• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Safe to say we'll be losing him then if that's all levy is gonna offer him while soldado and adebayor earn 100k a week. Probably part of his 'he wouldn't sign my hands were tied' plan tho. Clubs a shambles.

Lol I love it when people like you go off on one for no real reason....

I don't know who our highest paid players are, but we should make Eriksen and Lloris our highest paid players. £60k is nothing these days.
If those numbers are true then I think Ericksen would absolutely sign a new deal and it would just now be down to a negotiation of the length of the deal.

Ericksen is currently 1.5 years into what I would assume was an initial 5 year contract that expires in the Summer of 2018, so there is about a year and a half to go before the club would need to start worrying about having to sell him. It would therefore make financial sense for Ericksen to agree to the pay rise and extend his contract end date until 2019. this would mean that he would earn close to £2 million extra in the next 1.5 years.

If one assumes that Ericksen didn't sign a new contract and was sold in the Summer of 2016 then Ericksen would have to achieve a £100k a week at his new club just to be level pegging with the money he gave up by not signing his new deal. It probably therefore makes sense for Ericksen to take the security of the money now and then review things again in 1.5 years time when the club would again be looking to offer him improved terms

Our average salary at the moment is £73k per player.

No way is Eriksen on less than half our average

(Anyone interested in the calculations - our turnover is £147m and our salaries are 65% of turnover - £95.5m. If we have 25 senior players, that's £3.8m pa each, or £73k pw)

Our average salary at the moment is £73k per player.

No way is Eriksen on less than half our average

(Anyone interested in the calculations - our turnover is £147m and our salaries are 65% of turnover - £95.5m. If we have 25 senior players, that's £3.8m pa each, or £73k pw)

You realise those figures are from the 2012/13 season and Eriksen was signed after that.

Might the "65% of turnover" also include bonuses for individuals reaching certain milestones? (cleansheets, every 10 goals scored, etc.)

Might the "65% of turnover" also include bonuses for individuals reaching certain milestones? (cleansheets, every 10 goals scored, etc.)

Yes - it would include bonuses. I think it is also be the entire club's wage bill - including director pay (Levy takes about £3 million a year remember) as well as the pay for all of the management team, coaches, medical team, and the general staff). I would be surprised if there are more than 1 or 2 players currently on a salary of £73k a week.... let alone that being the AVERAGE salary at Tottenham.

You realise those figures are from the 2012/13 season and Eriksen was signed after that.

Turnover tends to creep up by about £5m pa, and wages at 65% of turnover has been Levy's cap for years.

The £73k average will though include bonuses as well as basics.

Safe to say we'll be losing him then if that's all levy is gonna offer him while soldado and adebayor earn 100k a week. Probably part of his 'he wouldn't sign my hands were tied' plan tho. Clubs a shambles.

Yes. Cause if there's one thing Levy likes it's our best players having long contracts with the club... :ross:

I don't know who our highest paid players are, but we should make Eriksen and Lloris our highest paid players. £60k is nothing these days.

If that's what it takes to make him sign, sure.

If we can get him to sign for less though, we should. Then a year or two down the line he can be offered an extension along with another rise in wages. Make him one of our best paid players now and a year or two down the line we would have to crush our wage budget up like a paper cup to offer him a new deal (a.k.a. the Arsenal model).

This man deserves some praise.
I think we will struggle to keep him if Poch insists on playing him wide left every game. But I really hope he stays for a while.

To me he's showing the signs of raising it that next level the way Bale did. I think next season he could well be on Real Madrids' radar....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

This man deserves some praise.
I think we will struggle to keep him if Poch insists on playing him wide left every game. But I really hope he stays for a while.

that's what we did with Modric whilst he got used to the PL and then he played CM after a year or two.

that's what we did with Modric whilst he got used to the PL and then he played CM after a year or two.

I was trying to remember whether Modric coming inside as CM was one of those lucky accidents when another player gets injured or whether it was by design.

If i was confident that Poch was planning to do the same with Eriksen I would be much happier - but I'm not convinced, and I think there are opportunities to play Eriksen central -whether that is advanced - or as I would prefer a bit deeper - now.

Hope he gets a new contract and is happy with us. Poch needs to build the team around him.

Should Chadli or Lamela play left and Eriksen have a free role droping back to bolster the midfield if we need to shore things up, but free to play on the last man when we attack? Or just find space and make it hard for teams to mark him out the game - which seems to happen as he is so dangerous when he gets on the ball.

I was trying to remember whether Modric coming inside as CM was one of those lucky accidents when another player gets injured or whether it was by design.

If i was confident that Poch was planning to do the same with Eriksen I would be much happier - but I'm not convinced, and I think there are opportunities to play Eriksen central -whether that is advanced - or as I would prefer a bit deeper - now.

Hobson's choice for Harry following a plethora of injuries to midfield players if memory serves.

I agree with you that, if he moves inside, it should be deeper. I think that whoever plays in that 'no 10' role needs to be able to get 15 goals per season as you're effectively sacrificing a CF for that person and I'm sceptical whether many midfield-converts are able to do that as well as, say, Kane playing deeper as he is now.

He is working harder for sure, but what's interesting to me is he has really benefitted from the Mason/Bentaleb platform too. The position he drifted into for his goal today was great, it's his position but he's finding those spaces more and more now. He appears to be kicking on. Glad to see it. Still much more to come from him IMO if he wants to give it...

Back