• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Sometimes I want him to get surrounded by 3 opposition players just to see what mesmerising convuluted method he comes up with to get away from all 3.
It's like a game within a game.
Totally this. I can't wait for a teammate to give him the ball in a difficult position just to see what he'll do or what thread-the-needle pass he'll come up with. I mean, I don't think there's a more exciting player in the PL at this moment.

The Poch quote was as much about the players age and coming from a different league. Ndombele only had a couple of seasons in the French league so still lots of room for development.

“Still for me, when you sign a player, despite the amount you pay, with the profile of Tanguy Ndombele or Giovani Lo Celso or Ryan Sessegnon you need minimum one year and a half, or two years.

Look at what happened with Son or Sissoko, they started to perform in year two, year three. That is why when you are so young, today the market is the market, you cannot judge the player because you paid some kind of amount.”

I had totally forgotten about Sessegon, hopefully he can come back from loan and perform for us. There's definitely space in the matchday squad for someone who can actually deliver something from one of the wide midfield positions.

He was largely on his own last night and thus was losing the ball unnecessarily.
Yeah he got caught a couple of times trying to beat 3 men, he did slip a few nicely weighted balls into Aurier which created a few opportunities and the through ball for Son. You can see the rest of the team want him on the ball and I’d like to think he wouldn’t take the same risks / be surrounded by as many players if he was operating a little deeper.
I love players like him, reminds me of a little more maverick Dembele or Modric with his awareness in protecting and moving with the ball.

Last edited:
He's got that 'something; special about him. I'd love it if we could somehow utilize him in a similar way to how Hoddle was used. i.e., give him the ball as much as possible. He will make things happen.

Not disagreeing with you at all, however if he turns out to be half as good as Glenn we will have a top player.

Not disagreeing with you at all, however if he turns out to be half as good as Glenn we will have a top player.
Even 1/4 as good as Glenn would be something special. I wasn’t trying to compare the players. I’d be curious to see how we’d shape up if Ndomb became ‘the main man’ for 65 minutes until he’s hooked off.

Back