• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Levy and Lewis will be chuffed they’ve maintained their business model of self-financing stability.

Look for another Baghdad Bob interview in the summer where Levy gurns about how very hard he works, while the interview chucks softball questions at him to avoid having to mention the bit about how neither he nor Lewis have spent a cent on Tottenham Hotspur Football Club in the 20 grinding years they've been here.

Thankfully, I think fewer and fewer people are buying it now. Conte walks, we finish 8th with Mason in charge, and let's see what ST renewals look like next year. Let's see if the media buys Dan's blagging anymore when the Levy out chants thunder around the ground - they already noticed at Nuno's last game. Let's see if *anyone* wants to come to Tottenham Hotspur next summer.

The one good thing that Poch may have done above all else is elevated our level to where this chancer and his tax exile boss are being shown up for the hapless, useless deadweights they are, imo.

And not a moment too soon.

As for Conte, it would be grimly amusing to hear 'Antonio, Antonio' mixed in with 'We Want Levy Out'. If that happens, it will be very clear indeed to Levy what a blunder he made hiring someone who won't hesitate to point out all the ways he's a mediocre deadweight.

Without having the time to read this interview in full, the general gist seems worrying and contradictory from conte.

One of two things must have happened.

1. that part takeover that fell through was the deal dragon1 was going on about, that was to provide the funds for the summer recruitment drive. If now there is no investment coming conte will 100% be gone, as we know lewis will not invest any of his gargantuan fortune on player recruitment despite him owning the club for over 20 years.

2. he is tinkled off beyond belief at the total clowns who threw our strong CL chances in the bin in the space of a few days, with individual errors the likes of which conte would have never seen before. He expects winners and in those games he got the opposite, total losers and utter clowns.

Can only hope its not number 1.

4 important players? Who is he kidding he only played them when no other options were available- i feared this was the type of carry on we'd get from him when first linked way back when - hopefully taken out of context but doesn't look good

Unhappy and frustrated Conte is... unhappy and frustrated? We've lost games, performed poorly, made errors.

Not sure there's much more to it than that.

That passion, that determination to always win, willingness to feel and show emotions. That also shines through when he's frustrated.

Look for another Baghdad Bob interview in the summer where Levy gurns about how very hard he works, while the interview chucks softball questions at him to avoid having to mention the bit about how neither he nor Lewis have spent a cent on Tottenham Hotspur Football Club in the 20 grinding years they've been here.

Thankfully, I think fewer and fewer people are buying it now. Conte walks, we finish 8th with Mason in charge, and let's see what ST renewals look like next year. Let's see if the media buys Dan's blagging anymore when the Levy out chants thunder around the ground - they already noticed at Nuno's last game. Let's see if *anyone* wants to come to Tottenham Hotspur next summer.

The one good thing that Poch may have done above all else is elevated our level to where this chancer and his tax exile boss are being shown up for the hapless, useless deadweights they are, imo.

And not a moment too soon.

As for Conte, it would be grimly amusing to hear 'Antonio, Antonio' mixed in with 'We Want Levy Out'. If that happens, it will be very clear indeed to Levy what a blunder he made hiring someone who won't hesitate to point out all the ways he's a mediocre deadweight.

So your take is that Conte will leave this season or come the summer?

I starting to feel like he hasn’t got the stomach for the job, and it’s more than likely we part ways at the end of the season.

we won’t be able to hire such a high calibre manager again that’s for sure, yet perhaps Conte and our owners just don’t fit.

I can’t see how the constant interviews or negativity around our squad, our position compared to others, helps our cause, I’d rather the noise was lesser and he just got on with the job.

To be honest, world class manager or not, if he is going to throw his toys out of the pram* after 4 months, a single transfer window where we moved out players he had assessed as not being wanted (albeit mainly loans), and managed to bring in 2 players he had been linked with whilst in Italy, then his presence is going to be as disruptive as anything else and he probably isn't the man for us. I would be hugely disappointed in him if that were the case. He is facing a battle outside of his comfort zone, sure - i.e. trying to get that 4th spot rather than challenging for the title, but he knew that when he joined so don't moan about it now. What happens in the summer is the time to judge, not now.

*However, I said in the ENIC thread, I don't believe that is what he is doing at all and Sky have packaged up one snippet (their words) of a larger interview as pre-publicity for the full airing. Some of the resultant headlines this morning are swinging between melodrama and hilarity - but job done, they've got the publicity.
Let's see/hear the full thing before jumping to too many conclusions.

I starting to feel like he hasn’t got the stomach for the job, and it’s more than likely we part ways at the end of the season.

we won’t be able to hire such a high calibre manager again that’s for sure, yet perhaps Conte and our owners just don’t fit.

I can’t see how the constant interviews or negativity around our squad, our position compared to others, helps our cause, I’d rather the noise was lesser and he just got on with the job.

I think Conte is the manager we've hired (in modern days at least) with the highest proven current calibre/profile. Mourinho was on the way down, Pochettino yet more unproven when we signed him.

Getting another manager at Conte's calibre would be difficult. But we would still be attracting managers at a very high level compared to what has been our standard for a very long time.

I get the point about negativity and I mostly agree, though I don't think it's constant. More often a fair assessment. Would be better without the frustration and negativity. This is Conte though imo. Like with any other manager positives and negatives, way more positives than negatives with Conte compared to just about anyone.

His frustration, him venting, that is part of what you get with Conte. My gut feeling is that this will blow over and that it isn't a sign of a deep fracture or him not having the stomach for the job.

But, for it to blow poverty results and performances have to improve. That's the only way we get happy (or more realistically content) Conte.

A lot easier to say in hindsight, but a poor run of form was probably always coming with this squad. Going from strength to strength was always a massive ask. And when those poor runs of form happen Conte gets frustrated and he's not going to start hiding that particular well all of a sudden.

Who cares about how high profile the manager is? It’s about being the right fit, historically an up and coming manager is a better fit for us. Not that Conte won’t be great for us if he’s given the tools.

As for the suggestion we are weaker because of 4 out and 2 in that is nonsense. Conte was the one who never wanted to play any of the players that left. I’d hazard a guess that Bentancur and Kulu have already racked up almost as many minutes as NDombele and Dele combined in the league already:D….

I'm not too bothered whether Conte is off or not. The important thing this summer is to get rid off as many useless clams as possible. A different type of manager might even be better suited for the rebuild that follows.

You should be worried as if he goes it means the outside investment is not happening.

That means paratici will join him out the door, we will likely have no europe, very limited funds to spend due to zero help from the owner, will be forced to appoint a steve cooper/eddie howe level manager, kane demands to leave, son demands to leave, fan mutiny on a scale never seen before, empty seats everywhere.

The club well and truly falls back into the pack of the clubs that finish between 14th and 8th.

I'm not too bothered whether Conte is off or not. The important thing this summer is to get rid off as many useless clams as possible. A different type of manager might even be better suited for the rebuild that follows.

For the "rebuild" to happen with results and performances coming quickly I can't think of anyone attainable that would be a better fit than Conte. Keeping him happy with our summer business is our best chance of success (however one defines that) next season.

For a longer term rebuild a different manager may be better suited.

Both paths are viable.

I really hope we keep Conte happy. With some ageing stars, Kane wanting out last summer, I think next season matters a lot. A somewhat slower rebuild can early turn into a longer term rebuild, would mean a much bigger change that may include replacing our current best players while not being at the highest level - that's a big ask.

4 important players? Who is he kidding he only played them when no other options were available- i feared this was the type of carry on we'd get from him when first linked way back when - hopefully taken out of context but doesn't look good

He uses the word “important” a lot. e.g. “there is an important gap between Tottenham and Chelsea”. I think he means “significant”. It’s a language thing. The 4 players were significant in the context of how much we paid for 3 of them and in Dele’s case the level of performance he used to achieve with us in better times. I don’t think he meant that those 4 players were an important part of his plans and that they were let go against his will.
I’m speculating but so is everyone else. As @braineclipse says, this is part of what you get with Conte. If he irritates some people then so what. I’d be more concerned with how he deals with the squad in private and of course with what happens on the pitch - which doesn’t look great admittedly but it’s early days.

Don't see that he has said anything untrue or even wrong.

Nothing is gonna change unless someone in a position of influence highlights it. Fans want to be challenging for top 4, manager is saying that to do that you need to buy top players who hit the ground running, what's the issue?

Before people were moaning about our lack of quality recruitment, manager is saying the same thing.

If Poch had come out and spoke clearly instead of his philosophical brick it would have been better. If we had let Jose say this we'd be 18 months further down the line. Instead we pretended he was the problem and then Nuno. They both had issues but when 3 of your back 4/5 were back up players 4 years ago and are now nailed on starters then something has gone very fudging wrong. We went from Walker to Trippier, Aurier and Walker-Peters and now to Doherty and Royale for example.

It's what top managers do, make demands to make the team win. That's why we will always hire a nice quiet man that will just stay his course of execution under Levy.

No top manager would put up with Levys strategy of funding if they have their own ambition of winning. We are a club under Enic that want to stay relevant enough to keep fans coming but not enough to invest to genuinely challenge for anything.

Back