• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

My gut feeling is if we do indeed buy Soldado and the fact we have already spend 24 mill in getting Paulinho and Chadli....Bale is gone. There is no way in hell or earth Levy would shell out circa 50 mill for those three players without raising the cash somewhere else.

Perhaps ENIC have put their hand in their pocket, speculate to accumulate.

The only way they'll get value from the club is through CL football, the only way they'll get CL football is by improving the squad, spend 50-60m and recoup that over 3-4 years through CL football, stadium rights (which no doubt would be higher for a CL club then a EL club) and revenue from CL games.

My gut feeling is if we do indeed buy Soldado and the fact we have already spend 24 mill in getting Paulinho and Chadli....Bale is gone. There is no way in hell or earth Levy would shell out circa 50 mill for those three players without raising the cash somewhere else.

We have spent more (net) in previous windows under Levy so i don't see why we can't again

We have spent more (net) in previous windows under Levy so i don't see why we can't again

We are in fact spending a bit of the Bale money. This window is a win win, we can splash big and give the premiership a good run this season, and next summer we will get 60m plus for Bale

We haven't sold anyone yet. Getting rid of hudd, livermore, rose and parker could get us 15 - 20m.

Speculating that we must be selling bale to afford these signings is silly. The new TV deal should net us a minimum of an extra £20m a year. This is the time to spend that in transfers as when current contracts get re-negotiated the £20m will just become more wages towards players.

So if we would normally have £20m net to spend plus £20m of new money then Find £10m from sales not hard...

Edit: Probably less in the normal pot and more from sales actually. Considering we've got 3.5m from a sell on from goo already. And we'll prob move a few on.

Last edited:
And we have released gallas and Bentley, that's probably 120k a week or around 6m gone from the wage bill.

Anyone slightly concerned that if Liverpool do cave in and sell Suarez to Arse or Real that they'll then come chasing after Soldado? They already have a bunch of Spaniards and will have more cash than we do to spend given the Suarez money.....think we need to get the Soldado deal tied up asao

We haven't sold anyone yet. Getting rid of hudd, livermore, rose and parker could get us 15 - 20m.

£5m for THudd, £2m - £3m for Parker and the same for Livermore. Cant see us selling Rose and even if we did we wouldnt get near the £15m you mention

Anyone slightly concerned that if Liverpool do cave in and sell Suarez to Arse or Real that they'll then come chasing after Soldado? They already have a bunch of Spaniards and will have more cash than we do to spend given the Suarez money.....think we need to get the Soldado deal tied up asao

I would be if Arsenal finalize this before we get Soldado.

can´t understand why for the love of GHod they did not accept 40m.

£5m for THudd, £2m - £3m for Parker and the same for Livermore. Cant see us selling Rose and even if we did we wouldnt get near the £15m you mention

Think we'll move on Defoe too. 31 and not at all suited to a 4-3-3. He, Parker, Hudd and Livermore should bring in more than £15m, leaving our final net outlay at just under the £30m mark.

Have Soldado, Ade and Dempsey/Chadli/Coulthirst as our striking options.

Yeah crazy isn;t it. I would be more inclined to say what are they smoking to offer that much…

Probably same situation as Bale, would rather him move abroad even if for a slightly smaller fee than strengthen one of your rivals....

we would get 4m for rose i reckon which would take us to 15m.

could look to offload gomes for say 1-2m and Defoe for another 5m and there was talk of Dempsey going too so maybe another 3m and suddenly we are taking in nearer 25m.

new tv deal is worth an extra 20m so that's a very small net spend.

all obviously made up figures and there is more to it than that but you get the picture.

4m for a player who is coming off thr back of an impressive season in the premiership? Crazy talk

the new TV money, the fact we didn't net spend much last summer.

the cash has been raised somewhere else, and it's not from Bale.

Back