• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs players trried to avoid England call-up - says Harry

(...)
The main "bad guys" are really the two-bit media trying to make it into something it's not.

Not sure what you men that it is then? If I apply the "Redknapp good-will filter" then it could be just Redknapp being a little clumsy in his way of saying "I believe there is a lack of enthusiasm and pride associated with playing for your country these days". Which is fair enough.

The way it was said it reflects very poorly on 10+ individuals and their club (us). Engineered for making headlines by burning bridges - fully in line with the Redknapp M.O. that we know all too well by know. There is too much of a pattern here that it is fair to apply the above mentioned filter to the delivieries of this **** stirrer.

We don't really need this before a pre season and premier league do we. What a Cnut he is.

It probably is true, but you don't go saying this if you are still in the game as a player or a manager, or even a commentator. Leave it for a book or something.

See I'm reading it different. Gerrard is getting all defensive and only want Harry to name and shame to deflect attention away from him on to Lennon, King or whoever

It's not a new thing that players have asked to be pulled out of friendlies, even Gerrard has prior.

If he really cared about the players he'd call Harry a silly old Wally and move on but he's giving the issue oxygen.

Can you imagine Gerrard getting so fired up wanting to "name names" if it were Liverpool the club involved?

See I'm reading it different. Gerrard is getting all defensive and only want Harry to name and shame to deflect attention away from him on to Lennon, King or whoever

It's not a new thing that players have asked to be pulled out of friendlies, even Gerrard has prior.

If he really cared about the players he'd call Harry a silly old Wally and move on but he's giving the issue oxygen.

Can you imagine Gerrard getting so fired up wanting to "name names" if it were Liverpool the club involved?

the crux of the Gerrard issue

Not sure what you men that it is then? If I apply the "Redknapp good-will filter" then it could be just Redknapp being a little clumsy in his way of saying "I believe there is a lack of enthusiasm and pride associated with playing for your country these days". Which is fair enough.

The way it was said it reflects very poorly on 10+ individuals and their club (us). Engineered for making headlines by burning bridges - fully in line with the Redknapp M.O. that we know all too well by know. There is too much of a pattern here that it is fair to apply the above mentioned filter to the delivieries of this **** stirrer.

I guess my point is that everyone knows players from the top 5/6 teams skip playing for England (esp. friendlies). Yet...despite this being obvious the media seem to bill it as "SPURS players miss England matches" when surely a better angle would be to look at all players who have done it.

Also, just re-read Gerrards comments when he says "it's disgusting if true". What an aresehole! As posted above by Superted he's clearly done the same himself, and probably on 10+ occasions if you look through in details. Probably just trying to deflect attention away from the fact he was utter **** during both WC matches.

I personally don't believe the story. He didn't name the player so can easily say this without having any repercussions, and a list of players associated with the club are under scrutiny.

Him and Sherwood in the last week have been having a public airing grievances with England players. Sherwood in his column in the i on Saturday said some players in the England camp go about training with a poor attitude, thinking they are too good for routine training drills. This was written without him having trained with any member of the squad. Says it all for me...

Unnecessary comment from Redknapp but quite hypocritical of Gerrard to pipe up given the examples given above of his past and pulling out of England squads. Bit of a bush league move to not name anyone but players do it all the time, Gareth Bale pulled out of the Olympic squad and played for Spurs not long after.

Redknapp told the Daily Mail: “I understand Steven’s concern but I don’t want to get into naming names because it wouldn’t be fair to the players.

“Every Premier League manager past and present knows what I’m talking about. Probably even Roy Hodgson. But sadly this attitude is not unusual these days.

“You’ve only got to look at how many players pull out of an international game on Tuesday and Wednesday then are running about for their clubs the next Saturday to see that this is a very real issue.”

Oh, okay then.

I'll always be grateful for the CL good times, but he really is a gob****e at times.

Wouldn't be fair on the players? He's already smeared every Englishman who was at the club while he was.

I'll always be grateful for the CL good times, but he really is a gob****e at times.

Wouldn't be fair on the players? He's already smeared every Englishman who was at the club while he was.

Exactly, what a horrible cnut

And people still don't understand why he had to go ?
Self serving vile dishonest conniving orrible scrote and so is he's son .

Redknapp told the Daily Mail:
“I understand Steven’s concern but I don’t want to get into naming names because it wouldn’t be fair to the players".

#-o x 100

I personally don't believe the story. He didn't name the player so can easily say this without having any repercussions, and a list of players associated with the club are under scrutiny.

Him and Sherwood in the last week have been having a public airing grievances with England players. Sherwood in his column in the i on Saturday said some players in the England camp go about training with a poor attitude, thinking they are too good for routine training drills. This was written without him having trained with any member of the squad. Says it all for me...

Missed that, would love to have seen it…my word, what a pair...

Missed that, would love to have seen it…my word, what a pair...

Come on Steff Sherwood is not in the same toxic league as Redknapp. Tbf I read Sherwood' s column and it was not as bad as Redknapp made some fair points too I felt it was quite positive about young English players coming through.

Distraction .. it actually doesn't ****ing mater what Harry/TS/Gerrard say, the facts are

- Players (from all clubs) very rarely give **** about playing for England ..
- England continuously picks negative/non progressive coaches who pick **** players once they play for a "sky 4" team, even when said player is injured, desperately out of form, or never has been in form
- England hasn't realistically challenged for anything in decades

The FA should be under serious review now, Roy should be ****ing gone (sorry, you can't ****ing get knocked out in 2 games and stay, that's the issue that got you here in the first place) ... but people will go ahead and be distracted by Harry, try to blame some spacegoat in the side and miss the real issue ...

I said this before the issue with the England players is their education. Most of them are very very thick. Its great being an athlete and having footballing skills and attributes but intelligence is what takes players to the next level. You need all three. Of course there are exceptions to this rule. But if English football started promoting intelligent footballers the game would be infinitely better off.

Come on Steff Sherwood is not in the same toxic league as Redknapp. Tbf I read Sherwood' s column and it was not as bad as Redknapp made some fair points too I felt it was quite positive about young English players coming through.

I will admit that I made the comment on the general premise that he made comments and not on the comments themselves. Thus perhaps unfair. I'd like to read them. I'll look them up, but until then, fair play, I should reserve comment on Sherwood's WC observations.

So none of the English players in your squads at Portsmouth/Southampton/West Ham/QPR ever dodged call-ups, did they, Harry? Just Spurs.

Interesting.

Back