• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

If we will sell Dele, WInks and Doherty in January who would be the whipping boy in February, I wonder?
I'm going in large on one of Ndombele or Lo Celso (depending on which mast your colours have been nailed to).

Otherwise there is the easy option of Sanchez or Dier.... With Harry Kane coming up on the rails. Bergwijn and Moura may also be late market movers in the betting.

Last edited:
I'm going in large on one of Ndombele or Lo Celso (depending on which mast your colours have been nailed to).

Otherwise there is the easy option of Sanchez or Dier.... With Harry Kane coming up on the rails. Bergwijn and Moura may also be late market movers in the betting.

Outside bet of hugo "can't kick" lloris is where i'd put my money.
He is past it after all.

He might make an interesting number 10 type option for us.

Yeah I really liked the look of him in the CL semi-final v Us. Seemed an intelligent player, a bit Eriksen-ish! Not sure what’s happened with him.. is it just Man U or is he playing regularly for Holland and if so how’s he looking?

Not selling him at his height also weakened us. Not receiving a fee we thought was acceptable meant we received a fee even far below that. Once we knew he wasn't going to stay he should have been sold immediately and the money reinvested. That is the way you come out of a situation not weaker but maybe even stronger. We may not have had 3 years of stodgy laborious football out of the CL. You have to strike while the iron is hot, I'm very hopeful the new DoF will work this way.
Poch didn't want to sell Eriksen. If Levy had've gone and sold him against Poch's wishes there would've been a huge backlash

I am amazed that there are still some fans saying Alli should be given even more chances to TRY and find his old form, it all honesty he has been poor ( at least) for the last couple of seasons and i find it hard to believe he will/can turn that round here. Best thing for him ( imo) is to move and try and start afresh elsewhere, we may even get a decent fee for him which will help us in going forward.

As someone who thinks we should sell, In Deles defence mopo absolutely flogged him to death and played him when he clearly wasn’t fit/carrying a knock, wouldn’t be shocked if that caused some lasting damage.

Why, have you finished whipping Nuno?

Depends. Yeah, it depends on whether we continue to play turgid pedestrian football coupled with sterile possession. You see I can tolerate us not making the CL, and as for trophies, well, I was at Wembley in 1991, 1999 and 2008, so 3 in just over 30 years, means like you all, I am not a glory hunter. CL football and trophies would be nice, no it would be bloody brilliant, but I do not expect them, it is just the hope that kills me.

What I really want is to just be entertained. Even if it is not Super Tottenham playing Sexy Football I just want to have fun. It has not been fun watching Spurs in a while. It was bad under Mourinho but it feels worse under Nuno. Yeah, I know people say he needs time, only 9 league games but the man has not even moved the needle. I honestly think he is a decent man but I simply do not rate him as a manager. I would be happy for him to prove me wrong and have people tell me "I told you so", because that would mean we would have gone on to have one hell of a season. So yeah, it depends

Last edited:
That Poch didn't want to sell Eriksen? He tried to get him to sign a new contract, it's well known.
But do we know that he wouldn't have sold once he refused to sign?

Also that's where the chairman has to overrule the decision as he has with incomings when it has made financial sense.

But do we know that he wouldn't have sold once he refused to sign?

Also that's where the chairman has to overrule the decision as he has with incomings when it has made financial sense.
There was plenty of attempts to get him to sign right up until he left, if Poch gave it the green light to sell I'm sure Levy would've tried to, just like with Walker.
Also, the clubs Eriksen wanted to join didn't seem interested in him.

If Levy did sell without Pochs agreement then he's accused of undermining the manager, selling our best players and is only interested in money.
It's easy to say now that he should've sold him when he was at peak value, just like Dele should've been sold 3 years ago. But I guarantee that
the majority of fans would've been up in arms if that had've happened.

There was plenty of attempts to get him to sign right up until he left, if Poch gave it the green light to sell I'm sure Levy would've tried to, just like with Walker.

If Levy did sell without Pochs agreement then he's accused of undermining the manager, selling our best players and is only interested in money.
It's easy to say now that he should've sold him when he was at peak value, just like Dele should've been sold 3 years ago. But I guarantee that
Of course there would be multiple attempts to get Eriksen to sign a new contract.... He was a brilliant player (probably our best player). That doesn't mean that the manager wouldn't have accepted selling him instead of seeing his contract out though, especially when Eriksen made it clear that he wanted to try something new. There were some stories that Levy had put a huge transfer valuation on him that scared most clubs off. I suspect none of us will ever know unless Eriksen writes a book in years to come or Poch comes out with another.

Of course there would be multiple attempts to get Eriksen to sign a new contract.... He was a brilliant player (probably our best player). That doesn't mean that the manager wouldn't have accepted selling him instead of seeing his contract out though, especially when Eriksen made it clear that he wanted to try something new. There were some stories that Levy had put a huge transfer valuation on him that scared most clubs off. I suspect none of us will ever know unless Eriksen writes a book in years to come or Poch comes out with another.

This is what I heard.
And this was also the summer when Poch spoke of the need for bravery. I always felt he meant in outgoings as well.

This is what I heard.
And this was also the summer when Poch spoke of the need for bravery. I always felt he meant in outgoings as well.
I know that Poch wanted Grealish to replace Eriksen.... I thought that was probably to understudy him for a year before taking over and selling Eriksen though.

I know that Poch wanted Grealish to replace Eriksen.... I thought that was probably to understudy him for a year before taking over and selling Eriksen though.

Indeed, we have discussed this and it was absolutely the case. I always felt that was the one which really broke Poch's spirit for a while. It was such a deal, such a bargain yet we could not just get on with it...we had to chip away for cheaper on already cheap!

No if we reinvested I'd understand. We sold Modric Bale and reinvested well and players wanted to come. Instead we went three windows with no transfers.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

No if we reinvested I'd understand. We sold Modric Bale and reinvested well and players wanted to come. Instead we went three windows with no transfers.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
Exactly this. I never complained when we sold Bale or Modric because like you say, we reinvested the money into the squad. No matter whether those players were successful or not. The intent was clear.

I do find it funny when the stock response is that the fans would be upset, as if Levy really is bothered by that. He's made plenty of decisions that have massively upset the fans but he's made them anyway because he has believed they were the correct course of action. So why now is this area where all of a sudden Levy can't possibly make a decision that might in the short term upset fans? It's a silly arguement, as soon as we were linked to a comparable player even if relatively unknown the fans would be happy enough. Look at how we reacted as a group to the interest in Ndombele, Lo Celso and Bruno. Players were relatively unknown to our fanbase. It's a nonsense argument that has no basis in reality. Sign good players and no one would worry about who left to facilitate them.

Last edited:
Back