• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

If the coaching is good on an attacking movement and creativity front, how long the manager has a contract for is irrelevant. Remember this team was top before the international break, the problem is the tactics have been worked out bit by bit every week and it seems the coach has no/little answer to counter it.

Tbf, the malaise goes beyond Nuno and right up to board level..
The tactics that had us top we’re despised by the fans

The tactics that had us top we’re despised by the fans

Yes, they were overall. It wasn't sustainable and so it has proved. My main point was that the players had got a good set of results so having a bad start (in terms of results) shouldn't have been one of our problems that's led to the current poor run

Yes, they were overall. It wasn't sustainable and so it has proved. My main point was that the players had got a good set of results so having a bad start (in terms of results) shouldn't have been one of our problems that's led to the current poor run
Maybe it was sustainable. We havent played it much since but it’s working for West Ham and worked against us again today
We gave up on it after the palace game which was a misleading game due it multiple circumstances.
I’ll add that I’m not a fan of that style

Maybe it was sustainable. We havent played it much since but it’s working for West Ham and worked against us again today
We gave up on it after the palace game which was a misleading game due it multiple circumstances.
I’ll add that I’m not a fan of that style

That low-block defensive style has a time and place (it certainly helped Ole today for example) but ultimately a club like ours (in the position in the PL pyramid we have) the onus will most games be on us to be brave and attack with a way that creates chances etc. There are times in a game to be solid but you need to also have times when you will attack and know how you want to. We looked clueless going forward to day and in a lot of our games it seems once we concede we really don't know what to do to get back into the game...

That low-block defensive style has a time and place (it certainly helped Ole today for example) but ultimately a club like ours (in the position in the PL pyramid we have) the onus will most games be on us to be brave and attack with a way that creates chances etc. There are times in a game to be solid but you need to also have times when you will attack and know how you want to. We looked clueless going forward to day and in a lot of our games it seems once we concede we really don't know what to do to get back into the game...
Been like that for about 3 seasons now
That started late December the year we got to the CL final
And we have changed a lot of players since then

Saudi Sportswashing Machine, for one, will pay him more than we do.

If goes to Saudi Sportswashing Machine then its not about trophies, its about money. Will he have the brass neck to do that?

In his interview with neville he claimed he thought he was as good as messi and Ronaldo.
Today was his chance to prove it, put himself in the window and get his move.
Egg, on, face.

Harry kane has lost all my respect for him. Poor ending, broke a few records, but never a legend, don't ask him back.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Fapatalk

To be fair, we also had Gareth Bale and one of the best managers in the world.

I know most didn't like Mourinho but he was a winner and we probably would have had a better chance of winning that crap trophy if we just had him one more game.

Losing Bale was massive. Gaining Nuno was awful.

To be fair, we also had Gareth Bale and one of the best managers in the world.

I know most didn't like Mourinho but he was a winner and we probably would have had a better chance of winning that crap trophy if we just had him one more game.

Losing Bale was massive. Gaining Nuno was awful.

To be pedantic, Bale had barely played a part in our ascent to the top of the table 12 months ago… really does feel a lot longer than that when Kane + Son were the most feared attack in the land and we were salivating at the prospect of Bale making our front line even more formidable!

Despite Mourinho being well past his prime as a manager he still seemed better able to get a tune out of our stars than his apprentice has shown this season.

99C24048-4EBC-4D0B-A71F-38C647635B9D.jpeg

To be pedantic, Bale had barely played a part in our ascent to the top of the table 12 months ago… really does feel a lot longer than that when Kane + Son were the most feared attack in the land and we were salivating at the prospect of Bale making our front line even more formidable!

Despite Mourinho being well past his prime as a manager he still seemed better able to get a tune out of our stars than his apprentice has shown this season.

View attachment 13013
I did think that but I'm sure he did play a part in the West Brom 1 nil win. We are going to miss his goals for sure, but you're right Son and Kane haven't clicked for some reason this season.

I did think that but I'm sure he did play a part in the West Brom 1 nil win. We are going to miss his goals for sure, but you're right Son and Kane haven't clicked for some reason this season.
One doesn’t wanna be here
And he is dragging the the team down to his lowest level in attack
We don’t play well of Kane does not play well

Emirates Marketing Project losing yesterday put them 5 points behind Chelsea.

Cant help but think (or maybe is it hope), that City will return for him in january to give them a boost in the title race.

Surely a compromise can be reached - even Levy must now realise that there is no point keeping him, when he clearly does not give a fudge.

I don't think Kane isn't trying per se.
In the first 20 minutes or so yesterday where we looked a bit lively (comparatively), he was running and he was hassling De Gea and he looked more engaged than he has done for a while. Team set-up, style of play etc. aren't helping him but ultimately, because this isn't where he wants to be, he no longer has that edge that would see him putting in the extra effort to pull us through on his own. He's still professional but his heart isn't in it.

In the first 20 minutes or so yesterday where we looked a bit lively (comparatively), he was running and he was hassling De Gea and he looked more engaged than he has done for a while. Team set-up, style of play etc. aren't helping him but ultimately, because this isn't where he wants to be, he no longer has that edge that would see him putting in the extra effort to pull us through on his own. He's still professional but his heart isn't in it.

There's a narrative around Harry at the moment that fits people's prejudices. He did try yesterday like you said above. There was also one moment when we were 2 or 3 down when he busted a nut to get back and recover the ball.

Something is missing though. Like all great players, Harry had a knack of rarely losing the ball even when it looked a certainty. He's now losing it regularly. He now rarely picks the ball up and looks to shoot like he did for 5-6 years. Let's not forget that last season he was the top scorer and creator in the league so this isn't just a decline. He's being stifled by our tactics, he's carrying the disappointment of the summer and not only do the crowd no longer love him but a lot have turned completely on him for his summer antics. It's all resulting in him looking every inch the one season wonder some people thought he was.

There's a narrative around Harry at the moment that fits people's prejudices. He did try yesterday like you said above. There was also one moment when we were 2 or 3 down when he busted a nut to get back and recover the ball.

Something is missing though. Like all great players, Harry had a knack of rarely losing the ball even when it looked a certainty. He's now losing it regularly. He now rarely picks the ball up and looks to shoot like he did for 5-6 years. Let's not forget that last season he was the top scorer and creator in the league so this isn't just a decline. He's being stifled by our tactics, he's carrying the disappointment of the summer and not only do the crowd no longer love him but a lot have turned completely on him for his summer antics. It's all resulting in him looking every inch the one season wonder some people thought he was.
His passing was woefully bad..hitting the first man
His first touches were really poor too
He is miles better than that and it’s really hurting the team

I noticed this too. It was similar to what Aubamayang has been doing for Arse the last 2 games. It really has the potential to get the game off on the right footing. Unfortunately Son missed his chance and Romero was offside from one of the several early corners we won from that early pressure.

The problem is, as soon as we concede we are done. That is down to attitude.

I’ve just seen Hojbjerg on MOTD. Very interesting comments. Maybe I’m reading into it too much but seemed like he was blaming the forwards (maybe Kane in particular) for not maintaining that early pressure and intensity high up.

Last edited:
Back