• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Yves Bissouma

Bissouma is always unaware of players around him, did the same v Emirates Marketing Project in the 3-3 when he gave up and watched Grealish score. Neto was covered and he ball watched as Gomes ran past him to score. Have seen him ball watch loads of times, some led to goals some didn't. Very good player when he's in the mood as he was at the start of the season, hasn't been since being sent off v Luton.

Bissouma is always unaware of players around him, did the same v Emirates Marketing Project in the 3-3 when he gave up and watched Grealish score. Neto was covered and he ball watched as Gomes ran past him to score. Have seen him ball watch loads of times, some led to goals some didn't. Very good player when he's in the mood as he was at the start of the season, hasn't been since being sent off v Luton.
Agree that his awareness can sometimes let him down.

Difficult to say what the reason is, but he's definitely been on the inconsistent side. Mood, form, injuries/illness? Who knows. If he can't find consistency I think that will become a problem for him here. Oh how I miss the player he was at the start of the season.

Agree that his awareness can sometimes let him down.

Difficult to say what the reason is, but he's definitely been on the inconsistent side. Mood, form, injuries/illness? Who knows. If he can't find consistency I think that will become a problem for him here. Oh how I miss the player he was at the start of the season.

He is what i call a hot and cold type of player ( ie you are never sure if he will be on it or off it), i thought the same whenever i saw him play for Brighton, some games he really stood but in others he was dissapointing (imo) and when i heard we were in to sign him i was unsure if it was a good move for us.

That is not to say i do not rate him at his best but he still has to prove it constantly for me. At the moment i would a pick a M/F three of Maddison, Bentacur and Sarr ahead of him. I hope he goes on to prove me wrong but he is not a kid (28) so its needs to happen soon. imo.

He is what i call a hot and cold type of player ( ie you are never sure if he will be on it or off it), i thought the same whenever i saw him play for Brighton, some games he really stood but in others he was dissapointing (imo) and when i heard we were in to sign him i was unsure if it was a good move for us.

That is not to say i do not rate him at his best but he still has to prove it constantly for me. At the moment i would a pick a M/F three of Maddison, Bentacur and Sarr ahead of him. I hope he goes on to prove me wrong but he is not a kid (28) so its needs to happen soon. imo.

Yeah, he needs a kick up the arse, he’s got a lot of talent, needs to use it consistently.

I think we need to upgrade him and/or commit to Bentancur as a 6. I'd rather keep Bentancur as an 8/6, sell Bissouma, and spend big on the position personally. I think he's a really good player but those lapses in concentration/awareness have been fairly regular and I think 6 is too important a position for us. FWIW I am not sure the lapses in focus/concentration can be changed, I think they might just be him?

I think we need to upgrade him and/or commit to Bentancur as a 6. I'd rather keep Bentancur as an 8/6, sell Bissouma, and spend big on the position personally. I think he's a really good player but those lapses in concentration/awareness have been fairly regular and I think 6 is too important a position for us. FWIW I am not sure the lapses in focus/concentration can be changed, I think they might just be him?

Depends quite a bit on how Bentancur does over some time as a 6 in this system. If he's good enough we'll never find a better backup/rotation option than Bissouma for that role. He can also play the 8 role if needed I think to a decent level. Could also be a useful "see the game out" player instead of PEH.

I'm doubtful that issues with awareness and concentration can be fixed at this point. Though us playing better as a team and having other options when he's not on it would go some way towards mitigating that.

I agree that it's a very important role. But all roles are very important. If we're going big on one player for one role this summer it would be a top class wide attacker for me.

That's a good description.

Some of what makes him stand out are those dribbles. Often in situations where losing the ball would be rather bad. Often in tight areas.

Perhaps he just needs that confidence/form/flow to try those. But since his passing is always fairly limited when he doesn't try those he becomes quite predictable and way less influential. To Steff's point, that role is not suitable for a player to be predictable and not very influential.

I get the impression that he's "cold" in other areas too when not on form. Less dominant as a ball winner for example, but that may just be my impression.

Really could do with him or Bentancur stepping up sooner rather than later.

Depends quite a bit on how Bentancur does over some time as a 6 in this system. If he's good enough we'll never find a better backup/rotation option than Bissouma for that role. He can also play the 8 role if needed I think to a decent level. Could also be a useful "see the game out" player instead of PEH.

I'm doubtful that issues with awareness and concentration can be fixed at this point. Though us playing better as a team and having other options when he's not on it would go some way towards mitigating that.

I agree that it's a very important role. But all roles are very important. If we're going big on one player for one role this summer it would be a top class wide attacker for me.

You and Milo ;-)...I would prioritize the 6 personally. But it is a great debate to have IMO...and I suspect we'll be having it until the summer :)

I love this response even though I am too dim to get it!

Leopard's paw aubergine???
They are mushrooms that improve your concentration.
Lion's mane functional mushroom is widely regarded as a nootropic (cognitive enhancer) and is an excellent choice of food or food supplement for optimal brain health. It contains compounds called hericenones (in the fruiting body) and erinacines (in the mycelium), which are believed to stimulate the synthesis of NGF (Nerve Growth Factor), and subsequently, the growth of nerve cells and new neural pathways in the brain. This can help to improve cognitive function, including memory, focus, creativity, productivity, mental clarity and concentration – in other words, it’s the archetypal brain food!

They are mushrooms that improve your concentration.

Thanks. Had no idea. Other mushrooms, etc, on my radar (and in my system vewry occasionally) but never knew of this. Looks like a health shop tincture? Genuinely interested if you've tried it/would vouch for it. I got into probiotics a long while back, and can vouch for their assitance in overall health (along with obviously trying to live properly!!!)...I have dragged us far from home here, so any further knowledge you care to impart, please PM me, cheers...

You and Milo ;-)...I would prioritize the 6 personally. But it is a great debate to have IMO...and I suspect we'll be having it until the summer :)
Yeah we probably will. Difficult to know for sure and difficult to compare across different roles.

For me even though inconsistent Bissouma is a very good fit for the role when on form and a decent fit even when off form. Bentancur also at least could be a very good fit.

For the dribbly/1 v 1 winger type we have... Solomon? And that's about it imo. Others can do some of that, a bit like others (than Biss and Bentancur) can do some 6 stuff.

6 would be good to upgrade if we can if Bissouma or Bentancur don't step up. Dribbly winger is just not there at all unless Solomon gets himself fit and starts firing. Even if he does that leaves us one player fitting that profile.

Thanks. Had no idea. Other mushrooms, etc, on my radar (and in my system vewry occasionally) but never knew of this. Looks like a health shop tincture? Genuinely interested if you've tried it/would vouch for it. I got into probiotics a long while back, and can vouch for their assitance in overall health (along with obviously trying to live properly!!!)...I have dragged us far from home here, so any further knowledge you care to impart, please PM me, cheers...
Got a mate who swears by the concentration levels it gave him, and said he also really noticed the difference when he came off it. No personal experience.

If you can get them fresh they are fcking delicious too.

I was listening to a pod earlier and they made a good point about how out of form he is.
He just hasn't really got motoring since the first 10 games when everyone was purring.

Bissouma hadn't started a game since last year, due to illness and ACN.
His next red card would be a 5 game ban.
His cute dribble and spin turn against City* to beat 2 players turned him straight into another player who took the ball and they scored
His sending off at Luton
His dive which got him booked
He's a good player, but is just having a bad moment. Both he and Bentancur are top quality players, we just have to wait for them to be back at their best.

I was listening to a pod earlier and they made a good point about how out of form he is.
He just hasn't really got motoring since the first 10 games when everyone was purring.

His cute dribble and spin turn against City* to beat 2 players turned him straight into another player who took the ball and they scored
His sending off at Luton
He's a good player, but is just having a bad moment. Both he and Bentancur are top quality players, we just have to wait for them to be back at their best.

It is the risk v reward portion of Angeball. For me, it is a position which requires world class levels (i.e. an occasional slip at most). The unknown is Bentancur as a 6 of course, a different type of 6 but for me he'd be excellent IF it works.

His sending off at Luton
This is true. The conversation up to the Luton game would be 'at last, Biss has been released from the mind fudge of Conte, and what a player he is, everything you want in a no.6'.

Yet here we are. It's quite bizarre how he's lost form and the flaws in his game that have been revealed. My feeling is much of it has been self-inflicted and that points to his mental strength to me. Self doubt, poor resilience, getting down when things go wrong.

I think the awareness thing can be coached as it's still a reactive quality (action) you are teaching. Unlike reading the game' which is much more a proactive skill...and a player tends to have that natural ability or not.

It is the risk v reward portion of Angeball. For me, it is a position which requires world class levels (i.e. an occasional slip at most). The unknown is Bentancur as a 6 of course, a different type of 6 but for me he'd be excellent IF it works.

Ange of course wants to move away from talk of 6's and 8's

Ange of course wants to move away from talk of 6's and 8's

I haven't seen his comments on this, do you have quotes / a link to what he said?

They're not new terms but do seem to be more in vogue than ever, I wonder if they can be a bit of an oversimplification of roles / responsibilities when in reality the system is a bit more fluid than "6"s or "8"s would suggest.

Back