• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What was your highest point as a Spurs fan?

Brilliant post mate loved reading it. No.1 is my fave though! My first single was the Come on You Spurs record. Remember walking into Woolies (think the one in Palmers Green and not Wood Green) and it was on the front of the stalls as you walked in. The words were on the back and just kept on singing them. Real happy days.

cheers bud, was thinking about this on a loooooong journey up north on saturday! great team to support, lots of good memories and more to come!

That's how I found out about it too. It was on a portable TV in my parents room and I ran straight to my brothers room to tell him the news. I can remember it as if it were yesterday. He was genuinely amongst the best two or three in the world in his position at the time, can you imagine us doing that now?

I read it in the paper! Wasn't there a picture of him agreeing the deal on a boat or summat??

Wait, hang on, that could've been Rebrov 8-[ :ross:

You just cannot beat the feeling when we win trophies. So I will always rank winning the FA Cup 1991, WC 1999 and CC 2008 highly. But winning the 2008 Carling Cup will always be extra special because we beat our bogey team Chelsea in the Final. The fact we beat Chelsea who finished 2nd in the league and played in the CL Final will always be great satisfaction.

I'm 27 so unfortunately most of my highs that I recall have been in the last 5-6 years... without further ado:

For me, beating the Scum 5-1.. the atmosphere at the ground that day was the best I've ever experienced, ALL FOUR sides of the ground in unanimous voice for the whole match... and afterwards I was on such a high for at least a week, maybe longer. Because we fudging battered, annihilated, walloped 'em!! Sadly hadn't experienced that feeling before. That's my ultimate personal #1 and it will take a lot to ever beat it...

Although 2-1 at the Lane vs the Scum comes close... the way we finally ended that cursed league run!! Epic.

I agree with those saying CC Final against Cheatski - that was a big turning point in our recent history IMO, we stood up and took on a 'top' (*spits*) team with a lot of 'big' name players, and outplayed them, like Spurs are meant to do.

And Man Sh!tty "4th Place Final" away is right up there in my top 5. While I didn't enjoy that game personally, I was literally CHOKED with sheer tension/nerves... but the ecstatic feeling at the end was something else. We played with balls that day, and Ledley stood up and delivered a collossus, imperious performance even by his standards. I miss the big guy!!

Rounding off the top 5... I think I might put beating Man U at Old Trafford in at no. 5. Let's hope that too is another big turning point in our history. It's either that or owning Inter Milan at WHL, or AC at the San Siro...

Gazza's free kick in '91. I was 6 and it's my first Spurs memory

The 91 final

Winning the Carling Cup in 2008 - I couldn't get a ticket but was with a Spurs pub with a few mates

Beating the scum 5-1 in the semi and being in Park Lane and everyone just going mental.

Crouch scoring against Emirates Marketing Project to get 4th - I was in the same pub as the one we won the Carling Cup in 2008

Shouting taxi for Maicon

I'm 27 so unfortunately most of my highs that I recall have been in the last 5-6 years... without further ado:

For me, beating the Scum 5-1.. the atmosphere at the ground that day was the best I've ever experienced, ALL FOUR sides of the ground in unanimous voice for the whole match... and afterwards I was on such a high for at least a week, maybe longer. Because we fudging battered, annihilated, walloped 'em!! Sadly hadn't experienced that feeling before. That's my ultimate personal #1 and it will take a lot to ever beat it...

Although 2-1 at the Lane vs the Scum comes close... the way we finally ended that cursed league run!! Epic.

I agree with those saying CC Final against Cheatski - that was a big turning point in our recent history IMO, we stood up and took on a 'top' (*spits*) team with a lot of 'big' name players, and outplayed them, like Spurs are meant to do.

And Man Sh!tty "4th Place Final" away is right up there in my top 5. While I didn't enjoy that game personally, I was literally CHOKED with sheer tension/nerves... but the ecstatic feeling at the end was something else. We played with balls that day, and Ledley stood up and delivered a collossus, imperious performance even by his standards. I miss the big guy!!

Rounding off the top 5... I think I might put beating Man U at Old Trafford in at no. 5. Let's hope that too is another big turning point in our history. It's either that or owning Inter Milan at WHL, or AC at the San Siro...

I know exactly how you felt. Remember the wife buying us a sandwich to eat in the car park before the game. Absolutely no chance I could eat it, I was a bag of nerves right up until the final whistle...at which point I think I nearly exploded with delight

I know exactly how you felt. Remember the wife buying us a sandwich to eat in the car park before the game. Absolutely no chance I could eat it, I was a bag of nerves right up until the final whistle...at which point I think I nearly exploded with delight

I couldn't watch the game at all, I was so sure we would lose it. Put money on City then had to blank it out of my mind completely, till the game was over. So for high moments, the Danny Rose goal. Night game, great atmosphere, standing in Paxton - finally, finally we did it in the league. And the buzz the next day when the Radio 5 commentators brought up the "wonder goal" every 5 minutes. Wonderful, buzzing for days.

Ricky Villa 81 Wembley behind the goal in the upper tier
Crooks 81 Highbury in the Northbank
Ricky Villa 81 Highbury - knowing we had finally reached Wembley
Parkes save against Anderlecht - In the floodlight section corner of park lane
Linekers third against the gimps in 91 - Virtually on the half way line just a block away from the now despondent c..ts.

All mentioned but one that hasn't - Ossie's lob at Old Trafford in the cup replay in 1980 with Hod in goal, in my living room watching midweek sport special and didn't know the score remember leaping up and down on the sofa like a horny chimp!

Last edited:
Ricky Villa 81 Wembley behind the goal in the upper tier
Crooks 81 Highbury in the Northbank
Ricky Villa 81 Highbury - knowing we had finally reached Wembley
Parkes save against Anderlecht

All mentioned but one that hasn't - Ossie's lob at Old Trafford in the cup replay in 1980 with Hod in goal, in my living room watching midweek sport special and didn't know the score remember leaping up and down on the sofa like a horny chimp!

I never realised the significance, being a slightly younger fan. But I guess the 81 final marked emerging from one of those spells in the wilderness for us. No finals since 73, no Wembley for about ten years too?

The season before thought it was our year after the Ossie goal I mentioned but then the Scousers and a Terry Mac wonder goal did us in the quarter finals at the Lane remember leaving the Lane crestfallen as prior to that think we had been knocked out in the 3rd round for about 5 seasons.

The season before thought it was our year after the Ossie goal I mentioned but then the Scousers and a Terry Mac wonder goal did us in the quarter finals at the Lane remember leaving the Lane crestfallen as prior to that think we had been knocked out in the 3rd round for about 5 seasons.

That 'Calm Down' goal was just ridiculous! Unbelievable!

IIRC, this was the only time that I genuinely felt scared after a game of football. Tottenham High Road resembled a war zone, there were random fights breaking out and missiles flying everywhere. I was just under 16 years of age and I had taken the son of a work colleague to the game. I had to take him around to my Gran and Grandad's (behind WHL station) for tea and scones until things had quietened down a bit. Awful game and a poisonous atmosphere before, during and after the game.

Just outside my Top 5, but still a great memory. Jurgen Klinsmann scored a late winner at Anfield in the FA Cup 1/4final.

Have mentioned this one before. Having originally been kicked out of the Cup in the first place, then AMS getting us reinstated, I had a feeling our name might be on the cup that season. After winning at Anfield I truly believed it, still remember going around Warrington that night, finishing in Mr Smiths nightclub having had an awesome binge celebration.

As we all know, our name wasnt it, Evertons was, and from the 1/4 final being one of my massive highs we went to the semi-final being one of the all-time lows

Just outside my Top 5, but still a great memory. Jurgen Klinsmann scored a late winner at Anfield in the FA Cup 1/4final.

Have mentioned this one before. Having originally been kicked out of the Cup in the first place, then AMS getting us reinstated, I had a feeling our name might be on the cup that season. After winning at Anfield I truly believed it, still remember going around Warrington that night, finishing in Mr Smiths nightclub having had an awesome binge celebration.

As we all know, our name wasnt it, Evertons was, and from the 1/4 final being one of my massive highs we went to the semi-final being one of the all-time lows

indeed, a cracking day out...

Back