• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What was your highest point as a Spurs fan?

I managed to go every cup tie in the lead up to the 1981 FA Cup Final. I then joined HMF on the Tuesday and missed out on a ticket for the final (but watched it in the NAAFI). I then remember being on parade at about 21:30 the following Thursday when a Liverpudlian NCO came in. I remember standing rigidly to attention as he inspected our barracks. After the quickest of checks, he declared to us all that "he was in a good mood as Emirates Marketing Project had lost the Cup replay"? I had to wait until he had left the barracks to jump for joy.

There is a reasonably good ending to this story. Unbeknownst to me, my parents had been saving all of their pennies and they purchased one of the very first VCR machines. When I came home on my first leave, I was ushered into the front room. A couple of beers awaited, along with a tape of the replay. I had just finished a week's exercise, averaging 3 hours broken sleep a night, but my adrenalin kept me going and I had an excellent afternoon watching that game on the first tape that my parents had ever recorded. Happy Days!!

That, my friend is a top story. I actually felt a bit humble reading that.

Signing Kilnsmann news on Ceefax :D

That's how I found out about it too. It was on a portable TV in my parents room and I ran straight to my brothers room to tell him the news. I can remember it as if it were yesterday. He was genuinely amongst the best two or three in the world in his position at the time, can you imagine us doing that now?

actually, I think we did a few short months ago, Lloris is as good as anyone else right now in my opinion

That's how I found out about it too. It was on a portable TV in my parents room and I ran straight to my brothers room to tell him the news. I can remember it as if it were yesterday. He was genuinely amongst the best two or three in the world in his position at the time, can you imagine us doing that now?

Haha!!! There's something organic about the experience compared to the World today (although the old boys may say it's not nothing compared to wireless or the papers the following day!) :D

What time was the new broken?? It must have been when we came home from school surely??? (perhaps before the 5:35pm Neighbours episode)? :D

Haha!!! There's something organic about the experience compared to the World today (although the old boys may say it's not nothing compared to wireless or the papers the following day!) :D

What time was the new broken?? It must have been when we came home from school surely??? (perhaps before the 5:35pm Neighbours episode)? :D

I can remember when i used to work saturdays i did not get home in time for the results i would pick up the saturday football results paper on the way through london just to find out the results.

What paper was that Ben?

Wasn't that big faliour of a paper 'Today' was it? :D

you know i can not remember what it was, had something like 4 pages and was basically just the results from the football league and scotland. Do you know the one i was talking about? mind you back then papers often had an morning an afternoon run.

There's a lot to choose from
Villa winner in 1981 Cup final
Parkes penalty save Uefa Cup final
Bizarrely, Pavs winner in the rain v Liverpool (2-1)
Final whistle v Inter Milan at home

but winner is...final whistle at Etihad on CL qualification night. Didnt enjoy the game itself as I was an absolute nervous wreck, but the elation at the final whistle was unreal.

And that was just to finish 4th. F#ck knows what me and a few others are going to be like if we are ever back in with a shout of winning the title. Might just finish me off!

Being behind the goal when we won on penalties against Anderlecht. One of my fondest memories between father and son, first time I saw my father cry.

1. Fa Cup Replay 1981 + Stevie P lifting the cup
2. Uefa Cup final 1984 - standing on my seat celebrating after the penalties - upper East stand, is very high!
3. Sheffield Wed away 1994 ( 7 months pregnant, watching the manic 5 man attack & Jugen's debut)
4 1st away European trip - San Siro & Bale's hat trick - sitting with the Inter fans

Had a rethink! Maybe these are "best memories" rather than "highs" though. But my top ten favourite moments as a Spurs fan!:

1. With my dad, brushing my teeth aged six singing "Ossies going to Wembley". I don't know why I picked Spurs there was not any family influence and I didn't properly get into football for another 4 years. But I think that's where I became a fan.

2. FA Cup semi 1991 (live)
perfect goal perfect day.

3. Carling Cup semi 2008 (live)
First win over the goons in ages and what a way to do it.
Absolutely destroyed them.

4. First team training 1988 at WHL
Met the whole squad and got their autographs. Gave Gazza a Christmas card, he stuffed it down his shorts!

5. Emirates Marketing Project away 2010 (TV)
it really felt like we'd arrived, and gave us so much redemption for Lasagnate

6. Access all areas White Hart Lane 1990
Was doing GCSE Art at school and I wrote to the club asking if I could come and draw the inside of the stadium during the close season. They allowed me and two mates complete free reign of all stands, we went everywhere :)

7. Young Boys 2010 (Live)
I'll never forget hearing the CL music as the players came out even if we lost at that moment I though "no one can take this away now I've seen my team in the CL"

8. Milan H 2011 (live)
Dumping out one of the giants of Europe in the CL, magic!

9. Stalteris goal at West Ham 2007 (TV)
The year after lasagnagate, it was an absolute cracker of a match and to kill them in the last minute felt sooooo great!

10. First visit to WHL 1986
It was only a bus trip to visit the club shop, a grey afternoon and I didn't get to go to a game until the next season. Only bought a scarf and a pennant I think. But you never forget :)

Several spring to mind:
Klinsmann rejoining,
Davids signing,
Beating Chelscum 5 - 1 in the Carling Cup SF,
Beating Chelscum in the Worthington Cup final
Beating Emirates Marketing Project to qualify for the Champions League
Smashing Inter at home in the Champions League
oh, and any win against the scum!

1. 3-1 v Arsenal 1991. We won. That goal. No double for them.

2. UEFA Cup Final 1984. Sat at the top of the East Stand which rocked. Had to leave after the presentation because I felt sick from all the smoke that collected at the back of the stand.

3. Carling Cup Final 2008. Took my son and we beat a very good Chelsea side. Wonderful.

4. 5-1 v Arsenal. Just perfect.

5. My Dad jumps so high he hit the ceiling as Ricky Villa scores the winner in 1981. He had been at the Saturday game but couldn't get a ticket for the Thursday. It was at that moment I knew I would be Tottenham forever.

6. Graham Roberts puts Charlie Nicholas in the stand on my first visit to Highbury.

Last edited:
I managed to go every cup tie in the lead up to the 1981 FA Cup Final. I then joined HMF on the Tuesday and missed out on a ticket for the final (but watched it in the NAAFI). I then remember being on parade at about 21:30 the following Thursday when a Liverpudlian NCO came in. I remember standing rigidly to attention as he inspected our barracks. After the quickest of checks, he declared to us all that "he was in a good mood as Emirates Marketing Project had lost the Cup replay"? I had to wait until he had left the barracks to jump for joy.

There is a reasonably good ending to this story. Unbeknownst to me, my parents had been saving all of their pennies and they purchased one of the very first VCR machines. When I came home on my first leave, I was ushered into the front room. A couple of beers awaited, along with a tape of the replay. I had just finished a week's exercise, averaging 3 hours broken sleep a night, but my adrenalin kept me going and I had an excellent afternoon watching that game on the first tape that my parents had ever recorded. Happy Days!!

Awesome

Had a rethink! Maybe these are "best memories" rather than "highs" though. But my top ten favourite moments as a Spurs fan!:

1. With my dad, brushing my teeth aged six singing "Ossies going to Wembley". I don't know why I picked Spurs there was not any family influence and I didn't properly get into football for another 4 years. But I think that's where I became a fan.

2. FA Cup semi 1991 (live)
perfect goal perfect day.

3. Carling Cup semi 2008 (live)
First win over the goons in ages and what a way to do it.
Absolutely destroyed them.

4. First team training 1988 at WHL
Met the whole squad and got their autographs. Gave Gazza a Christmas card, he stuffed it down his shorts!

5. Emirates Marketing Project away 2010 (TV)
it really felt like we'd arrived, and gave us so much redemption for Lasagnate

6. Access all areas White Hart Lane 1990
Was doing GCSE Art at school and I wrote to the club asking if I could come and draw the inside of the stadium during the close season. They allowed me and two mates complete free reign of all stands, we went everywhere :)

7. Young Boys 2010 (Live)
I'll never forget hearing the CL music as the players came out even if we lost at that moment I though "no one can take this away now I've seen my team in the CL"

8. Milan H 2011 (live)
Dumping out one of the giants of Europe in the CL, magic!

9. Stalteris goal at West Ham 2007 (TV)
The year after lasagnagate, it was an absolute cracker of a match and to kill them in the last minute felt sooooo great!

10. First visit to WHL 1986
It was only a bus trip to visit the club shop, a grey afternoon and I didn't get to go to a game until the next season. Only bought a scarf and a pennant I think. But you never forget :)

Brilliant post mate loved reading it. No.1 is my fave though! My first single was the Come on You Spurs record. Remember walking into Woolies (think the one in Palmers Green and not Wood Green) and it was on the front of the stalls as you walked in. The words were on the back and just kept on singing them. Real happy days.

Back