• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

He was a standout today, both at the back and going forward.
Loved his cross to the near pozt in the second half, not the cross per se, although it was good, but the frustrated lambasting he gave to our forwards who didn't make a run.
I missed that, we need a lot more of that!

Yea I’ve been surprised to see loads of people commenting that Royal will be a casualty under Conte. I’d have thought he’s perfect for a Conte side isnt he? Him and Reggie.

What if all this is true, Conte left it to Levy to show intent, including signing players identified by Conte, and Nuno was just a caretaker? Would tie up with appointing Conte/dismissing Nuno so quickly. Based on the money we now have, and the ambition of Levy, Nuno never really made sense other than this scenario.

I think we all knew nuno was more or less a caretaker for someone, i never thought it would be conte though.

If we could have that sort of thing back in our team on a regular basis, we will see some very entertaining games.

It's the best system I think with these two in the team. They do not look so comfortable playing in a back 4 and doesn't suit their skill set.

I love that it can easily turn from a defensive 5 at the back into a quick transition of 5 in the attack.

It's the best system I think with these two in the team. They do not look so comfortable playing in a back 4 and doesn't suit their skill set.

I love that it can easily turn from a defensive 5 at the back into a quick transition of 5 in the attack.

Agreed.
And if - as indicated by Conte's repeated shouting at Reggie last night - they are being instructed to firmly remain out wide at nearly all times, it really should allow for rapid switching from one side to the other rather than ponderous shuttling.

Royal is technically strong and a smart footballer. I think he can be good in the centre or on the wings. I think he's good enough as defensive mid too. He's the best defender we have now.

Royal is technically strong and a smart footballer. I think he can be good in the centre or on the wings. I think he's good enough as defensive mid too. He's the best defender we have now.
I definitely think he could play RCB in a 3
He doesnt look very elegant when he plays but he does the job really well

Back