• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

Weren't there some scurrilous rumours floating around that he'd been sold by Moyes because he shagged Moyes' daughter on the sly?

He seemed ineffective last week, got riled up a lot and didn't have much of an end product, but Palace fans seem dismayed by this news, so he must have *something* going for him. If his personal history is acceptable, perhaps him being a substitute for Leandra Damia.....I mean, Georges Kevin-N'Koudou wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. The PL premium will take his price north of 20 million, though, unless there's a clause we don't know about.

Chadli's much better. In fact they are polar opposites. Chadli isn't overly easy on the eye, but he's very effective. Whereas Zaha looks exciting but achieves nothing
The difference is how effective the respective two players are/would be in a Pochettino pressing team. I saw Zaha sprinting back to track Walkers surges forward every single time at the weekend.... whereas over the past should have years I have witnessed multiple occasions when the opposition's full back is up playing one-twos with their wide attacking midfielder while Chadli is standing on the half way line with his hands on his hips.

Chadli is effective when attacking because he does just about no defensive work at all, it means he is naturally in a great position if we should turnover the ball. I think quite a lot of wide midfield players in the PL would have a field day if shunning their responsibility to team in that same way.

Weren't there some scurrilous rumours floating around that he'd been sold by Moyes because he shagged Moyes' daughter on the sly?

He seemed ineffective last week, got riled up a lot and didn't have much of an end product, but Palace fans seem dismayed by this news, so he must have *something* going for him. If his personal history is acceptable, perhaps him being a substitute for Leandra Damia.....I mean, Georges Kevin-N'Koudou wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. The PL premium will take his price north of 20 million, though, unless there's a clause we don't know about.
Last weekend he was playing against the best right back in the PL. While he got nothing out of Walker when attacking (very few do) I thought that Zaha did successfully stop Walker being effective himself when pushing forward.

Negotiating a wage rise - little more than this IMHO
That doesn't make sense though. Palace will know that we have either bid for their player or we haven't. No doubt Zaha's agent will use the bid as collateral in wanting new terms for his client, but he can't just invent a bid from us.

A few in here saying he can play up front but when has he ever played there?
I saw him play up there for Palace (I think against Man Utd in a Carling Cup game) in Zaha's first stint up there. He absolutely scared the life out of Man Utd's defence. I think it was that performance that led to them pursuing him.

That doesn't make sense though. Palace will know that we have either bid for their player or we haven't. No doubt Zaha's agent will use the bid as collateral in wanting new terms for his client, but he can't just invent a bid from us.

Of course he can. Journalists write whatever they want.

It would not surprise me after seeing Poch's Southampton side play and his desire to turn us into that. Pace and stamina is more important then skill and talent and in his view gets you more points over a season so Poch probably thinks he would be effective.

Of course he can. Journalists write whatever they want.
Yes.... but my point is how on earth would inventing a bid from us help with negotiations over a contract with Palace? The agent will say to Palace "Spurs have bid £15 million for my client" and Palace will say "Errrrrr no they haven't, I think we would know if we had received a bid from them".

Yes.... but my point is how on earth would inventing a bid from us help with negotiations over a contract with Palace? The agent will say to Palace "Spurs have bid £15 million for my client" and Palace will say "Errrrrr no they haven't, I think we would know if we had received a bid from them".

I think we have bid, and I think it's as a favor to help him get a new contract, for whatever reason. We've bid 15....we don't actually want him. He's got 4 years left, he's English, he's a palace youth product in their first team, they aren't letting him go for that or anywhere near and we know that. At the end of the day this puts pressure on Palace (threat that the player could go, fan unrest) to make him a top earner and we probably get a favour down the line (or we've already have one)

I think we have bid, and I think it's as a favor to help him get a new contract, for whatever reason. We've bid 15....we don't actually want him. He's got 4 years left, he's English, he's a palace youth product in their first team, they aren't letting him go for that or anywhere near and we know that. At the end of the day this puts pressure on Palace (threat that the player could go, fan unrest) to make him a top earner and we probably get a favour down the line (or we've already have one)

i wonder whether clubs make such bids in order to curry favor with particular agent?

thank the lord they turned down our derisory offer

worrying thing the club actually made an offer in the first placeo_O

..then again, maybe Poch has previously looked at Zaha before saying "no thanks" and perhaps this is just a story to satisfy 3 parties at once: media (clickbait), Zaha's agent (better deal for client) and Spurs (pressure on Marseille to do the N'Koudou deal)?

Zaha has same agent as Wellbeck and Willian....
Neither of which are coming to us. There will never be a deal between us and Chelski as long as Levy and Abramovich are running their shops...
As for the Shagger, abundant talent and naturally more gifted but is a 'luxury' player (I know some don't like the phrase) but that's what he is.

So glad its been turned down, I dont even think we have bid I think this is all newspaper/internet rumours.

im sure last season around this time it went all over the Internet that we had bid 20m for Bolaise I think its the same again this time, agents trying to drum up some interest.

Personally I think Zaha is bang average, no end product I would say he's a slight upgrade on Njie but not by much. I know we now spend our money more wisely and with the new stadium we cant expect mega signings but we can do better then Zaha.

Back