• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Work for your dole money...

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Ive said this should happen for years now, seems the govt have finally seen the light...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...to-do-unpaid-work-in-return-for-benefits.html

THOUSANDS of jobless layabouts risk having benefits stopped in a crackdown on the workshy.

Ministers now want to make ALL able-bodied claimants do unpaid community tasks in return for their dole.

The move follows the success of a tough new regime aimed at pushing the long-term unemployed into work.

Job centre staff have power to send suspected shirkers to join supervised gangs painting schools or trimming hedgerows.

Those who refuse to put in 30 hours a week have their ?ú67.50-a-week unemployment benefit stopped. Next month the government will DOUBLE the number on the programme.

Employment Minister Chris Grayling, who set up the scheme last year, wants to extend it to capture thousands more he believes play the system.

And he has launched a secret trial in one area to see if tough sanctions can be imposed on EVERY claimant. An insider said: ÔÇ£He wants this scheme to be the norm, rather than an optional extra.

ÔÇ£They are planning to extend it rapidly from next month and have already found funding for thousands more places.

More than 18,000 jobless have already joined community projects or had their handouts docked.

But a study shows half of claimants would rather lose their cash than do unpaid work

Good idea.

Though I think we have to make sure that it is targetting those who truly are unemployed out of laziness, and who have been unemployed for a long time.

The danger would be making it more difficult for people who are genuinely looking for work to be able to find it (due to having 30 hours less time to search, apply, go to interviews etc), therefore reducing the chance for them to get off the state payroll.

Yeah great idea, lets try to drive wages down to dole levels, because that is what will happen. Also it will reduce the pool of work to do for genuine paid labour. If there is all this valid work to do, then why can't people be paid a decent wage to do it? Still as my old man says, "work, thats easy to find, I could find enough to keep busy every day of the week... it's getting paid for it, that's the hard part." How true!

What about labour camps? ;) why not work for the dole? All those eastern Europeans that work in the agriculture industry each summer can fudge off home and our FIT YOUNG MEN who have been on the dole for years can get of their fudging arses and earn a living. What's the problem?

Ive said this should happen for years now, seems the govt have finally seen the light...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...to-do-unpaid-work-in-return-for-benefits.html

THOUSANDS of jobless layabouts risk having benefits stopped in a crackdown on the workshy.

Ministers now want to make ALL able-bodied claimants do unpaid community tasks in return for their dole.

The move follows the success of a tough new regime aimed at pushing the long-term unemployed into work.

Job centre staff have power to send suspected shirkers to join supervised gangs painting schools or trimming hedgerows.

Those who refuse to put in 30 hours a week have their £67.50-a-week unemployment benefit stopped. Next month the government will DOUBLE the number on the programme.

Employment Minister Chris Grayling, who set up the scheme last year, wants to extend it to capture thousands more he believes play the system.

And he has launched a secret trial in one area to see if tough sanctions can be imposed on EVERY claimant. An insider said: “He wants this scheme to be the norm, rather than an optional extra.

“They are planning to extend it rapidly from next month and have already found funding for thousands more places.

More than 18,000 jobless have already joined community projects or had their handouts docked.

But a study shows half of claimants would rather lose their cash than do unpaid work

Because they are bone idle ****s

What about labour camps? ;) why not work for the dole? All those eastern Europeans that work in the agriculture industry each summer can fudge off home and our FIT YOUNG MEN who have been on the dole for years can get of their fudging arses and earn a living. What's the problem?

Exactly or helping out in the community, there must be grass to cut, walls to paint, rubbish to be picked up...

I'd rather spend my time applying for jobs and doing qualifications at my local college to try and help with my hunt for a job.

But if they want me to go and do work that does absolutely zero to increase the chances of finding a job, and actually diminishes it, then it's probably something they will push through.

Governments do stupid things all the time.

The most recent is cutting the number of jobs at the HMRC to save money, which lead to them losing money as there were not enough people working there to sort out taxes.

Ingenius.

Last edited:
Typical that you wilfully ignore the actual policy. This is for the long term unemployed!! Not people who have just lost their jobs!!! And most people don't even claim the dole if they lose their jobs.

Define Long term?

I got out of University last year and there are so few jobs in comparison to applicants where i live, it is unreal.

I think for anyone unemployed for more then say 6 months it is a good thing. What i would actually do is make them work for 4 days and on the 5th day go into the job centre for ttrainning or a plan of action on how to get back into work. If i could see a letter from an employer offering them an interview i would allow them a day off or half a day off to go for that interview.

The american system where companies are paid to find long term unemployed work which is meant to be coming in is another step in the right direction. Seeing as welfare is our biggest expenditure it is right we look at ways we can cut the cost.

I may come across a little liberal here but i can see what some others are saying that it is unfair on others who are looking for work which is why it is correct to keep it to the long term unemployed.

For me we need a shake up in our whole value system, i have said many times that some children should come out of the education system a lot sooner and move into technical colleges and learn trades. Main stream education is clearly not for some, i know because it was not for me either.

But we have all seen the likely ones round our local towns who are dossing around and have nothing in their lives because they dropped out of school. Those young lads would do much better off on courses learning to be a mechanic or plumber and the girls learning to become hair stylists or child minders.

The result would be we would have more workers and less need for foreign workers who spend less and send money home, we would have a lower welfare bill and more then likely lower crime rates. It would take a massive political will to force people back into work and or trainning but it is the right thing to do.

However much i dislike the traitor cameron only the tories can carry this off as labour would never do anything like this because as the other thread rightly said they are the party of the scum.

I'd say a year is a good period. After that I'd personally be desperate for any work. Say you can get experience whilst getting the dole? Surely that will enhance your cv and you'll be able to get paid employment? How about if you could work in your chosen industry for free and then the role went permanent? As long as it was regulated so a firm couldn't just go through person after person for the cheap labour what's the problem? I worked on market stalls, paper round, stacking shelves and pushed trolleys round a supermarket car park, washed pans in the council kitchens, warehouse work, menial office work etc etc I didn't care. More people need this attitude.

I'd say a year is a good period. After that I'd personally be desperate for any work. Say you can get experience whilst getting the dole? Surely that will enhance your cv and you'll be able to get paid employment? How about if you could work in your chosen industry for free and then the role went permanent? As long as it was regulated so a firm couldn't just go through person after person for the cheap labour what's the problem? I worked on market stalls, paper round, stacking shelves and pushed trolleys round a supermarket car park, washed pans in the council kitchens, warehouse work, menial office work etc etc I didn't care. More people need this attitude.

Im the same a couple of years ago i took a job in the port in southampton driving the forklift around as we had a cash flow problem and i wanted to keep our son in the school he was in, got a lot better now as im back in my chosen field(locksmith).

A year sounds about fair, personally i thought the work for free for 3 months was a good idea and i do not know why people were so against it. It got people used to being back in the workplace. I think there are a lot of liberal people in positions of power in this country especailly the media who do not like to see the push towards what i would consider the centre but they think the right.

In my experince there are a lot of people especailly the young that are not fit to work. I say this as someone who worked among them in the port for 9 months and i have a friend who is a manager in a warehouse in east sussex.

You would be amazed how many can not even stand up for 8 hours. Yes standing on your feet all day can make you tired but if you are not going to be working in an office or similar then you will need to be physically fit. To many kids leave school today and they do not do any P.E.(what we called it in my day) and they go straight home and sit playing computer games instead of being in the park playing football.

I was made redundant seven years ago and didnt have a job for a year. I didnt pick up benefits once. Some might say im foolish as I have paid my taxes and NI etc so why couldnt I pick up my ?ú42 a week?

I was made redundant seven years ago and didnt have a job for a year. I didnt pick up benefits once. Some might say im foolish as I have paid my taxes and NI etc so why couldnt I pick up my ?ú42 a week?

You should definitely have claimed. You paid into the pot.

I'd rather spend my time applying for jobs and doing qualifications at my local college to try and help with my hunt for a job.

But if they want me to go and do work that does absolutely zero to increase the chances of finding a job, and actually diminishes it, then it's probably something they will push through.

Governments do stupid things all the time.

The most recent is cutting the number of jobs at the HMRC to save money, which lead to them losing money as there were not enough people working there to sort out taxes.

Ingenius.

That's only partially true.

HMRC diverted more staff to tax avoidance, resulting in a +?ú4.3Bn increase in tax receipts; net +?ú3.3Bn when you offset the under-recovery from the old defunct strategy.

Not judging others but I would never claim. Unless we couldn't feed my daughter.

Southie has a point tho right? I paid a lot of taxes and NI etc I contributed a brickload, im sure you have too - so why not claim? Youre entitled to it. Moreso than the jokers who live on these things....

Southie has a point tho right? I paid a lot of taxes and NI etc I contributed a brickload, im sure you have too - so why not claim? Youre entitled to it. Moreso than the jokers who live on these things....

Just do cash jobs and don't pay all the tax you should.

Hey did you ever do that job in Egypt where you were going to get paid by an expensive watch;)

Back