• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Who should be captain?

Why is it obvious when he is far from assured of even starting games? I don't really like an ex Hammer captaining Spurs either but that's for another day ..

Just check out the shirt launch for why its obvious.

Club captain does not have to play... i.e King

Parker Captain IMO obvious choice.

Then Bale as a thankyou for signing his contract, also should he go, he is club captain and it adds another 10 on his total.
Apart from the fact that he shouldn't really be in the first 11, don't you remember when (I think it was) Bale and Modric (or maybe VdV) were screaming and arguing with each other in the background of the shot. Parker (captain that match) was just strolling away in the foreground, minding his own business.

So, ignoring the footballing side of things, terrible, terrible captain.

If VDV is going to be staying and a usual starter then I'd definitely go for him. Otherwise, I'd go for Kaboul (although as mentioned earlier, there'd be something extremely cool about having BAE as captain).

I reckon if Brad stays as first choice then AVB will go with him.

No Benny? Aw, shucks. Fine, VDV then. It'll probably mean more to him than it will to a lot of the other players.

Surprised Hudds not been mentioned - not that I'd choose him! :D

Tricky one really; I don't think he'll choose Verts - he wants to maintain the dressing room (after the Chelsea debacle) and giving it to a newcomer may cause a divide.

I'd be tempted with VdV too, he's got the pedigree to gain the respect IMO.

Maybe Bale to make sure he stays :D Kidding of course...

Apart from the fact that he shouldn't really be in the first 11, don't you remember when (I think it was) Bale and Modric (or maybe VdV) were screaming and arguing with each other in the background of the shot. Parker (captain that match) was just strolling away in the foreground, minding his own business.

So, ignoring the footballing side of things, terrible, terrible captain.

Amen to that

Does it matter? This isn't cricket. Leaders will lead. Followers will follow. Followers will occasionally feel minded to lead and vice versa.

Says the person where the stats state half the board has switched him off.

Opps did I just let that out the bag mods. HAHAHA

Good to see you're still as mature as ever. I am a great advocate of the ignore feature. It's superb and I have encouraged many posters to put me on ignore if they don't like my views. It's just a shame I can't switch you off.

Does it matter? This isn't cricket. Leaders will lead. Followers will follow. Followers will occasionally feel minded to lead and vice versa.

It doesn't matter if you have a bad one but a good captain can add to the team. Roy Keane is a perfect example. Total respect from his fellow pros and an extension of Fergie's will on the pitch. Sometimes led by example but also barked out orders and reprimanded other players if they fudged up. Teddy Sheringham said he was the best player he every played with and his will to win was unequalled. A rare breed, but a template to choose your captain off if you ask me.

How about Ade? Experienced, happy, gets on with everyone...probably won't happen lol.

Sandro? Also gets on with everyone, team joker ala Keane but could probably crack the whip when needed.

If not - Bale. Best player, can inspire, may make him focus even more and become even more consistent, determined to affect the game every single match.

Yes, I'm going to go with Bale.

Back