• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What is our best X1?

Against the top teams:

-----------------Lloris-----------------

Walker--Kaboul---Chiriches--Vertonghen

----------------Sandro----------------

--------Paulinho-------Dembele--------

--Lamela------Adebayor-------Eriksen--

Against everyone else:

-----------------Lloris------------------

Walker----Kaboul----Vertonghen----Rose

----------Sandro----Paulinho------------

---Lamela------Eriksen------Townsend---

----------------Adebayor----------------

Clearly:

Lloris
Walker--Kaboul--Vertonghen--Fryers
Sandro
Paulinho--Eriksen
Lamela--Adebayor--Chadli​

---------------Lloris

Walker--Kaboul--Vertonghen--Fryers

--Paulinho---Sandro--Dembele

---Lamela---Soldado---Eriksen

-----------------Lloris-----------------

Walker--Vertonghen---Chiriches--Rose, but preferably a New Left Back next season

----------------Sandro----------------

--------Paulinho-------Dembele--------

--Lamela------Adebayor-------Eriksen--

i would have to say with our squad as it is:

----------------------Loris--------------------

walker----chiriches------vertonghen-----rose

------------------sandro-------------------------

--------paulinhio----------demebele----------

--------lennon------------erikson---------

----------------ade--------------

Next season =

--------------------------Lloris----------------------------

Walker------------_________----Vertonghen-------______

----------------------Sandro---Dembele-------------------

----------------------------_____------------------------

------Lamela------------------------------------Eriksen---

----------------------------______-----------------------

Although i wouldn't mind Ade starting if he's fit and motivated. We're nearly there i guess (providing we don't shift Vertonghen).

Next season =

--------------------------Lloris----------------------------

Walker------------_________----Vertonghen-------______

----------------------Sandro---Dembele-------------------

----------------------------_____------------------------

------Lamela------------------------------------Eriksen---

----------------------------______-----------------------

Although i wouldn't mind Ade starting if he's fit and motivated. We're nearly there i guess (providing we don't shift Vertonghen).

I really think Dembele is a big part of the problem, not the solution. His lack of creativity and inability to move the ball is one of the main reasons for our poor attacking play (though I appreciate he does a good defensive shift).

IMO we really need to trade him for someone more Modric-like, like Claise or Banega, this summer.

I really think Dembele is a big part of the problem, not the solution. His lack of creativity and inability to move the ball is one of the main reasons for our poor attacking play (though I appreciate he does a good defensive shift).

IMO we really need to trade him for someone more Modric-like, like Claise or Banega, this summer.

Agreed (with the caveat that I haven't seen Clasie).

Although I think Dembele could be seen as a good backup to Sandro for the defensive role if we decide to sell Capoue instead for example.

I definitely feel having a solid base in the middle is very important and Dembele and Sandro provide that. As well as that, the creativity from our new playmaker, Lamela, Eriksen as well as Ade or another forward that actually gets involved in general play should be more than enough.

I've changed my mind again and feel we do NOT need a deep lying playmaker....we need an advanced playmaker. We need a 'runner'...a playmaker that can run with the ball not a static playmaker. If you look at Brendon Rodgers he's filled the Pool team with creative 'runners' like Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge. Eriksen isn't a 'runner', Ade is somewhat, Dembele is but isn't creative enough...so only Lamela is really a creative 'runner'.

A fit Dembele can easily do a 'Henderson role'...you certainly need energy and graft in this league and he provides it. If we bring in a Diego type playmaker rather than a Carrick type i will be happy.

I definitely feel having a solid base in the middle is very important and Dembele and Sandro provide that. As well as that, the creativity from our new playmaker, Lamela, Eriksen as well as Ade or another forward that actually gets involved in general play should be more than enough.

I've changed my mind again and feel we do NOT need a deep lying playmaker....we need an advanced playmaker. We need a 'runner'...a playmaker that can run with the ball not a static playmaker. If you look at Brendon Rodgers he's filled the Pool team with creative 'runners' like Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge. Eriksen isn't a 'runner', Ade is somewhat, Dembele is but isn't creative enough...so only Lamela is really a creative 'runner'.

A fit Dembele can easily do a 'Henderson role'...you certainly need energy and graft in this league and he provides it. If we bring in a Diego type playmaker rather than a Carrick type i will be happy.

But who are feeding those runners at Liverpool? Who are playing the passes to them?

The idea of attacking midfielder/number 10 type players creating for themselves is an illusion imo. All of Liverpool's deep central midfielders are better passers than Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho.

Dembele isn't part of the problem, but to maximise his game he needs the Modric-esque player next to him as our lack of central midfield creativity means we have often looked to him to be a main creator which isn't his game.

Would be a big mistake to get rid of him....

Dembele isn't part of the problem, but to maximise his game he needs the Modric-esque player next to him as our lack of central midfield creativity means we have often looked to him to be a main creator which isn't his game.

Would be a big mistake to get rid of him....

So you would rather drop Sandro?

I agree with what you're saying. But we can't field 12 players. So unless you think a midfield 3 with Eriksen deeper would fix that problem (I'm not sure it would) you have to drop one of them...

But who are feeding those runners at Liverpool? Who are playing the passes to them?

The idea of attacking midfielder/number 10 type players creating for themselves is an illusion imo. All of Liverpool's deep central midfielders are better passers than Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho.

Henderson isn't that great of a passer and Lucas is rather ****e. Pool still picked up wins easily (and scored goals) when Gerrard was injured (i mean they destroyed us without him).

I think it can be achieved tbh. I could be wrong of course but it can be done imo.

Henderson isn't that great of a passer and Lucas is rather ****e. Pool still picked up wins easily (and scored goals) when Gerrard was injured (i mean they destroyed us without him).

I think it can be achieved tbh. I could be wrong of course but it can be done imo.

What do you mean by "isn't that great of a passer"?

You don't think Henderson and Lucas are better passers than Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho?

I like to see what Dembele could do under a different, more progressive coach. He's shown glimpses of his true potential but too often he 2nd guesses himself at the critical juncture and the moment is lost. With the proper coaching he could be the best player in our team, he has it in him. The problems for Demeble are in his head IMO. I can imagine Mourinho getting his hands on him and turning him into a monster of a player. If LVG rocks up at the lane then we might see a more assured player next season.

Back