamella running at his area/space on the pitch.

He actually has all the tools to be top to drawer and has shown plenty if that. Today for me the game was passing him by until Lamella was subbed and then we saw why he is the best outfield player at the club. He imposes himself on the game and can do something out if nothing

bang on the ****ing money mate.

Eriksen is fast turning into our get out of jail player, we definately started to look for him more in the last 10 minutes but whether this has to do with removing Lamela is still open to debate for me. It looked like Eriksen was taking up a more central role in the final part of the game as I saw Dembele and Chadli both on the left at times, that's more down to changes in tactics than Lamela stealing his space.

He simply has to play 90 minutes of every league game unless he is injured. It's quite literally just him and Kane who look like scoring for us. Well there's Chadli but he can't even get in the team.

Eriksen is fast turning into our get out of jail player, we definately started to look for him more in the last 10 minutes but whether this has to do with removing Lamela is still open to debate for me. It looked like Eriksen was taking up a more central role in the final part of the game as I saw Dembele and Chadli both on the left at times, that's more down to changes in tactics than Lamela stealing his space.

I think he needs to play more central from now on, i think his talent is wasted out on left, he must be frustrated. Until we get a decent playmaker then Eriksen should imo play instead of Mason and then have someone like Stambouli as the DM next to him for cover. Dembele could then play on the left and id play lennon instead of the ineffective lamela on the right. Where was lennon today?

=D>

‏@WhoScored: Christian Eriksen: Has now scored or assisted 22 goals in the Premier League since the start of last season #thfc

@Squawka: Christian Eriksen's game by numbers:
1 goal
1 assist
3 chances created
100% shot accuracy
3 take-ons
10 crosses.

@StatsZone: FT #Swans 1-2 #THFC http://fft.sm/XwpuZ6 Eriksen: 1 goal, 1 assist, 16/18 attacking third passes, 9 ball recoveries
B41a8joCAAAUCcZ.png

To me he's showing the signs of raising it that next level the way Bale did. I think next season he could well be on Real Madrids' radar....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I've been thinking the same. He was very good today, I think that he should have been the Man of the Match, his technique and touch was excellent, added to by the goal.

I've been thinking the same. He was very good today, I think that he should have been the Man of the Match, his technique and touch was excellent, added to by the goal.

What his motive is, whether he wants to move on to another club and sees pictures of Bale and Modric at Madrid and thinks he wants some of that or if he is just professional I do not know but I do know that the coaches at Spurs have said he is the hardest trainer they have seen and he works very hard on improving his stamina. Apparently his nose was put out of joint by his national coach who had a go at him a few months ago.

And vice versa. Poch has got them both converging into the centre, unfortunately they both seem to be on different wavelengths. Is it a personal issue ? self before team ? I dunno but I remember seeing some slick 1-2s between them in the early part of this season.

He is but he was frustratingly invisible for most part of yesterdays game and that is when we are most vulnerable. if not for bony's off day it could have been 3-1 before eriksen decided to switch it on.

Yes. Been saying for ages the two have a very hard time fitting in under Poch's system.

What his motive is, whether he wants to move on to another club and sees pictures of Bale and Modric at Madrid and thinks he wants some of that or if he is just professional I do not know but I do know that the coaches at Spurs have said he is the hardest trainer they have seen and he works very hard on improving his stamina. Apparently his nose was put out of joint by his national coach who had a go at him a few months ago.

I have also heard that he has been regularly staying behind for an extra hour's work on shooting and the like for a while now. Glad to hear it.Glad he wants it.

Great to see Eriksen continuing his good form. Last season, he had 7 goals and 8 assists in 25 league matches. Now, he already has 6 goals and 1 assist from 16 league matches. It was nice to see him getting his first assist of the season when his perfect corner headed in by Kane. Hope he will create more goals for us. Ofcourse we will need better strikers to finish off those chances.

He is but he was frustratingly invisible for most part of yesterdays game and that is when we are most vulnerable. if not for bony's off day it could have been 3-1 before eriksen decided to switch it on.

And yet still our joint top scorer. We don't have any world class players, except for Lloris. Eriksen may go missing but he's the closest we have to a world class player. The difference is, the other players go missing but don't score and are nowhere near as effective.

And yet still our joint top scorer. We don't have any world class players, except for Lloris. Eriksen may go missing but he's the closest we have to a world class player. The difference is, the other players go missing but don't score and are nowhere near as effective.

Pretty much this. The Soldado-Kane combo worked against Everton but has been fizzling since: it might be time to put Eriksen in behind Kane again. He's certainly the best we've got right now.

Noticeable how much his work rate has increased, his tracking back was pretty poor last year and cost us a few goals but now tracks back well and offers some cover.

Noticeable how much his work rate has increased, his tracking back was pretty poor last year and cost us a few goals but now tracks back well and offers some cover.

This is spot on. Maybe also explains why he is drifting in and out of games. The buzz from the front four has gone but the defence has tightened up because the front four are tracking back. We are getting there we just need to link together a bit better.

This is spot on. Maybe also explains why he is drifting in and out of games. The buzz from the front four has gone but the defence has tightened up because the front four are tracking back. We are getting there we just need to link together a bit better.

He drifted in and out of games last season too. Playing decently then popping up with a goal or assist is kind of his thing. He's like the opposite player of Coutinho (and yesterday, Sterling) at Liverpool in that regard. Tons of end product, not always the most involved throughout the game.

Back