• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What are we missing?

Arsenals wage bill has been greater than us for the last 20 years
They binned off high wage earners recently but the players they signed all come on decent money
Let’s see how that squad lasts over the season first

Agreed. Last accounts had them higher.

FMvvgCDWUAAB5zZ.jpeg

FE8KrU2XwAg6BF-.jpeg

better wages per player ?
one of the key ways of doing that is keeping a trim squad like what arteta has done.
hopefully the stadium sponsorship goes some way to helping us pay better to attract better
We could've gotten away with that last season with the Europa Jr's Conference League playing the kids, albeit Europa is obviously something between Champions League and Conference... I don't think your star players will be complaining too much if they miss out on playing in the EL. But having CL means your top players want to be represented in that competition since most of them probably dreamt of playing on that stage. We actually need the depth to play in both the PL and the CL, ESPECIALLY in this condensed season.

So yeah, as @Bedfordspurs said, it's still too early to judge and there is a randomness factor with injuries/suspensions that we all have to contend with.

Arsenals wage bill has been greater than us for the last 20 years
They binned off high wage earners recently but the players they signed all come on decent money
Let’s see how that squad lasts over the season first
They've won more than us last 20 years.

We could've gotten away with that last season with the Europa Jr's Conference League playing the kids, albeit Europa is obviously something between Champions League and Conference... I don't think your star players will be complaining too much if they miss out on playing in the EL. But having CL means your top players want to be represented in that competition since most of them probably dreamt of playing on that stage. We actually need the depth to play in both the PL and the CL, ESPECIALLY in this condensed season.

So yeah, as @Bedfordspurs said, it's still too early to judge and there is a randomness factor with injuries/suspensions that we all have to contend with.
How many decades more do we need to try?

Kulusevski.
Yep the player who controls the game tempo
City have de Bruyne
Arsenal have Odegard
United have penanades
Chelsea have…. Not sure but mount seems to be that man currently … Haivertz
Pool don’t really have that player I’d guess, maybe Thiago
But it’s a player who a keep or move the ball better than everyone else. That way you get the out ball and ball retention along with creativity
We have no one else like that and it’s hurting the team having to ask Kane to do that as well as get on the end of his own passes

We are missing a bit of quality playing out from the back. Wingbacks are not really good enough for this system either. We need that added creativity and threat from the 5 at the back to mix things up more.

well they increased their spend last transfer window didn't they. also paid high for quality - jesus becoming top earner and zincheko third highest in the last one.

View attachment 14660

looks like we didn't want to break any records. big gulf in wages between richarlison and jesus, though we paid the higher transfer fee.

View attachment 14659

https://www.capology.com/club/tottenham/salaries/
We did break records… Rucharlison was our record fee. There record signing has gone on loan as he is toilet
Their previous left for free

We did break records… Rucharlison was our record fee. There record signing has gone on loan as he is toilet
Their previous left for free

my original post was about needing to pay more in WAGES which I think is different from TRANSFER FEES, especially from a player performance perspective. Well at least in my understanding in the private sector - you know the saying, you get what you pay for.

my original post was about needing to pay more in WAGES which I think is different from TRANSFER FEES, especially from a player performance perspective. Well at least in my understanding in the private sector - you know the saying, you get what you pay for.
You said they had a clear out and were spending less in wages to be better. You actually talk about better wages per player
I’d argue that arsenal haven’t done that for some time. We will see if they finish above us this season of course but we have got much more for our money
You also talk about a trim squad which is toood because you acknowledge Their squad is paper thin

You said they had a clear out and were spending less in wages to be better. You actually talk about better wages per player
I’d argue that arsenal haven’t done that for some time. We will see if they finish above us this season of course but we have got much more for our money
You also talk about a trim squad which is toood because you acknowledge Their squad is paper thin

we should follow them
trim the squad down decisively
spend more on new players that increase quality. (e.g. Jesus and zinchenko - first team, higher wages and improves the squad immediately. Also, casemiro, antony for Man U.

the point is, not being competitive with wages is going to reduce our ability to attract quality.
decisively trimming the squad down - especially since the manager isn't going to use the fringe players anyway - is a great way of accumulating funds for better players.

we should follow them
spend more on new players that increase quality. (e.g. Jesus and zinchenko - first team, higher wages and improves the squad immediately. Also, casemiro, antony for Man U.

the point is, not being competitive with wages is going to reduce our ability to attract quality.
decisively trimming the squad down - especially since the manager isn't going to use the fringe players anyway - is a great way of accumulating funds for better players.
I think Paratici has been trying to trim the squad down the last couple of windows, the trouble is the players we’re looking to get rid of are on rudiculously high wages like Ndombele for example, so teams are reluctant to take that on for loans and the player’s not keen on moving for a pay cut.

we should follow them

Zichenko has barely played for them as he is injured a lot - 5 games out of 15 this season is pretty poor
We need to shift the ones on loan which is an issue unless you let them leave for free like arsenal had to do. That frees up money. And their signings were high paid expensive ones don’t forget

Too many 'squad players' with not enough first team quality. Son, Kane, Kulu, Bentancur, Hojgberg, Dier, Romero are first team quality currently. It is the gaps outside this 7 that are our issue. With 3 of these 7 out today, we lack some quality. With all 7 fit there are only 3 'fill-in' players - the WBs and a CB.

Our 'squad players' are all good pros with various attributes and some could step up and become quality. But they don't have the same quality and confidence on the ball yet. Along our back 5 we are missing 2 wingbacks who'll stamp their authority on games. And another CB. Only 2 of the 5 are good enough, and that is where we are weakest.

In highdsight it was an awesome Jan window but wasn't a great summer transfer window. I wanted to Sess to kick on and become the player he promises to be, but the pressure on him is too much. Persic hasn't found his rhythm either. Lenglet is good going forwards but dithers defensively sometimes. But I'd stick with all 3, as they are the better players technically. Most of what is holding them up is confidence and rhythm. Bissouma too. Confidence and rhythm needed.

Last edited:
Too many 'squad players' with not enough first team quality. Son, Kane, Kulu, Bentancur, Hojgberg, Dier, Romero are first team quality currently. It is the gaps outside this 7 that are our issue. With 3 of these 7 out today, we lack some quality. With all 7 fit there are only 3 'fill-in' players - the WBs and a CB.

Our 'squad players' are all good pros with various attributes and some could step up and become quality. But they don't have the same quality and confidence on the ball yet. Along our back 5 we are missing 2 wingbacks who'll stamp their authority on games. And another CB. Only 2 of the 5 are good enough, and that is where we are weakest.

IIn highdsight it was an awesome Jan window but wasn't a great summer transfer window. I wanted to See to kick on and become the player he promises to be, but the pressure on him is too much. Persic hasn't found his rhythm either. Lenglet is good going forwards but dithers defensively sometimes. But I'd stick with all 3, as they are the better players technically. Most of what is holding them up is confidence and rhythm. Bissouma too. Confidence and rhythm needed.

He had the majority of what you suggest are his A team in the week and they were a disgrace

Manager has doubled down though and refused to work with what he has and its come back to bite him. That's on him

Last edited:
Back