• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Totteham vs Swansea - Season Recovery Edition

I suggest two OMT's for this game. It's the sort of 'out there' tactic that could see us hit form again this season. GHod knows we need something, and this game was gonna be mine. Go mad.

Lloris
Walker
Dawson
Verts
Bae
Holtby (to play wide right if Lennon not available)
Parker(with specific instructions to hold and pass early)
Carroll
Bale
Dempsey
Defoe

Subs: Brad, Caulker, Dembele, Sig and Ade

Defoe (surprisingly) led the line ok earlier in the season. Dembele looks tired and would be a better impact sub. Ade needs shaking up - the carrot hasnt worked, time for a rethink. If Dempsey too tired after his trip to the States and beyond, then Sig to play in the hole and swap with Holtby. Bale to revert to the wide left - at least to begin with.

Team picks itself for me...

---------------- Lloris -------------
Walker - Daws - Verts - BAE
------ Dembele - Parker -------
Lennon ------ Siggy ------ Bale
---------------- Defoe -------------

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Caulker, Carroll, Huddlestone, Dempsey, Adebayor.

If Daws is unfit, i'd expect Caulker to start...

http://www.worldfootball.net/spielbericht/premier-league-2012-2013-tottenham-hotspur-swansea-city/

We fielded a strong attacking team for the home fixture but we hardly created a chance IIRC. Seems like this season's lament. The goal came from a set play.

We will be passed off the field if both Parker and Dembele start. I hope AVB is not thinking safety first in the later stages of this season as he was in the later stages of games at the beginning of the season.

It did not work then and it won't work now. I would start Hudd (if fit) and Dembele. Maybe Carroll?

http://www.worldfootball.net/spielbericht/premier-league-2012-2013-tottenham-hotspur-swansea-city/

We fielded a strong attacking team for the home fixture but we hardly created a chance IIRC. Seems like this season's lament. The goal came from a set play.

We will be passed off the field if both Parker and Dembele start. I hope AVB is not thinking safety first in the later stages of this season as he was in the later stages of games at the beginning of the season.

It did not work then and it won't work now. I would start Hudd (if fit) and Dembele. Maybe Carroll?

fudging hell , whats been going on around here?

why is it an issue about us getting passed off the field if parker and dembele start? two guys that were instrumental in our run, yet someone that barely gets a game and a youth player that has impressive cameos are the ones going to make sure that doesnt happen

i like thudd and i rate his passing but if you want to stop swansea passing us of the field with their quick player and ball movement, how is it wise that you use someone with thudds immobility issues? or even a youngster who might not be ready for the kind of pressure put on a senior player with a role to significantly help the team into the CL

has the site been poisoned or something. something desperate is going on around here......is it actually just two games thats making people react like this?

fudging hell , whats been going on around here?

why is it an issue about us getting passed off the field if parker and dembele start? two guys that were instrumental in our run, yet someone that barely gets a game and a youth player that has impressive cameos are the ones going to make sure that doesnt happen

i like thudd and i rate his passing but if you want to stop swansea passing us of the field with their quick player and ball movement, how is it wise that you use someone with thudds immobility issues? or even a youngster who might not be ready for the kind of pressure put on a senior player with a role to significantly help the team into the CL

has the site been poisoned or something. something desperate is going on around here......is it actually just two games thats making people react like this?

I think people just have wildly differing opinions. A lot of posters prefer to see Spurs as an attractive passing outfit.

I don't think we really have a proper alternative to Parker and Dembele right now. But I'm keen to see whether Carroll or even Thudd (although I'm still thinking of him back in the day), could improve things in terms of our general passing through the centre of the park.

Parker and Dembele still remain very good at what they do. But there is no doubt they are not able to bring the same qualities that Luka or Rafa gave us. Neither vice versa.

I think people just have wildly differing opinions. A lot of posters prefer to see Spurs as an attractive passing outfit.

I don't think we really have a proper alternative to Parker and Dembele right now. But I'm keen to see whether Carroll or even Thudd (although I'm still thinking of him back in the day), could improve things in terms of our general passing through the centre of the park.

Parker and Dembele still remain very good at what they do. But there is no doubt they are not able to bring the same qualities that Luka or Rafa gave us. Neither vice versa.

yes i would also like to see us pass well , score loads with our strikers and win games.

Then i get a reality check and come to the realisation that we arent that good, in order to make the best out of that we have to do what it takes with what we have that would produce optimal results.

If style was much more an issue than results then why didnt people call for parker and / or dembele to be dropped when the going was sweet?

i dont know personally, you have to ask your self if fans these days have enough belief and resolve in their team. it happens at all clubs everywhere

Team picks itself for me...

---------------- Lloris -------------
Walker - Daws - Verts - BAE
------ Dembele - Parker -------
Lennon ------ Siggy ------ Bale
---------------- Defoe -------------

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Caulker, Carroll, Huddlestone, Dempsey, Adebayor.

If Daws is unfit, i'd expect Caulker to start...

Agree with that. I sincerely hope that, given the last couple league games, AVB then rotates some players for the games v Basel so that we're on the top of our game in the league in coming weeks

Welcome back from your ban! ;)

I agree with you, we need to pack the midfield for this one.

I would start;

-------------Lloris--------------
Walker---Dawson---Verts---BAE
Lennon-Caroll-Dembele-Parker-Bale
-------------Ade-------------

Defoe will play tuesday and will have played two games in a row with a fair bit of travel, and I also think this game will suit Ade.

2-1 Spurs and a very tight game.

There seems to be a lot of assumptions here that both Dawson and Lennon will be fit and available to play in no time....:-"

Back