• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I hear you but I doubt he's playing poorly on purpose, it's just the way it is. Even if he plays well he's not gonna get his move because he'll be one year older with one less year in his contact. The amount offered was always going to decrease.

Play at superstar level and Should will want 150m minimum. No one is willing to play that. Play at a lower level and no one will be interested and Spurs will still demand a high figure.

No wonder he feels depressed, he's stuck. [emoji28]
His own fault though his own choices

His legacy is now fudged at this club.

Not at all. Gerrard was in an almighty funk after Liverpool turned down Chelsea's bid for him - he was crap for the first few months of that season, iirc.

Eventually got on with it, remains a Liverpool legend to this day.

I think if the unlikely happens and Kane gets a mega new deal, you'll see the best of him come back. and he'll have his statue outside the ground at the end of the day. He's down right now because of what he perceives as broken promises by a declining club that has no intention of competing for trophies - anyone would be, in his position.

We hype up Modric for knuckling down and playing after we rejected Chelsea's bid in 2011, but the thing is, that's the exception - most players aren't that mentally resilient.

I think he'll kick into gear eventually, either to just get his move or keep his standing high for the sake of his England career. It just takes a while.

How does he do that? It's not as simple as saying just play well. We know form and confidence doesn't work like that.
He does it by working harder
It’s that simple
I’m any form of working life if you fudge uo you would get sacked normally…. We can’t do that
His only way of paying back the place that pays his massive wages is by playing better

Is it that surprising though? It often happens this way when a player wants a change of scenery, the same happened with Eriksen when he was on the verge of leaving. It's usually not done on purpose, it's just their state of mind means it's hard to get up to that top level. Of course not every player reacts that way but some certainly do.

Can agree to a point, but a big deal has been made of Kane being one of our own and coming through the ranks for us. Ericksen started elsewhere and it was not the same attachment for him. As i have said before i have no problem with Kane wanting to leave to win things ( and i said as much a couple of years back) but his actions since the summer and his performances on the pitch sours the " one of our own" crap for me.

Can agree to a point, but a big deal has been made of Kane being one of our own and coming through the ranks for us. Ericksen started elsewhere and it was not the same attachment for him. As i have said before i have no problem with Kane wanting to leave to win things ( and i said as much a couple of years back) but his actions since the summer and his performances on the pitch sours the " one of our own" crap for me.

I guess i've been cynical for such a long time that i've never overly bought into it. Campbell is probably the moment I knew there was no loyalty in football. I've celebrated the good moments with Kane and loved every moment of them, but I never ever forgot it is a career for the players and things might play out the way they do in football. So you make the best of the situation as you can. Thats why, I so wanted another striker option this summer when we knew about the Kane situation.

I guess i've been cynical for such a long time that i've never overly bought into it. Campbell is probably the moment I knew there was no loyalty in football. I've celebrated the good moments with Kane and loved every moment of them, but I never ever forgot it is a career for the players and things might play out the way they do in football. So you make the best of the situation as you can. Thats why, I so wanted another striker option this summer when we knew about the Kane situation.

Again i do not disagree with your opinion, football has changed in all sorts of ways since i started watching and supporting Spurs. As you say its just a job to the vast majority of players and they pay lip service to us fans a lot of the time. One of the reasons i posted a year or so back that i thought Kane would have to leave ( and would do so ) because he wants to win things and i do not blame him for doing/wanting to do so, what tinkles me off is the way he has gone about it. As for wanting another striker i agree but in all honesty we have had a lot of strikers over the years and they have hardly got a look in and most fans have slagged them off.

Tug boat Harry Kane. Deserves to be booed off the pitch.

He's stealing money these days, slowing down the attack when the ball comes his way, deliberately not moving into good positions.

OK, he didn't get a summer transfer. Not Spurs fault that Emirates Marketing Project were dikking us around with BS offers well below Kane's value. We - and he - won't be seeing more generous offers coming in from top clubs next summer. Not the way he's playing these days, be it for club or country.

He needs to be benched and let a faster, more fluid attacking group take charge. Get to work on his own personal level of fitness and return when he's ready to offer his best.

Given the choice, would you take 130m for Kane in January or 100m in the summer? Aside from the additional 30m we get rid of a player who is dragging us down with his lacklustre displays which undoubtedly unsettle the balance of the team. Of course if he gets his head out of this funk then his goals will be crucial to our chances of finishing in a European place in the league. Tough one for Patarici but I genuinely believe it is on this decision, which his tenure will be judged.

Given the choice, would you take 130m for Kane in January or 100m in the summer? Aside from the additional 30m we get rid of a player who is dragging us down with his lacklustre displays which undoubtedly unsettle the balance of the team. Of course if he gets his head out of this funk then his goals will be crucial to our chances of finishing in a European place in the league. Tough one for Patarici but I genuinely believe it is on this decision, which his tenure will be judged.
This was the dilemma that Levy faced and with Kane going public, probably forced Levy to dig his heels in.

Then the other perspective became true. If Kane were forced to stay, what would be needed to keep him firing whilst dragging out negotiations in hope of increasing his price.

Amidst the pandemic, sacking a high profile coach, getting a new DoF and failing to attract high calibre managers, it was probably a mess and Levy lost control of the situation.

Paratici must be feeling the heat now. He either makes Nuno the spacegoat or risks being Levy's spacegoat.

I expect the toxicity will continue for a while until the heart of the dressing room is fixed.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Fapatalk

You think a club will offer more for him going forward than was offered this summer?
You should really be talking about £75m and £50m to align to city’s offer and then it becomes a no brainier of not to sell

Yea Kane needed another club to be interested in him for the move to happen. Start a bidding war that got somewhere near a valuation worthy of the best striker in the Prem. Using 100m for Grealish as the mkt value, then City never got close in the summer, maybe if Utd had shown an interest something could have happened?

You think a club will offer more for him going forward than was offered this summer?
You should really be talking about £75m and £50m to align to city’s offer and then it becomes a no brainier of not to sell
But then do we just keep him until his contract expires and hope he gets out of the funk? A Kane who plays like this one isn't even worth a starting spot over the long term...it's a far from ideal situation but I would rather get something for him than nothing.

Last edited:
But then do we just keep him until his contract expires and hope he gets out of the funk? A Kane who plays like this one isn't even worth a starting spot over the long term...it's a far from ideal situation but I would rather get something for him than nothing.
He cost us nothing as a club so we lose nothing
He is a depreciating asset
The club should not sell him cheap because he is paying like a clam
That sets a much bigger precedent than keeping him here IMO

Back