• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

Fan's perceptions of things that happen behind closed doors and we know little or nothing about, gotta love 'em!!

oh come on, its the middle of summer, there is no football, what else is there to talk about, speculate on?....wouldnt it be boring if all we ever did was deal with the facts, about what we know? None of us know what happens behind closed doors but im sure many of us dare to wonder. Chill out man:)

It would be funny if we dont buy a striker.

I mean it wouldnt even be depressing or sad anymore but actually funny like fudging funny.

I mean it wouldnt even be depressing or sad anymore but actually funny like fudging funny.

maybe Paulinho is our new striker, loves a goal or two apparently

Don't be silly, we'll buy a new striker.,,,

It will just be the French 'Andy Booth',,,

I don't care who we buy as long as he doesn't have a proven track record of scoring goals.

We should avoid anyone with the reputation of being a goal scorer.

The main criteria are: hard working; good at step overs; plays Hollywood passes with the outside of his boot and, most crucial of all, can "dove tail" with Bale and some bloke we haven't even bought yet on the opposite flank.

We should be avoiding anyone who actually puts the ball in the net. We need a 7-8 goal a season man with an all round game.

i remember it too. Commoli was pushing hard for this but it obviously we didnt do the deal....Maybe it was the 3rd party ownership issues actually

That summer Ramos also wanted Diego Milito, who got so sick of waiting for Spurs to buy him all summer that on deadline day when Spurs finally decided to go ahead and finalise the deal, Milito said fcuk off apparently and chose to got to Genoa instead. All this from a Spanish journo

so imagine that....Berbatov and Keane out, Milito and Falcao in :eek: ](*,) if only, if only

For the reported £25m it will take to get Benteke, would Javier Hernandez not be a viable option? With Rooney looking like he may stay and RVP and Welbeck ahead of him I think we'd have a decent chance of signing him. He's always played great when I've seen him and his work rate is also very good. He may not be as young as Benteke (25 now) but I certainly think he's more skilfull and a better finisher.

His record last season in the PL was a goal every 95 minutes which is truly superb. Imagine how good he could get with playing 90 minutes every week rather than coming on as a super sub all the time.

For the reported £25m it will take to get Benteke, would Javier Hernandez not be a viable option? With Rooney looking like he may stay and RVP and Welbeck ahead of him I think we'd have a decent chance of signing him. He's always played great when I've seen him and his work rate is also very good. He may not be as young as Benteke (25 now) but I certainly think he's more skilfull and a better finisher.

His record last season in the PL was a goal every 95 minutes which is truly superb. Imagine how good he could get with playing 90 minutes every week rather than coming on as a super sub all the time.

and he would make more sense as an alternative to Villa who it seems was AVB's first choice. 15-18 mill should secure him, and he would probably fit in with the wage structure. Good shout

Scores too many goals. Next.

i remember it too. Commoli was pushing hard for this but it obviously we didnt do the deal....Maybe it was the 3rd party ownership issues actually

That summer Ramos also wanted Diego Milito, who got so sick of waiting for Spurs to buy him all summer that on deadline day when Spurs finally decided to go ahead and finalise the deal, Milito said fcuk off apparently and chose to got to Genoa instead. All this from a Spanish journo

so imagine that....Berbatov and Keane out, Milito and Falcao in :eek: ](*,) if only, if only

And in 2010 we could've bought Lewandowski for £5m to provide Falcao and Milito with some competition for their spots up front!!

Twitter / SteveArchibald8: Just a note of interest for Spurs fans, I offered Robert Lewandowski to Spurs when he was stll playing in Poland, for less than 5m, pity !

Back