• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1) we’re getting good numbers back and it looks like they’ll only score through Neto / maybe a low cross to the far post
2) Royal does well, other players are taking up good positions and you’d fancy Neto has the quality to find the far corner, so will shoot
3) Royal doesn’t let him do that, and for some reason Sarr and VDV both rush to a situation which Royal has under control, leaving a gaping hole in the middle of the box, and free shot on goal if Neto has the quality to find a Wolves player coming in

Bissouma should have read it better, but VDV and Sarr too. Kulusevski did very well to cut out the far post option.

Last edited:
View attachment 16803

View attachment 16801

View attachment 16802

1) we’re getting good numbers back and it looks like they’ll only score through Neto / maybe a low cross to the far post
2) Royal does well, other players are taking up good positions and you’d fancy Neto has the quality to find the far corner, so will shoot
3) Royal doesn’t let him do that, and for some reason Sarr and VDV both rush to a situation which Royal has under control, leaving a gap in hole in the middle of the box, and free shot on goal if Neto has the quality to find a Wolves player coming in

Bissouma should have read it better, but VDV and Sarr too. Kulusevski did very well to cut out the far post option.
Our players are always doing that, Romero done the same aswell in this game, they all run to the ball like under 9’s and we bunch a hell of a lot aswell. It really does look like Child’s football at points.

Our players are always doing that, Romero done the same aswell in this game, they all run to the ball like under 9’s and we bunch a hell of a lot aswell. It really does look like Child’s football at points.
It’s natural
It’s reactionary defending

View attachment 16803

View attachment 16801

View attachment 16802

3) Royal doesn’t let him do that, and for some reason Sarr and VDV both rush to a situation which Royal has under control, leaving a gaping hole in the middle of the box, and free shot on goal if Neto has the quality to find a Wolves player coming in

1. In this situation VDV and Sarr CAN help Royal as we are 5 v 3. And at least 1 should as Neto is the best player on the pitch and rarely under control.
We outnumber them so any gaping holes or free men (ie the only entity that can stick the ball in the net) can be dealt with if switched on.

2. I don't think Royal does do well.
This is the moment after he has just checked he has teammates coming back to help in the centre.

Screenshot_2024-02-17-19-08-11-91_d29973efd0ded056752aedcf6cbf62ac.jpg
The first point he 'contacts' Neto is just as they are entering the penalty are (a smidgen before your second photo)
He runs for too long towards his own goal letting Neto angle in. He should have angled more to keep Neto wider (he has a head start to do this) with the option to foul if necessary, as will be outside the box. All safe in the knowledge we have the middle covered and cheatcode on his way back to help him if needed.
Yes, he holds him up and Biss fails to use his eyes beyond looking at the ball BUT I believe he should have nullified Neto in a less critical area.

1. In this situation VDV and Sarr CAN help Royal as we are 5 v 3. And at least 1 should as Neto is the best player on the pitch and rarely under control.
We outnumber them so any gaping holes or free men (ie the only entity that can stick the ball in the net) can be dealt with if switched on.

This is the moment after he has just checked he has teammates coming back to help in the centre.

View attachment 16805
The first point he 'contacts' Neto is just as they are entering the penalty are (a smidgen before your second photo)
He runs for too long towards his own goal letting Neto angle in. He should have angled more to keep Neto wider (he has a head start to do this) with the option to foul if necessary, as will be outside the box. All safe in the knowledge we have the middle covered and cheatcode on his way back to help him if needed.
Yes, he holds him up and Biss fails to use his eyes beyond looking at the ball BUT I believe he should have nullified Neto in a less critical area.
Players don’t defend anymore by going to the man. I don’t get why but it’s bloody effective to do so IMO
I think the coaching now is much more around space defending and in theory royal is defending the space
The whole method relies on your team mates all doing their job 100%

Players don’t defend anymore by going to the man. I don’t get why but it’s bloody effective to do so IMO
I think the coaching now is much more around space defending and in theory royal is defending the space
The whole method relies on your team mates all doing their job 100%
I agree. I think Romero did something similar in a recent game.

In this case, with clear back up covering the centre area (that Royal has identified himself)...the percentage play is to get across to Neto asap. Take a yellow if necessary. One it eliminates Neto scoring himself. If he beats you, the other help (you've seen is coming) will then engage him.

I completely understand hedging your bets if outnumbered.

Space defending is a weird concept. Only humans will score a goal.

View attachment 16805
Sure, Royal could push him wider but it doesn’t really change much — Neto would still be looking for a cross/cut back. Even if he does need some help, he certainly doesn’t need both Sarr and VDV coming and and completely failing to check for runners.

I agree. I think Romero did something similar in a recent game.

In this case, with clear back up covering the centre area (that Royal has identified himself)...the percentage play is to get across to Neto asap. Take a yellow if necessary. One it eliminates Neto scoring himself. If he beats you, the other help (you've seen is coming) will then engage him.

I completely understand hedging your bets if outnumbered.

Space defending is a weird concept. Only humans will score a goal.
If Royal dives and and gets beaten, Neto is through on goal and only VDV has a chance of catching up, and that would be a long shot.

Sure, Royal could push him wider but it doesn’t really change much — Neto would still be looking for a cross/cut back. Even if he does need some help, he certainly doesn’t need both Sarr and VDV coming and and completely failing to check for runners.
It changes loads.

The ability to safely foul.
Having a player wider, lessens the likelihood that player themselves will score.

Neto didn't have many options. The far post option that Deki (?) was covering.

Gomes way way behind the play, and way behind Sarrs and VDV charge back and way behind Biss.
The only time it matters that 3 have ganged up on Neto is if Biss doesn't exist. This goal, from giving it away to being dozy of his surroundings, is mainly on Biss.

I just think Royal should have done better with his in game intelligence.

VDV getting back 'a long shot' ...have you not been watching :)

Last edited:
If Royal dives and and gets beaten, Neto is through on goal and only VDV has a chance of catching up, and that would be a long shot.
So he's ok to chase him into the box alone (as you questioned why Sarr and VDV were helping him) but not to keep him wider on his own because it's carries risk?

So he's ok to chase him into the box alone (as you questioned why Sarr and VDV were helping him) but not to keep him wider on his own because it's carries risk?
What? He prevented Neto getting a shot. Honestly…I’m not saying Royal was perfect but I really cannot see what you see here.

What? He prevented Neto getting a shot. Honestly…I’m not saying Royal was perfect but I really cannot see what you see here.
My point is you're arguing that the alternative is risky when it carried exactly the same risk as what actually happened.

Knowing the outcome of what actually happened, helps your argument that Royal did ok but we don't live life in reverse.

My point is you're arguing that the alternative is risky when it carried exactly the same risk as what actually happened.

Knowing the outcome of what actually happened, helps your argument that Royal did ok but we don't live life in reverse.

I’m saying Royal did what he should, show the defender wide (could have been wider, sure) and prevent the shot. Let the other defenders worry about runners and defending the middle of the box.

I’m saying Royal did what he should, show the defender wide (could have been wider, sure) and prevent the shot. Let the other defenders worry about runners and defending the middle of the box.
That all I'm saying really...looking at the screen shot I posted I think he could have forced him wider in the begining...he had a 10 yard? head start on him. And imo that c.ould have made a big difference. Opened up options for him and limited Netos options.

Anyway let's leave it there. It's making it feel Biss isn't to blame...and this is his thread!

That all I'm saying really...looking at the screen shot I posted I think he could have forced him wider in the begining...he had a 10 yard? head start on him. And imo that c.ould have made a big difference. Opened up options for him and limited Netos options.

Anyway let's leave it there. It's making it feel Biss isn't to blame...and this is his thread!

Were we agreeing all along? 😅 I shouldn’t come on here on Sundays because I end up posting mostly nonsense (more than normal) after being up til 4am watching Spurs.

Were we agreeing all along? 😅 I shouldn’t come on here on Sundays because I end up posting mostly nonsense (more than normal) after being up til 4am watching Spurs.
Which is actually agreeing with someone too… so your right

There are so many variables when defending and attacking in these games

View attachment 16805

In generally agree BUT the only mitigator is that if he engages too soon trying to force him wide and gets done by Neto going inside - which let's face it, would've been very likely given Neto is in charge (no pun) and Royal is playing catch up - then you could pretty much bank on a goal. It is a situation where several are culpable, and I suppose everyone will choose their own 'most to blame'...Biss is still mine :-(

Back