• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

He really reminds me of Corluka. Very good defensively and quality on the ball. Just lacks pace in his game really but that’s okay.

Up until tonight I didn't think he'd provide enough going forward but that may have been down to his instructions.
He showed tonight he can be good going forward and deliver a good cross. Hopefully he's allowed a more attacking
role going in future, especially if we stick with PEH and Skipp in CM.

He lacks initial pace but at full stride is fast enough IMO. Definitely faster than Corluka. It's the pace in his head that he needs to up.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Fapatalk

He really reminds me of Corluka. Very good defensively and quality on the ball. Just lacks pace in his game really but that’s okay.
Interesting take. I've not seen enough of him yet to work it out. While slow as brick, Corluka read the game well and had excellent link-up play with the likes of Kranjcar and whoever else played around him. His partnership with Lennon in particular was brilliant -- really got the best out of them both, with (IIRC) Lennon tailing off noticeably when Hutton and then Walker were playing behind him. Like Neville-Beckham (but not quite as good, obviously), it was a pair of players who complemented each other beautifully.

Of course, modern RBs don't usually have the luxury of a full-time winger in front of them so, if he is indeed the second coming of Corluka, Royal has his work cut out. I do think he's quicker, mind, which is a start, but I don't think we'll see the best of him until we have regular and solid players at RW/RM. Maybe he'll prove an ideal foil for Gil?

Interesting take. I've not seen enough of him yet to work it out. While slow as brick, Corluka read the game well and had excellent link-up play with the likes of Kranjcar and whoever else played around him. His partnership with Lennon in particular was brilliant -- really got the best out of them both, with (IIRC) Lennon tailing off noticeably when Hutton and then Walker were playing behind him. Like Neville-Beckham (but not quite as good, obviously), it was a pair of players who complemented each other beautifully.

Of course, modern RBs don't usually have the luxury of a full-time winger in front of them so, if he is indeed the second coming of Corluka, Royal has his work cut out. I do think he's quicker, mind, which is a start, but I don't think we'll see the best of him until we have regular and solid players at RW/RM. Maybe he'll prove an ideal foil for Gil?
But unlike Corluka he can turn and then move which is quite important

To be fair, Zoolander was world class at turning right.
Ah but he was one dimensional
And he did googooleyiggoley someone once
True story… I came out of a toilet in NY once and bumped into this relatively short fella so I said sorry… he wasn’t happy and this huge bloke came I’ve to check on him…. Yep it was zoolander himself. He was smaller than I imagined

Ah but he was one dimensional
And he did googooleyiggoley someone once
True story… I came out of a toilet in NY once and bumped into this relatively short fella so I said sorry… he wasn’t happy and this huge bloke came I’ve to check on him…. Yep it was zoolander himself. He was smaller than I imagined

I see that even tiny Tom Cruise towers over Ben Stiller!

upload_2021-10-29_3-26-31.jpeg

Not much credit going Nuno's way, but he could have rotated Royal midweek and played Tanganga. Would have been deserved for Tanganga. But credit to Nuno he played Royal who built form and confidence and is showing that he can be one of the RBs in the league at just 22.

Back