• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Does he have any other clients? All I see is Harry on there. Obviously he's going to be the most high profile client but youd think he'd list someone else to give some credibility. Otherwise, his agent gig just looks like he's just latched onto his brother's coat tails and has no talent/skill/competence of his own. Perish the thought.

That's exactly how it looks! Stealing a living.

What I can't understand is how driven Harry seems professionally and he's letting sentiment get in the way by letting this joker represent him.

And I'm not just piling in on Charlie for the fun of it. Harry is the best striker in the league and arguably the world. He has a fella representing him with no track record and no other high profile clients.

He allowed Kane sign a 6 year deal with us for the best years of his career. He didn't put a break clause or release clause in when we were a club only on the cusp of the elite and there was always a chance it could go south. He has then made the most almighty balls up of this transfer and of trying to save his brothers reputation.

In the space of a week, Harry Kane has gone from being viewed as ultra professional, driven and loved by Spurs fans to being viewed by the public as a selfish, unprofessional taco. That's some achievement from Charlie. Especially given that most of us accepted he was probably right to move on as long as he did it the right way.

What I can't understand is how driven Harry seems professionally and he's letting sentiment get in the way by letting this joker represent him.

And I'm not just piling in on Charlie for the fun of it. Harry is the best striker in the league and arguably the world. He has a fella representing him with no track record and no other high profile clients.

He allowed Kane sign a 6 year deal with us for the best years of his career. He didn't put a break clause or release clause in when we were a club only on the cusp of the elite and there was always a chance it could go south. He has then made the most almighty balls up of this transfer and of trying to save his brothers reputation.

In the space of a week, Harry Kane has gone from being viewed as ultra professional, driven and loved by Spurs fans to being viewed by the public as a selfish, unprofessional taco. That's some achievement from Charlie. Especially given that most of us accepted he was probably right to move on as long as he did it the right way.
I agree with your sentiment regarding the standard of his representation but your last paragraph I think you’re letting Kane off the hook there putting it on Charlie.
Sure, footballers aren’t the brightest and his representation has given poor advice, but Kane knew exactly what he was doing, how much he is idolised at this club, and what the consequences would be of his actions. He could have easily said no I’m not doing it this way, this doesn’t sit right with me - this is still very much on Kane…..

I agree with your sentiment regarding the standard of his representation but your last paragraph I think you’re letting Kane off the hook there putting it on Charlie.
Sure, footballers aren’t the brightest and his representation has given poor advice, but Kane knew exactly what he was doing, how much he is idolised at this club, and what the consequences would be of his actions. He could have easily said no I’m not doing it this way, this doesn’t sit right with me - this is still very much on Kane…..

Could be argued most players would look similarly unprofessional if left to their own devices with trying to orchestrate a transfer like this tbf

Could be argued most players would look similarly unprofessional if left to their own devices with trying to orchestrate a transfer like this tbf
Not saying he shouldn’t have representation on this, but he’s a grown man and knows what right and wrong is. An agent advises you, they don’t hold a gun to your head and say you have to do whatever they say. Kane says I don’t want to try and get a move by being destructive like this, the agent then looks at alternative ways of going about a move. I’m sure players have gone against agents advice plenty of times….

What I don't understand is why this is held against Kane. Essentially you're saying Kane is loyal to his family, and has given Spurs amazing terms on his contracts. What a fuker.

I take your point and it’s a fair one which is why Harry has gone down in my estimation. But it’s the agents job to get the best spin on this for his client. If they felt Levy was acting the clam, he should have had a statement out on Monday either saying “I’m not due back till Saturday” or “I hate doing this, I love this club but the chairman is fudging me over. We had an agreement so I don’t believe I’ll be a Spurs player this season and it won’t benefit anyone by me being a cloud hanging over the new manager and squad. I’ll also be donating my wages to the NHS for the next 2 weeks”. Something people can relate to instead of going to ground and letting others drive the narrative. Yeah he would still have been hammered but he’d look like less of a clam. Being pictured on a private jet, heading off on unscheduled holidays just makes him look selfish and detached from reality.

By the way, I think Levy and the club have played a blinder here by saying nothing official. They know they’re 100% in the right, have clearly been briefing the media and let the Kanes hang themselves. We’ve looked dignified and professional.

On a separate note, if Kane ever does wear our shirt again on his way out, I’d be advocating a chorus of “he’s one of our own, he’s one of our own, Heung Min Son, he’s one of our own.” There’s a lad who genuinely seems to love the club.

Last edited:
We have benefitted from Kane’s naivety in letting his brother represent him, we’d have been in this situation a lot earlier if he was represented by someone else. It looks like it’s evolved from finding a way to give his brother a salary to his brother believing he really is a agent, but renegotiating contracts for one client who’s never made a transfer doesn’t really prepare him for the situation now. Maybe he thought he could be credited for the biggest British transfer of all time just for passing Harry the pen but it you’d suspect that he’s horrendously out of his depth.

That said even if Kane was represented by any of the real powerbroker parasites in the game, we’d still be disappointed by the way he has approached this. I still think (hope?) there could be more to it than has been widely assumed but the recent plays have all landed badly regardless of what the intention was.

What I don't understand is why this is held against Kane. Essentially you're saying Kane is loyal to his family, and has given Spurs amazing terms on his contracts. What a fuker.

I don’t hold it against him. I just question how someone who is so professional and driven can allow himself to be represented by someone who is clearly incompetent. Sport is littered with stars who have fudged off family members when it’s become clear they are out of their depth.

Tottenham are prepared to consider selling England striker Harry Kane, 28, if Emirates Marketing Project offer £120m plus another £20m in add-ons. (Star Sunday)

1/ Who says we are considering it?
2/ Jog On, it should be £150m no add-ons before any talks begin

I don’t hold it against him. I just question how someone who is so professional and driven can allow himself to be represented by someone who is clearly incompetent. Sport is littered with stars who have fudged off family members when it’s become clear they are out of their depth.

He is loyal to his family. That is more important to him. Kane has left his brother and Spurs in a strong position. It might have cost him personally, but he's looked after his own over being super professional.

Did I read that right yesterday? Kane won’t be involved next Sunday due to the late return?

Holding out for a transfer is one thing, but IF his actions mean he is now not available to play Sunday then that’s a different matter.

Maybe it’s linked to England going deep in the Euros, but then I expect all English players not to feature next weekend (Grealish has already squashed that theory hasn’t he?).

Apologies if this has already been covered - the thread is moving quick!

He is loyal to his family. That is more important to him. Kane has left his brother and Spurs in a strong position. It might have cost him personally, but he's looked after his own over being super professional.

And you may well be right. But it runs contradictory to the public image he’s portrayed and the reason he hasn’t turned up to work - that being successful in his career means everything to him. That’s my point.

Not saying he shouldn’t have representation on this, but he’s a grown man and knows what right and wrong is. An agent advises you, they don’t hold a gun to your head and say you have to do whatever they say. Kane says I don’t want to try and get a move by being destructive like this, the agent then looks at alternative ways of going about a move. I’m sure players have gone against agents advice plenty of times….

I'm saying he's not getting any professional advice on how to go about getting the move and his brother is obviously way out of his depth caught between Tottenham and Emirates Marketing Project. A proper agent would presumably be engaging the two clubs and giving Kane an idea of how likely a transfer is to happen - if there's no middle ground to be had he'd be letting Kane know it's a no-go for the time being and he'd have to suck it up, whereas i get the impression all that's happened atm is City have let Kane know they'd like to sign him and the ball is in Tottenhams court

I don't think that's what's being held against him is it?

What he's done recently and in the last months is so contrary to what he's done before. Perhaps it's being held against him as people "expected better", and perhaps it's unfair to hold him to a different standard? He set that standard for himself though and has now failed to live up to it.

It's not a single incident either. Last summer being reported. The Neville interview and leaks while the season was still going. Now not showing up for training, reportedly not giving the club any information about when to expect him back. Delaying his return to form and fitness if he does stick around.

Walker reportedly made it clear he wanted out before the end of the season, leaving Pochettino furious - as much about the timing and way of what happened as the desire itself. Kane has done that and significantly more.

That's being held against him, it would be held against anyone I think.

Agree. If anything this is more Kane than his brothers doing. If it was a super agent then I'd think they have more say in what the player does, but as you say not holding holding gun to their head. This appears to be very much Kane's doing and because of that I don't really want to see him in a Spurs shirt again now, but receiving a minimum of £150m and I'd be happy.

Did I read that right yesterday? Kane won’t be involved next Sunday due to the late return?

Holding out for a transfer is one thing, but IF his actions mean he is now not available to play Sunday then that’s a different matter.

Maybe it’s linked to England going deep in the Euros, but then I expect all English players not to feature next weekend (Grealish has already squashed that theory hasn’t he?).

Apologies if this has already been covered - the thread is moving quick!
I suppose Grealish didn’t play much but I’d be surprised if Kane or the club have suddenly decided that he needs to make sure he’s 100% fit for big matches, what with his historic approach and all.

We may see Sterling rested but any players who are actually needed by their clubs, who don’t have the
luxury of a financially doped squad and played every game for England I’m sure will start their clubs opening games.

He should be docked a weeks wages for not being ready/available to start v City next week for starters. Entirely his own doing as no way the club would have sanctioned the late return, after all his teammates are well into it.
He must have been 100 % sure he wont be here for the season start.
Im sure Harrys been told though, he can go but only for x amount, which would ave to be 160 mill considering what bricky paid for a slightly better than average midfielder.

I wrote something similar on Friday/Saturday. We all know how unscrupulous, self-serving, selfish and disloyal agents are but Kane is a fully grown man and like you said, he could have easily said I’m not going about it this way but he did. Not saying don’t blame Charlie as well, but Kane is hardly blameless here. It wasn’t Charlie who gave the interview with Gary Neville. Was the same when we sold Bale to Madrid. It was all Jonathan Barnett’s fault. I think some people convinced themselves that Bale didn’t really want to leave :D

I remember when Kane was praising some handegg player who stayed loyal to one club. Was there a later biography with an extra chapter where that chap gave his classless brother a cut of the profits (and associated tax benefits) and tried to engineer a move to another handegg club?

Back