• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gallas

Billy Gallas

He is the epitomy of all that is wrong with our season.

Poor positioning.
Poor passing.
Slow.
Too old.
Silly mistakes.

...and he is NOT a leader.

I don't get what the Spurs backroom team see in him.

Until Kaboul is fit we have to play Dawson every time. Dawson sweated blood in that 2nd half for us. He is Mr Tottenham. He embodies fight and determination.

While we continue to have Billy as our captain, we will continue as a mid table team.

I like Gallas - I always thought he was an excellent defender and not just for us but the past teams HOWEVER he just doesnt have it anymore. He has two or three great moments in a game but undoes it by his mediocre defending and for some reason he is ALWAYS last man - fudges up the offside trap

EVERY goal we seem to concede is followed up by a close-up of Gallas' disgusted expression looking for SOMEONE ELSE to blame... this epitomises him I'm afraid, he's a blamer, always looking for someone to point his guilty finger at.
Not saying he isn't/wasn't a decent defender, he is/was... but his age has caught up with him now, and I think his biggest fault is that either he can't handle it, or is refusing to accept it!

He'll be perfect for a Championship club with big ambitions... I reckon he'd be able to do a job at palace (and maybe part of a swap deal with Zaha in Jan!!!!)

He's entering a King-like abyss of poor form - much like Neville did few seasons ago and decided to call it a day and retire with dignity - much like Ledley did

Fair innings, Willy - you've had an illustrious career but at 35 you simply can't keep up with the pace. You did well for us and will be remembered with good

Dawson/Caulker from now on - no exceptions, please

He's entering a King-like abyss of poor form - much like Neville did few seasons ago and decided to call it a day and retire with dignity - much like Ledley did

Fair innings, Willy - you've had an illustrious career but at 35 you simply can't keep up with the pace. You did well for us and will be remembered with good

agree:-k

I've been saying for a couple months that he's past it and I still don't understand what AVB sees in him and what he doesn't see in Dawson.

Whilst Kaboul and BAE are out our back four should be: Walker---Dawspon---Caulker---Vert with Naughton as back-up for Vertonghen

On the button.

Simply past it. Reserve back up bench player if things get desperate.

Caulks and Verts - with Daws backing them up.

Caulker says that AVB is fair and picks players on form. Dawson will likely start on Thursday and if he puts in a good performance I hope that what Caulker says is true.
I don't think Gallas was that bad against Chelsea-I think collectively and individually all of our back 4 were responsible for all the goals conceded and that is now 6 in 2 games.
Something has to be done.

Posted this last month.

Hopefully Ekotto will be back soon and we'll see Vertonghen and Caulker in the centre, at least until Kaboul returns. I think Gallas still has a role to play for us, but unless his form improves rather snappishly I don't think that role is as first choice.

I think it's close between him and Dawson at the moment, wouldn't mind seeing Dawson picked ahead of him either.

Edit: Next match is against West Stokerdyce right? We need to start Dawson ahead of Gallas in that one if Ekotto isn't back, Gallas isn't the best in the air and we need someone willing to battle with Carroll. With West Ham doing what they do I would say that playing Vert at left back and Caulker alongside Dawson would be the best thing just to get some height into the side.

Last edited:
Hopefully Ekotto will be back soon and we'll see Vertonghen and Caulker in the centre, at least until Kaboul returns. I think Gallas still has a role to play for us, but unless his form improves rather snappishly I don't think that role is as first choice.

I think it's close between him and Dawson at the moment, wouldn't mind seeing Dawson picked ahead of him either.

Edit: Next match is against West Stokerdyce right? We need to start Dawson ahead of Gallas in that one if Ekotto isn't back, Gallas isn't the best in the air and we need someone willing to battle with Carroll. With West Ham doing what they do I would say that playing Vert at left back and Caulker alongside Dawson would be the best thing just to get some height into the side.

Nice one-the big men done for us today. Dawson to start for me.

Absolutely brutal.

Terrible defending start to finish, he got a chance to redeem himself when he got on the ball more when we went to 3 at the back, he was just as bad on the ball.

On the other hand Dawson was quality when he came on. His tackle on Walnut was great.

Back