• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

RM in a 4-2-3-1. Poch never went 4-3-3 IIRC.

But the original point was Poch temporarily moved him from CM to AM, to both improve our CM transitioning and try and curb Dembele's slow release. It's an interesting/possibly hopeful precedence for doing the same with N'dombele now.
He was a forward when we signed him from fulham so it’s not a new role for him

it’s a BIG change for Tanguy IMO
But he is younger than Moussa was when he dropped into CM

He was a forward when we signed him from fulham so it’s not a new role for him

it’s a BIG change for Tanguy IMO
But he is younger than Moussa was when he dropped into CM
You're correct that he was a forward when signed but he had already been tried in midfield by Jol. I actually think he had been moved permanently but I didn't watch enough of them to confirm.

You're correct that he was a forward when signed but he had already been tried in midfield by Jol. I actually think he had been moved permanently but I didn't watch enough of them to confirm.

he did play CM for Jol and also that 10 role (not sure our formation was aligned to that)
He was an attacking player though rather than a defensive deep playmaker

Tanguy is all about what’s in front of him. Playing as a 10 it’s about the whole periphery which is where Eriksen excelled

So back to Royal.

Needs to be more decisive when he gets forward and his positioning is sometimes off when defending.

Doesn’t seem to have the ability or perhaps confidence to beat a player with pace or trickery at the moment. But seems relatively strong.

I am hoping that he is holding back. Which is entirely possible (probable) as he is new to the team, country, and way of playing.

So back to Royal.

Needs to be more decisive when he gets forward and his positioning is sometimes off when defending.

Doesn’t seem to have the ability or perhaps confidence to beat a player with pace or trickery at the moment. But seems relatively strong.

I am hoping that he is holding back. Which is entirely possible (probable) as he is new to the team, country, and way of playing.
I think his defensive positioning has been spot on
That block he made on Sunday for the chance they had from the ball going in was top drawer
He wins a lot of headers at the back post too
And to date he hasn’t had the brain fart

MOTD2 did an analysis is and Tanguy was guilty of playing it slow
Taking too many touches and killing the attack
The guy haw to play CM IMO
Play Lo Celso at 10
Drop PEH for skipp
Lo Celso is so one footed that half of the pitch is always closed off to him. He trundles around not really contributing much at either end. His performance last Thursday proved that he shouldn't be in the first team. If he does well tonight at Burnley or next Thursday in the Euro Minnows Bowl (assuming the manager risks playing the second string again) then he can perhaps come back into the first team for the big boy games. He cannot come back into the team on the back of such lacklustre performances though.

Lo Celso is so one footed that half of the pitch is always closed off to him. He trundles around not really contributing much at either end. His performance last Thursday proved that he shouldn't be in the first team. If he does well tonight at Burnley or next Thursday in the Euro Minnows Bowl (assuming the manager risks playing the second string again) then he can perhaps come back into the first team for the big boy games. He cannot come back into the team on the back of such lacklustre performances though.
But we kept Tanguy in after Villa when he was woeful, so go figure
And I agree Lo Celso is very one footed but he can play with that one foot as we have seen before here, for his previous clubs and Argentina

But we kept Tanguy in after Villa when he was woeful, so go figure
And I agree Lo Celso is very one footed but he can play with that one foot as we have seen before here, for his previous clubs and Argentina
I constantly see good passes open for Lo Celso to be played with his right foot.... but because he refuses to use it he instead does a 270 degree turn and then has to take a worse passing option with his left foot. He is fine in broken field because then he can open up his body to hit the pass either way with his left. The problem is that we get very little open field play (due to the way that we play). Perhaps he would work in a pressing team that creates a lot of turnovers and gets to play against unorganised defences? I don't really see him being an asset for the way that we play under this manager though unfortunately. I'd be tempted to sell him while there are a few Spanish clubs who still remember that he was a good player over in that league.

I constantly see good passes open for Lo Celso to be played with his right foot.... but because he refuses to use it he instead does a 270 degree turn and then has to take a worse passing option with his left foot. He is fine in broken field because then he can open up his body to hit the pass either way with his left. The problem is that we get very little open field play (due to the way that we play). Perhaps he would work in a pressing team that creates a lot of turnovers and gets to play against unorganised defences? I don't really see him being an asset for the way that we play under this manager though unfortunately. I'd be tempted to sell him while there are a few Spanish clubs who still remember that he was a good player over in that league.
Argentina okay against lacked defences and he is very very effective
The difference is he is used in the right place of the pitch
The issue we have is we keep on parking him on the right and he can only go one way
Same as when we play dele on the left
It’s daft
It literally means you get at best half a players capability

Argentina okay against lacked defences and he is very very effective
The difference is he is used in the right place of the pitch
The issue we have is we keep on parking him on the right and he can only go one way
Same as when we play dele on the left
It’s daft
It literally means you get at best half a players capability
I mostly ignore how players play for their international teams. The quality of the opposition is generally far lower than PL level. Sanchez looks a really good centre back for Columbia for example.

I mostly ignore how players play for their international teams. The quality of the opposition is generally far lower than PL level. Sanchez looks a really good centre back for Columbia for example.
I agree
But you can only beat the team on front of you
He literally hasn’t been given a chance to do that here under Nuno
And people have been crying out for that creativity which is what he has been doing when given games for his country, who actually have some great players who play his position too don’t forget… unlike us

It’s really odd bless of course he is doing something in training that not good enough which we wouldn’t know

And I don’t judge the team in conference games as we are chucking a team together for those games and the standard is much much lower than international level

I agree
But you can only beat the team on front of you
He literally hasn’t been given a chance to do that here under Nuno
And people have been crying out for that creativity which is what he has been doing when given games for his country, who actually have some great players who play his position too don’t forget… unlike us

It’s really odd bless of course he is doing something in training that not good enough which we wouldn’t know

And I don’t judge the team in conference games as we are chucking a team together for those games and the standard is much much lower than international level
He is out of the first team at the moment and hasn't shown anything in the games against the cannon fodder to show he should be in the first team (on Thursday he played as though he wasn't even really trying, I would never pick a player who looked like they weren't giving their all). Let's hope he smashes it against Burnley tonight and gives the manager a decision to make for the weekend.

He is out of the first team at the moment and hasn't shown anything in the games against the cannon fodder to show he should be in the first team (on Thursday he played as though he wasn't even really trying, I would never pick a player who looked like they weren't giving their all). Let's hope he smashes it against Burnley tonight and gives the manager a decision to make for the weekend.
Hey we pick Tanguy abs he regularly looks like he doesn’t give a damn… so maybe the looks are deceiving

Hey we pick Tanguy abs he regularly looks like he doesn’t give a damn… so maybe the looks are deceiving
There were times under Mourinho that I absolutely wouldn't have picked Ndombele.... It was abundantly clear that he wasn't trying. I haven't seen that this season at all under Nuno though, he is making sure he gets on the ball and doing his defensive work.

I know you want Lo Celso in the team mate as you think he plays well for Argentina, but as a second string player for us he has to show in the second string games that he is worthy of promotion to the first team and he simply isn't doing that at the moment. You can't put a guy in the team who played the way that he did last week against Vitesse.

There were times under Mourinho that I absolutely wouldn't have picked Ndombele.... It was abundantly clear that he wasn't trying. I haven't seen that this season at all under Nuno though, he is making sure he gets on the ball and doing his defensive work.

I know you want Lo Celso in the team mate as you think he plays well for Argentina, but as a second string player for us he has to show in the second string games that he is worthy of promotion to the first team and he simply isn't doing that at the moment. You can't put a guy in the team who played the way that he did last week against Vitesse.
I agree
But Tanguy should have bene dropped for Villa
And Lucas for West Ham
It won’t happen
Though
Nuno is alienating his squad too thsi way

I agree
But Tanguy should have bene dropped for Villa
And Lucas for West Ham
It won’t happen
Though
Nuno is alienating his squad too thsi way
Who were they getting dropped for? They guys in the second team are playing far worse than the guys in the first team. When you have a big squad of quality players you can drop players. When you have a second team giving performances of poor quality and even worse effort then you can't.

Let's chat again tomorrow after tonight's game against Burnley (assuming Lo Celso is picked).

Who were they getting dropped for? They guys in the second team are playing far worse than the guys in the first team. When you have a big squad of quality players you can drop players. When you have a second team giving performances of poor quality and even worse effort then you can't.

Let's chat again tomorrow after tonight's game against Burnley (assuming Lo Celso is picked).
Lo Celso should 100% have started over Tanguy vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine
I’d have even played Tanguy CM that game as there an awful team
Lo Celso played we’ll vs mura And doesn’t get a start next game…

Last edited:
Back