• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What was your highest point as a Spurs fan?

Apart from the great games that have already been mentioned - 81 cup final replay, the '84 UEFA Cup was an exceptional night , Gazzas 91 semi goal, I think the announcement that we had signed Jurgen was a real jaw dropping moment. Still can hear the net rippling after he hit this screamer.

jurgohu2k.gif

Was that Jurgen scoring against Sheffield Wednesday on the day that it was announced that Alan Sugar had been successful in overturning our points deduction and FA Cup exclusion in 94-95?

Gazza' (the best player I've seen in a Spurs shirt) legendary goal in 1991 followed up by our (then) record breaking 8th FA Cup win a month later \o/ A real shame that we haven't held the trophy aloft in the 22 years since and are now down to 3rd on the all-time list.

Other highlights include winning the League Cup in '99 and '08, Crouch' winner at City which lead to us qualifying for the Champions League and signing Klinsmann the first time (how we'd all love to see a truly world class striker like him in this current side [-o<)

[video=youtube;GVMaIUSeRxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVMaIUSeRxA[/video]

Was that Jurgen scoring against Sheffield Wednesday on the day that it was announced that Alan Sugar had been successful in overturning our points deduction and FA Cup exclusion in 94-95?

Spot on mate , the second goal in our 3-1 win that night.

Dunno if it was the night of the overturning of the points deduction / FA Cup reinstatement but could well have been.

Sitting in South Lower in the second half of the 9-1 Wigan game. Was just crazy! Surreal!

Being present at the Lane to see us finally beat Chelski in the PL for the first time in my time as a Spurs supporters.

Crouch scoring and us beating City to secure 4th and CL, the Oslo Spurs pub Bohemen was exploding - came home drunk, delirious and soaked in beer.

Same venue, when we equalised to make it 4-4 vs the Arse, oh how much fun we had mocking the three-four tinkled off Arse fans in the pub, that had been so ****y and confident earlier.

There are many more, obviously...but from the top of my head, these are the four that come to mind first.

My top 3 in order....

1. Ricky Villa scoring 'that goal' to win us the cup final..

2. Ossie scoring at Old Trafford in injury time when we were down to 10 men with Hoddle in goal - it was the second year running we had initially drawn them at home in the FA cup and had to go up there for a replay. Was there both times and that made winning so much sweeter..

3. Late 70's....taking the North Bank at Highbury two years running. Not on my own I hasten to add.

Spot on mate , the second goal in our 3-1 win that night.

Dunno if it was the night of the overturning of the points deduction / FA Cup reinstatement but could well have been.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that it was on the same day. Fantastic atmosphere. Probably the only time, after the Venables sacking, that Sugar was universally popular at the Lane.

I think the semi-final in 1991 for me. Although I was also at the 5-1 Carling Cup demolition and that meant a lot too.

However, qualifying for the CL was special in its own way and in some ways the highest I feel we've been in terms of status in my lifetime as a fan.

Along with all of the previously mentioned games, I give you 29/09/2012!? This was the day in PL history, when we finally came away from Old Trafford with ALL 3 points.

I swear that each minute seemed to last for five, we defended like Trojan's and when the final whistle went, the away end went absolutely mental. I remember hugging random strangers, I had a tear in my eye and a lump the size of a bramley apple in my throat!

The 'feel good' factor lasted for ages after that game.

Tough question because there is the nostalgia of youth and the recent memories.

The win again City in the FA Cup final was a biggie (and we had Chas and Dave!!!!!)

Of course Anderlecht...

The Gazza freekick against the goons.

Signing Kilnsmann news on Ceefax :D

soooo many...

I have been waiting for one of the guys who goes to away games to say the highest point as a spurs fan is sitting in the gods at St James Park or whatever the fudge it is called now.

Nice one. Just to get the thread off track-what is the highest seat that a Spurs away fan has sat in?

Been many high points for me ( old fart) but for gut wrenching it has to be the UEFA final against Anderlecht, it had everything.

When we lost 3-4 to Sevilla in the Ueffa. The Jol Era in general was a real feel good time, we got our club back.

Martin Jol put some pride back in the club where we had been awful for ages before. He really got the club, fans loved him and he loved us.

We lost that game but second half MARTIN JOLS BLUE and WHITE ARMY for 30 minutes when we losing a sea of noise.

Interesting choice. A fantastic display of support for a team that had been unlucky or robbed. A true Spurs fan moment.

Ricky's goal stands out as the special moment (on TV but it was my birthday). A 1-1 mid-week draw with Wolves should stand out: my first game and they got to pick up a big silver thing afterwards. But I was young and the memory is vague, and it seems they don't hand out those big silver things after every game.

I know this might be an issue for a seperate thread but what about games you MISSED? I still feel sick when I think about how I didn't see the city game with the crouch goal, must have been amazing and I missed it (it was during my army days), it genuinely haunts me . Obviously I was thrilled when I found out the score later that night but it really isn't the same as watching the game is it?

1) Gazzas Semi Final
2) Uefa Cup final 84
3) Crouch winner v City
4) beating AC in San Siro
5) Pavs winner versus L'pool(watched with my 2 best mates and we jumped around like tubes)

Been many high points for me ( old fart) but for gut wrenching it has to be the UEFA final against Anderlecht, it had everything.

That game was the first where I experienced the absolute sh*t bricking of a penalty shootout and the absolute elation of Tony parkes saving the penalty in sudden death. I was 10 years old. I remember the FA cup finals of 81 and 82 but at the ages of 7 & 8 I'm not sure I 'got it'. The UEFA final I was allowed to stay up and watch it on TV. The absolute fear of the penalties followed by the absolute joy of winning made me realise the massive emotions of being a footie fan.

Other highs for me were the FA and league cup wins, Crouchies goal at eastlands, the games against Inter (I was willing to have gareth bales babies after that), beating Man U on their patch but also smaller things like danny Roses' goal. That came a couple of days after we lost in the fa semi and I think we all as Spurs fans felt incredibly down but that goal just gave us a massive lift. I also remember the high I felt after beating west ham in the league cup semi in 87/88. We thrashed them 5-0 and I went in to school the next day with my head held high while the spammer fans hid from me.

Probable being present for our 3-2 at the Emirates. Although my Gooner friend put a downer on it by being there and being such a sore loser. Being there for 1-0 away against AC Milan wasn't bad either. Neither was the League Cup against Chelsea or the away win over Man C to secure Champion's League. Wow to be honest most of it is from the last years. Previously it was things like signing Klinsmann, seeing Ginola score some of his goals etc.

I know this might be an issue for a seperate thread but what about games you MISSED? I'm still feel so bad for not seeing the city game with the crouch goal, must have been amazing and I missed it (it was during my army days), it genuinely haunts me . Obviously I was thrilled when I found out the score later that night but it really isn't the same as watching the game is it?

I managed to go every cup tie in the lead up to the 1981 FA Cup Final. I then joined HMF on the Tuesday and missed out on a ticket for the final (but watched it in the NAAFI). I then remember being on parade at about 21:30 the following Thursday when a Liverpudlian NCO came in. I remember standing rigidly to attention as he inspected our barracks. After the quickest of checks, he declared to us all that "he was in a good mood as Emirates Marketing Project had lost the Cup replay"? I had to wait until he had left the barracks to jump for joy.

There is a reasonably good ending to this story. Unbeknownst to me, my parents had been saving all of their pennies and they purchased one of the very first VCR machines. When I came home on my first leave, I was ushered into the front room. A couple of beers awaited, along with a tape of the replay. I had just finished a week's exercise, averaging 3 hours broken sleep a night, but my adrenalin kept me going and I had an excellent afternoon watching that game on the first tape that my parents had ever recorded. Happy Days!!

2) The week when we beat Arsenal and Chelsea to set us up for the City game, what a week!!

That wasn't such a great week for me - that's the week I fell off my motorbike and snapped both my legs in half. It hurt. And I missed the whole "Spurs beat their two fiercest rivals and qualify for the CL" thing. I am still not happy with that!

ouch, i had a similar thing with the home game to inter, watched it from a hospital bed after my appendix burst

Back