• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Opinions on form are one thing. Spouting rubbish about him ‘not caring’ or ‘not trying’ is another. it is pretty obvious that he worked damn, damn hard this summer to try and reinvent himself, to try and find a new role in a 4-3-3. It has not worked. Sadly IMO. But again, knocking his effort? Please. It simply seems to be done, that’s the crux of it.

Opinions on form are one thing. Spouting rubbish about him ‘not caring’ or ‘not trying’ is another. it is pretty obvious that he worked damn, damn hard this summer to try and reinvent himself, to try and find a new role in a 4-3-3. It has not worked. Sadly IMO. But again, knocking his effort? Please. It simply seems to be done, that’s the crux of it.

Something has happened since then, There was little sign of that effort during the week.

Having spent the last 4-5 months attempting to get over my problems since my fall and breaking my femur.That was late May, I’m still not able to walk and the mental aspect is looming large. Dele imho still looks like he doesn’t look as physically fit and trusting his fitness, the mental strain will be huge and cannot be underestimated.

Having spent the last 4-5 months attempting to get over my problems since my fall and breaking my femur.That was late May, I’m still not able to walk and the mental aspect is looming large. Dele imho still looks like he doesn’t look as physically fit and trusting his fitness, the mental strain will be huge and cannot be underestimated.
Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you get on mend soon.

Players often say the hardest part being the mental aspect rather than the injury itself.

I don't think its his ability or fitness he's doubting, its thay he won't be given a proper chance.
From the defence forward that team looked totally uncoached, and nuno does not look like he has any interest in changing that.
Dele, winks and maybe even glc don't seem to have any place in nunos plans. If he has one.

I don't think its his ability or fitness he's doubting, its thay he won't be given a proper chance.
From the defence forward that team looked totally uncoached, and nuno does not look like he has any interest in changing that.
Dele, winks and maybe even glc don't seem to have any place in nunos plans. If he has one.
Nuno has left me wondering what he brings to Spurs! We start slowly and play passively for far too long in most of our game, vary hard to watch.

Why would he think he wouldn't be given a chance when he started all of the first 6 PL games? He was given the chance at the begining and kept his place until the inevitable happened.

Why would he think he wouldn't be given a chance when he started all of the first 6 PL games? He was given the chance at the begining and kept his place until the inevitable happened.
Is six games at the start of a new managers reign a proper chance?
Especially when played out of position and not in a full strength team?

Is six games at the start of a new managers reign a proper chance?
Especially when played out of position and not in a full strength team?
Yes it is a a proper chance. The season is only 38 games, he started a 6th from the very start. How is that anything but trust and being given a chance?!? It was on Dele to take that chance and make the position his own, he has failed to do that. How many games do you think he should be started in to say he's been given a chance, half of them? [emoji1787]

And sure Nuno is the new manager but Dele's lack of effectiveness is hardly new and Nuno undoubtedly was aware of the extended period of time he's been poor for. Why should he keep banging his head against the wall when it hasn't worked for the previous two managers either?

He's allowed a private life. Once he's putting in the work when he's supposed to and not doing anything that impacts his performance then it's nobody else's business who he sees or what he does. His form, ability etc is a different discussion

Not very private!!!

He should stop worrying about his image.

He should give the fancy Dan stuff a rest on & off the field.

Get a haircut and play simple football, but really well.

Time at the top is finite.

Yes it is a a proper chance. The season is only 38 games, he started a 6th from the very start. How is that anything but trust and being given a chance?!? It was on Dele to take that chance and make the position his own, he has failed to do that. How many games do you think he should be started in to say he's been given a chance, half of them? [emoji1787]

And sure Nuno is the new manager but Dele's lack of effectiveness is hardly new and Nuno undoubtedly was aware of the extended period of time he's been poor for. Why should he keep banging his head against the wall when it hasn't worked for the previous two managers either?

Was about to post something similar. First Jose wasn’t giving him a chance now Nuno isn’t? As you said, he’s been poor for many years under multiple managers. Yes he has been played in various positions. Yes the creative players like Eriksen are no longer here. But Alli hasn’t improved one aspect of his game so maybe it’s actually just a little bit on him as well? Doesn’t get anything close to a look in for England either so it’s not just big bad Jose bullying him.

Was about to post something similar. First Jose wasn’t giving him a chance now Nuno isn’t? As you said, he’s been poor for many years under multiple managers. Yes he has been played in various positions. Yes the creative players like Eriksen are no longer here. But Alli hasn’t improved one aspect of his game so maybe it’s actually just a little bit on him as well? Doesn’t get anything close to a look in for England either so it’s not just big bad Jose bullying him.

Even worse is the suggestion that he simply cannot lift his game without eriksen ...

He should stop worrying about his image.

He should give the fancy Dan stuff a rest on & off the field.

Get a haircut and play simple football, but really well.

Time at the top is finite.

When men were men eh...your post appears to have arrived from the '70s, converted from paper to digital format. I wish we had an eye-roll emoji on this forum, I'd be employing it heavily right now.

Back