• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Tough to transition from Brazil to England so he'd better have more up his sleeve than that
The new Shakhtar Donetsk?

The majority of transfers are on the never never there's nothing special about the Pepe deal, Arsenal are just spinning the story to make it see. Ore dramatic than it is.

Must be depressing when you are still paying for Lamela after Christ knows how long and how many holidays?

Some of his footwork today was sublime. He's got immense quality and love to see him play. Looked annoyed coming off though
Well he made it to the 78 minute mark, that’s progress. The on the ball quality is a given.
I don’t know why people keep commenting on when a player getting substituted looks annoyed - are they meant positively beaming or something? I don’t recall many players looking happy at being subbed and I’d be concerned if they were....

Some of his footwork today was sublime. He's got immense quality and love to see him play. Looked annoyed coming off though

Eh. 'Stroppy' seems like it's his default expression, much like 'labouring' seems like his default posture because it's partly just the steange way he runs that generates that impression. As you say, don't think it takes away from his increasingly excellent performances, and he led the press from the front today.

I'm more concerned that he went straight down the tunnel - I do hope he's not injured, since Dele's been frozen out and Lo Celso is a) injured, as usual, and b) probably rightfully in Mourinho's bricklist after his Christmas antics.

Jose gives players who come off the option of going to have a quick shower to warm up, nothing more to his going down the tunnel than that

I've always thought it was mental that they were expected to sit on the bench when subbed in this weather, get in the warm, get a recovery drink, get your warm down started and start on the prep for the next game, the job is done for the day.

Outrageous that no one has posted about Ndomb’s contribution against Brentford. Shame on you all! The man is a beast, and we have to admit, a Jose success story.

Outrageous that no one has posted about Ndomb’s contribution against Brentford. Shame on you all! The man is a hunk of burning love, and we have to admit, a Jose success story.
Thought he was good, the assist was very good and he popped up with some lovely moments as usual while definitely doing his job defensively.

Didn't think he was quite as exceptional as he can be on his best days, but still very good and a standout player.

For me him lasting 90 minutes, having played 78 minutes against Leeds, is a big positive sign. This game was perhaps not as exhausting as the toughest PL games, but it was a fairly high intensity game and he played all of it.

Very positive signs that his fitness is comin into place and I think his impact will increase going forward.

Last edited:
I thought he looked as covered a lot of ground and was definitely the standout player yesterday. He just walks like he is tired, there’s a 7 year old in my sons football team who has a similar gait!
Reminds a bit of Jim Brown (legendary American football running back). No matter how hard or soft he was hit, he would always get up and walk back to the huddle in a slow, deliberate way. Whether he was totally fine, or really hurt. His rationale was so that the opponents wouldn't know whether he was really struggling or absolutely fine. Not sure if Tanguy's reason is the same, but it doesn't hurt when the opposition sees you and thinks you're knackered, only for you to bamboozle them the next second.

Like everyone else i have no real idea, but the point still stands he has the gait of a guy who always looks knackered, and i do not think its because he is unfit.
Ah, here I go with my reminiscing again, but there was this Czech long distance runner, Emil Zatopek. When you saw him run you would think that he was on his last legs. He had such a contorted expression that you didn't expect him to last another 10 meters. He only won 3 gold medals in the 5000, 10000, and marathon at 1952 Olympics. So, yeah, the fact that Tanguy looks knackered has nothing to do with how knackered he really is.

To me, he really seems to be moving about the pitch A LOT better than last season. Looks so much fitter, which is reflected in the quality of his performances.

Not every line-breaking pass, shimmy, drop of the shoulder will come off, but he gives us a skill set that no one else in the whole division does and with it, the potential to pull off the unexpected.

Reminds a bit of Jim Brown (legendary American football running back). No matter how hard or soft he was hit, he would always get up and walk back to the huddle in a slow, deliberate way. Whether he was totally fine, or really hurt. His rationale was so that the opponents wouldn't know whether he was really struggling or absolutely fine. Not sure if Tanguy's reason is the same, but it doesn't hurt when the opposition sees you and thinks you're knackered, only for you to bamboozle them the next second.
Or James Brown and his cape routine! (Will try and find a short clip!)

I thought that was his best game for us so far, you can see he getting better and stronger. There were a few who played well enough but for me he was MOM last night.

Back