• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Work for your dole money...

:ross::ross:

I knew it was only a matter of time. NAMED sources (not like the Guardian's 'job seeker' or 'young worker' bull brick)

Robert Cooke, 30, from Plymouth:

Organisers found somewhere for us to shelter, and said that if any of us wanted to get into our sleeping bags to keep warm, then we could. Most of us just stayed up chatting. It was a good laugh, and we had access to the portable loos the whole time. They have paid for all the training for my licence and an NVQ in crowd safety. They gave us boots worth ?ú80, and a uniform. We worked out that what they’ve spent is the equivalent of us being paid ?ú45 an hour.

Kirsty Nicholls, 23, also from Plymouth:

“I would like to thank CPUK for the amazing experience I was a part of this weekend. I am extremely grateful for this opportunity. We were treated with the utmost respect and highly praised for the work we had done. I personally volunteered to do all three days work as I found the experience incredibly pleasurable. I look forward to a long career with CPUK.

Markus Hanks, another volunteer, said:

“Thanks for a great time at the Diamond Jubilee. Brilliant company to work for, great staff, brilliant atmosphere between everyone, looking forward to working with Close Protection UK again at the London 2012 Olympics. I’m supporting you and the Close Protection UK 110%.”

Word of advice. Please stop reading the Guardian. Mugs

I just wanted to read it again!

Will The Guardian print a correction?? :)

How do you think the BBC reported it?

I will give you two options:

A) They quoted unknown sources from the Guardian (the 1% minority lazy ****s)

OR

B) They quoted 3 names from the 98%+ majority that thought it helped them personally

Think about it.....don't rush in with your answer

581868704.gif

How do you think the BBC reported it?

I will give you two options:

A) They quoted unknown sources from the Guardian (the 1% minority lazy ****s)

OR

B) They quoted 3 names from the 98%+ majority that thought it helped them personally

Think about it.....don't rush in with your answer

Linkage?

I knew it was only a matter of time. NAMED sources (not like the Guardian's 'job seeker' or 'young worker' bull brick)

Robert Cooke, 30, from Plymouth:

ÔÇ£Organisers found somewhere for us to shelter, and said that if any of us wanted to get into our sleeping bags to keep warm, then we could. Most of us just stayed up chatting. It was a good laugh, and we had access to the portable loos the whole time. They have paid for all the training for my licence and an NVQ in crowd safety. They gave us boots worth ?ú80, and a uniform. We worked out that what theyÔÇÖve spent is the equivalent of us being paid ?ú45 an hour.ÔÇØ

Kirsty Nicholls, 23, also from Plymouth:

ÔÇ£I would like to thank CPUK for the amazing experience I was a part of this weekend. I am extremely grateful for this opportunity. We were treated with the utmost respect and highly praised for the work we had done. I personally volunteered to do all three days work as I found the experience incredibly pleasurable. I look forward to a long career with CPUK.ÔÇØ

Markus Hanks, another volunteer, said:

ÔÇ£Thanks for a great time at the Diamond Jubilee. Brilliant company to work for, great staff, brilliant atmosphere between everyone, looking forward to working with Close Protection UK again at the London 2012 Olympics. IÔÇÖm supporting you and the Close Protection UK 110%.ÔÇØ

Word of advice. Please stop reading the Guardian. Mugs

No, I think I'll continue reading the publications I want to read thanks. The guardian is one of multiple news sources I read, in multiple languages and from multiple countries. Most importantly, I will not take advice on what to read from someone who has just quoted a story which I can only find in the daily mail.

As for the story, obviously the Guardian had an agenda, same with every newspaper. As per my original post, I thought it would be a positive step to post an alternative agenda, seeing as this site has recently seemingly become the headquarters of the Conservative party spin department. And all the rolling green smilies you post does not take away from the fact that this was indeed these two individuals' experiences, nor does the fact that only 2 of them were interviewed mean that the rest of them were happy, unless I've missed another post in the thread.

Good. Because you might disagree with me but I read widely to get all sides of the story. Looks like there was a fudge up here. But the principle I still support.

I have never at any point doubted your ability to read around and beyond the publications which conform to your outlook. And I have not expressed an ideological perspective on this particular governmental policy.

Hamas are now writing in the Guardian

I would be ashamed to read that toilet

And yet you seem perfectly willing to not only read but quote from this fine media establishment:

http://hellokinsella.posterous.com/the-daily-mail-list-of-things-that-give-you-c
http://www.sirc.org/news/mail_accused.html
http://www.mailwatch.co.uk/
http://cyanideandwhiskey.wordpress.com/tag/daily-mail/

Yeah, like I said, I think I'll go ahead and pass on advice from you on which publications to read.

Even the Telegraph gets involved in a bit of agenda driven reporting

http://www.butireaditinthepaper.co.uk/2012/01/02/thats-just-not-cricket/
http://www.butireaditinthepaper.co.uk/2011/10/10/daily-telegraph-reheats-daily-mail-rubbish/

None of them are exempt.

You also seem to know a lot about what goes on in the guardian for someone who claims not to read it?

As for Hamas, I hate them as much as the next guy. For so many reasons. I find them, and their views on just about everything, abhorrent. I wish they as an organisation disappeared tomorrow. But again, I won't be taking too much advice on the situation from someone whose sole contribution whenever this discussion comes up is posting an article that states the IDF is the most moral army in the world. :lol:

I don't read The Mail.

I read the telegraph (online) and the economist (print)

Attacking the mail only reinforces my better judgement

I think its toilet too

But at least they're not yet a platform for holocaust denying religious nut jobs

The Mail is a comic.

The funny thing is 60% of it's readership are women and Female is the most widely read womens supplement in the country.

I suppose it just plays to womens fears about getting old and the idea that the country and society are going to hell in a hand basket.

Back