• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

Not sure that I like many of them.

Benteke's price is more than we would pay
Damiao comes with too much expectation and, from the bits I've seen of him, I really dont get the hype
Soldado - Levy woul dlike the price v age combo
Gameiro - dont rate at all

If I had to go for one of them it would probably be Lopez if the price was right so that we dont waste our money. See little point spending £20m on someone unless they're worth it

Have we been linked to some of these guys or is this just a santa list?

we have been linked to 8, and i just added 2 extra (Finnbogason and Hosiner) to make up the number to 10

quite frankly as you can see we are running out of decent options

we have been linked to 8, and i just added 2 extra (Finnbogason and Hosiner) to make up the number to 10

You are not wrong. 5 weeks to the start of the season too.

I have a feeling we will end up pushing for Baldy's old boys, Osvaldo and Pjanic, but if the reported bid for Soldado is true then he's probably our main target.

thats what its come to. A lot of the better known strikers have already moved

I don't see that as a bad thing. The better known strikers are usually much more expensive. Time for the scouting team to earn their keep, it is why we hire them.

I can't honestly vote for any of them. I don't rate Benteke at the price he'll cost, nor Dzeko at the price/wages he'd cost. I don't know enough about the others.

I said the same thing to someone else who posted a similar comment the other day - I sincerely hope that AVB and Baldini have much better knowledge of global football than you, I or anyone else on this board. There will be more options than those on this list

yes. hence why he is unavailable or was that too hard?

He's rather brick and a midget who wouldn't be able to play as a lone striker anyway so it's rather funny you include him as a possible target (even funnier when you see his name anywhere near the likes of David Villa lol).

He's rather brick and a midget who wouldn't be able to play as a lone striker anyway so it's rather funny you include him as a possible target (even funnier when you see his name anywhere near the likes of David Villa lol).

when did i include him as a possible target? did I create this thread?

He was on the original poll because there were links in the media at the time, but more than likely they were bollox, and as Mumorn says he's been sold since.

ffs stop crying man.

You listed him and said he was unavailable so i assume you thought he was a target (or wanted him to be a target). Jeez it's no biggie.

he's in the poll. Someone said the poll needed updating, I was telling him that those in the poll were unavailable as they had been sold or not available. me crying? :lol: you're the one not understanding and continuing to go on.

I haven't seen Forlan in a while. Does he still have it?

Was the best Uruguayan striker at the Confed Cup, in my view: played deep, kept the team's tempo up and was streets ahead of both Suarez and Cavani, both of whom had disappointing tournaments.

Soldado, Dzeko and Benteke would be good signings. There's no-one else on that list I would want based on my (weak) knowledge - Lisandro Lopez would be a terrible mistake, Gamiero I've seen little of, ditto Osvaldo. Damiao and Yilmaz again I haven't seen a great deal of but they both seem too limited. Hadn't heard of the other two until a couple of weeks ago, from this board.

So I voted for Soldado as I think he's a better player than Benteke and we have a more realistic chance of getting him than we do Dzeko.

I have a feeling we will get Benteke - not because he is a first choice but because we will be left wanting near to the start of the season that we will just buy the fudger and offsetting some of that cost with the Ade sale. 25m minus 5-7m for Ade minus around 1.5m extra for Ades (assuming Ade is on 100k a week and Benteke going onto 60-70k a week) wages and youre talking about a 15m outlay which in the grand scheme of things isnt that much.

You know what?

I know absolutely bugger all about 5 of those listed above.

That in itself worries me.

That's because you don't have the expert, encyclopaedic knowledge computer games give you.

Sturridge or Lukaku for what it's worth imo.

Back