• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

They shouldn't have had fan parks in Paris if they don't want fans to travel without a ticket. I also know plenty of Spurs fans who traveled to Madrid without a ticket when we got to the final. We celebrated it when we wanted to soak up the atmosphere.

I agree they shouldn’t have fan parks.

If they have them, that’s where the fans without tickets should stay though.

Any Spurs fan who travelled to the stadium that day, without a ticket and tried to blag or force their way in, is a fudging idiot too. If I knew anyone who did that I would grass them up.

If they are seriously claiming that 70% of the tickets coming into the stadium were counterfeit, why did they close gates and reduce the points where they could be checked?
Because scousers, stadium gates and large numbers of ticketless fans are an issue with a bit of history?

They shouldn't have had fan parks in Paris if they don't want fans to travel without a ticket. I also know plenty of Spurs fans who traveled to Madrid without a ticket when we got to the final. We celebrated it when we wanted to soak up the atmosphere.
I thought fan parks were meant as fan containment, until they leave for the match (with a ticket), to keep them away from the centre of town? If the fan parks had big screens to watch the game, then the authorities can't complain about people travelling without tickets.

I thought fan parks were meant as fan containment, until they leave for the match (with a ticket), to keep them away from the centre of town? If the fan parks had big screens to watch the game, then the authorities can't complain about people travelling without tickets.

Match wasn't shown in the parks

I am not a fan of Liverpool and their fans (self indulgent, best fans in the world, magic of the kop blah blah blah) and was glad to see Madrid win.

However I think the way their fans was treated was utterly disgraceful and it could have been any team that was impacted that way. Having just missed out on 2019 final tickets but a few loyalty points, I can appreciate how hard it is to get those tickets, and also the insane journeys that need to be taken to get to the final and expense involved (i had a mate who went to the madrid final via Kiev). It was clearly an incredibly dangerous and chaotic situation.

Fans are treated like second class citizens when it comes to these events, especially in the case of Uefa who horde up all the tickets for themselves. Makes the superleague sound attractive

Sorry if i misinterpreted your post, it came across to me as aggressive and condescending.

First off my knowledge of the first ibrox disaster is sketchy in the extreme, but what i do know is that it wasn't a rangers game, it was an international between Scotland and England, one of those odd facts that often get over looked but has stuck in my head. So nothing to do with rangers fans.
My dad was at the second ibrox disaster, luckily not in that stand. Seemingly according to my dad the area of the disaster was well known a problem spot within the ground and many fans avoided it. Again not really the fans at fault, so i would have issues with the rangers fans being tarred with that brush.
However i have seen enough despicable behaviour from rangers supporters to know that there is a considerable sized element of them that are, well lets just say unsavoury.
My family all rangers supporters, i see the good and the bad.
Not that they are alone in that, celtic, Aberdeen and hibs are all similar and hearts not as bad, not far behind.
As i have stated elsewhere, these incidents are never as cut and dried as they first appear/are painted and i am aware that heysel and Hillsborough cannot be laid entirely at the door of Liverpool supporters.
It does not change the fact though that those incidents have involved Liverpool supporters and it would be a dereliction of care and duty not to take that into account when planning for matches such as this which could be a flash point.
Take your class action for example, if GHod forbid some poor soul did lose their life at one of these games do you not think that the first question asked is why did you not take into account the past occasions that people have been killed at games involving Liverpool?

Ps, heysel was very good for Scottish football, i got to see fantastic footballers who would never have come here if English clubs weren't banned from Europe.
Don’t mean to be flippant about such a devastating event, but i want to be clear that as much as I dislike Liverpool and their support i am not blind to the fact that like most clubs the vast majority of the support are decent people and different only from us in the colour of the shirt they wear.

Pps
I have been told by at least three rangers supporters that there was a feeling among the fans that they would be on their best behaviour in sevilla and no nonsense would be tolerated. They wanted to outdo the celtic support who had been highly praised for their behaviour in sevilla.
Strange attitude to me, you should always be on your best behaviour and policing yourselves.

I think the big take-away from Saturday is that there was a MASSIVE dereliction of care by UEFA and the FFA, from which end to put Liverpool in 'anticipation' of 'maybe' needing crowd control, to what actually did (and didn't) happen.

Apologies if the previous post seemed patronising, I took it as spirited debate with someone I always get on with here mate. Again, we all know where the patronizing exchanges (of which I AM a part until others decide to reel it in) can be found.

Last edited:
This isn't how debating works.

If the information is so readily out there, please provide the evidence. If you can't back it up with evidence, why are you making the point?

Debating also requires the other party to do their due research and not throw out erroneous 'facts'. I even tried to help you a bit. Now off you go and do a spot of homework would you? That is if you're interested in actually debating/discussing, as opposed to reinforcing your pathological hatred of scousers and the North.

Match wasn't shown in the parks

It was, this is from the UEFA website

Liverpool Fan Meeting Point

Liverpool supporters will be gathering at the Fan Meeting Point in Cours de Vincennes, right in the heart of Paris.

The celebrations will be in full swing on Saturday afternoon, with live entertainment, food and drink kiosks, and lots more. It’ll be the perfect spot to meet up with other Liverpool supporters and soak up the atmosphere ahead of the final.

The Fan Meeting Point will also be screening the match on the big screen for Liverpool supporters without match tickets.

The free-to-enter event will include music and entertainment from Jamie Webster, the Lightning Seeds, Cast frontman John Power plus BOSS regulars Kieo, Ben Burke & Timo Tierney and a guest feature from The Anfield Wrap.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/event-guide/fan-meeting-points/

They never seem to quite work that way.
For some matches I have been to, the fan parks were within spitting distance of the stadium.
The CL Final one was (in fairness) situated miles away in town, and you needed some fortitude to trek out to the Wanda ticketless from there in that heat. BTW the ticket checks at the Wanda started some distance outside. It was well organized before the game, albeit the public transport was brick. Afterwards? Clueless. No-one quite knowing which direction 'our' designated station was, walking for ages hoping to find a station and then having to work it out via small streets. Info from UEFA? Zero.

It was, this is from the UEFA website

Liverpool Fan Meeting Point

Liverpool supporters will be gathering at the Fan Meeting Point in Cours de Vincennes, right in the heart of Paris.

The celebrations will be in full swing on Saturday afternoon, with live entertainment, food and drink kiosks, and lots more. It’ll be the perfect spot to meet up with other Liverpool supporters and soak up the atmosphere ahead of the final.

The Fan Meeting Point will also be screening the match on the big screen for Liverpool supporters without match tickets.

The free-to-enter event will include music and entertainment from Jamie Webster, the Lightning Seeds, Cast frontman John Power plus BOSS regulars Kieo, Ben Burke & Timo Tierney and a guest feature from The Anfield Wrap.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/event-guide/fan-meeting-points/

Ahhh interestingly contradicts what was pushed out by the club

upload_2022-5-31_19-22-54.png

Back