• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Zaha

Zaha has no footballing intelligence. All he does is win freekicks, which we can then squander. He is actually a detriment to the team, like Townsend was... we will give him the ball and he will kill the move, give him the ball, kill the move, give him the ball, kill the move, give him the ball, kill the move, give him the ball, kill the move

I would rather play with 10 men than have this selfish idiot ruining our passing moves.
That all sounds great, but you're stating things as fact when its just your opinion. Please remind me of all the players we have bought in under Poch with no footballing intelligence and the ability to slow our play down....

Zara would do well to learn from Berahino. Seemingly we gave up on him partly because of the way he acted.

This is Berehino all over again.We simply don't pay the money to get pl players whose contracts aren't running out.it doesn't matter what he is really worth its what the market is doing now.Maybe some grandstanding from palace but if they want rid that will be the price.

This is Berehino all over again.We simply don't pay the money to get pl players whose contracts aren't running out.it doesn't matter what he is really worth its what the market is doing now.Maybe some grandstanding from palace but if they want rid that will be the price.

Or...

Berahino a smokescreen for Son

Zaha to put the final bit of pressure on Marsaille over Nkoudou

Or...

I believe Poch wants Zaha, but I'm also sure we have an alternative secretly lined up if as most of us hope Palace refuse to deal with us.

Nkoudou is separate altogether.

My tip is the secret target is at a German or Spainish club.

If Poch wants him, then he must know how and why he fits into our plans. He's quick, 5ft 11 (wiki) and another poster pointed out his willingness to work hard on the pitch, track back etc. Unlike when he went to Utd, he won't be moving away as such, he's a London boy.

Perhaps the main reason the transfer could happen is that Zaha might understand that he'd be signing as a squad option and is happy with that situation. I think he has potential to be a player who makes an impact from the bench and maybe earn a starting spot if he really excels. People point to Lennon and Townsend, but Lennon was sold because he didn't have the right attitude for Poch. Townsend was sold possibly in part to attitude (row with staff) but also because he wasn't happy at just being a squad option. It wasn't strictly footballing reasons Poch got rid, especially in the case of Lennon.

If Zaha signs and applies himself, I think he'd be a very useful player for us. We certainly need the option of pace in our attack and that'd help a lot with being able to play on the counter when we have a solid lead in a game, or where we are on the back-foot against a stronger side (Champions League, tough away Premier League games).

He the opposite of Edwards who id prefer to see given at least a sniff

Edward has shown that he has an end product where as Saha hasn't :0
Hmmmm 50odd mins of friendly first team action. He will take time to develop and needs to be rushed carefully. It looks like zaha won't happen but I am really seeing some bizzare alternatives based on nothing. Edwards is not ready to be a first team regular imo. Give him time.

Hmmmm 50odd mins of friendly first team action. He will take time to develop and needs to be rushed carefully. It looks like zaha won't happen but I am really seeing some bizzare alternatives based on nothing. Edwards is not ready to be a first team regular imo. Give him time.

Not saying he is but he doesn't look far off zaha IMO (I rate zaha so lowly)

If Poch wants him, then he must know how and why he fits into our plans. He's quick, 5ft 11 (wiki) and another poster pointed out his willingness to work hard on the pitch, track back etc. Unlike when he went to Utd, he won't be moving away as such, he's a London boy.

Perhaps the main reason the transfer could happen is that Zaha might understand that he'd be signing as a squad option and is happy with that situation. I think he has potential to be a player who makes an impact from the bench and maybe earn a starting spot if he really excels. People point to Lennon and Townsend, but Lennon was sold because he didn't have the right attitude for Poch. Townsend was sold possibly in part to attitude (row with staff) but also because he wasn't happy at just being a squad option. It wasn't strictly footballing reasons Poch got rid, especially in the case of Lennon.

If Zaha signs and applies himself, I think he'd be a very useful player for us. We certainly need the option of pace in our attack and that'd help a lot with being able to play on the counter when we have a solid lead in a game, or where we are on the back-foot against a stronger side (Champions League, tough away Premier League games).

Njie has pace and knows the club already

He also looked OK when he had his chances

I just don't get this one at all

Njie has pace and knows the club already

He also looked OK when he had his chances

I just don't get this one at all

I can only assume Poch doesn't like the look of Njie, and sees something in Zaha. Maybe NJie isn't entirely happy with us, we can't know for sure. Poch knows though.

Last edited:
Im really surprised that theres so much negativity on Zaha. The one type of wing forward we haven't got is someone who has the skills to beat a player from a stand still position which is crucial when teams defend deep. He offers that something different and if Poch thinks he can coach him up a level to become more productive Im definitely all for it....

This is 100% true. More broadly, we don't have players versed in both quick movement and (crucially) close control in extremely tight spaces. We have a lot of one, and a lot of the other - we've only got an approximation of a mix of both (mainly in Lamela and Dembele).

However, I think there are far better players than Zaha that we could target if we had a mite of ambition. Actually, given that Zaha might cost 15m + Chadli (a dismaying thought, given how important Nacer's been at times over the last few seasons), there are probably better/ more high-potential players we could target for the same price range, like Boufal from Lille (who is the subject of a 20-odd million bid from Saints) or Pulisic from Dortmund (whom Liverpool are bidding for, iirc).

Or...

What kind of f*cking Manhattan Projects do we need to institute next to sign a peripheral player for peanuts in a market where clubs are splashing 90 million pounds per player without a care in the world?

This sort of strategizing is just...downright ludicrous, if true. Or, alternately, it's a damning indictment of our ability to turn simple, cheap transfers into morbidly long sagas without end. Thankfully, I think (and I hope) that it isn't true, and that we're pursuing a tricky player in the AM band independent of N'Koudou (whenever the lad actually arrives).

I can only assume Poch doesn't like the look of Njie, and sees something in Zaha. Maybe NJie isn't entirely happy with us, we can't know for sure. Poch knows though.
It is entirely possible N'Jie just may not be good enough as you say, but whatever he sees in Zaha is not obvious to most. I do see traits in Zaha that could be nurtured into something good with the judicious use of cattle prods and nipple electrodes, but is that where we are now or should we be aiming a tad higher?
I love Poch, my favourite manager since the last one, but he is not infallible in the transfer market and neither is the dark cube. And you don't have to look further than my first sentence for an example. Transfers are hit and miss, and yes we've had some recent notable successes but not all are. Zaha is not better than any player in the 1st eleven and that is what I think we should be looking for now.

Is our supposed interest in Zaha a cunning plan to get Chelski to storm in and sign him?

Only possible reason I can think of.

Back