• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What are we missing?

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
So we haven't really played well all season except a few patches here and there.

I keep waiting for 'something' to click but it just isn't happening. So what is that 'something'?
  • Buying certain players for Conte's formation?
  • Players getting used to his formation?
  • Confidence?
  • Players to get back into clearly missing form?
  • Combination of all of the above?
Yeah we are in third place, but I seriously think we have flattered to deceive.

We’re missing Kulu and a proper RWB
It’s that simple
Get a guy in the right who can attack and we will have 5 in attack which with support from midfield is enough
Kulu also keeps the ball better than anyone other than Kane. We had no ball retention today when it was needed
People will say we need a creative mid but that only works if we change systems

A forward who can hold up the ball and someone who is a bully. Lukaku was superb under Conte.

We’re missing Kulu and a proper RWB
It’s that simple
Get a guy in the right who can attack and we will have 5 in attack which with support from midfield is enough
Kulu also keeps the ball better than anyone other than Kane. We had no ball retention today when it was needed
People will say we need a creative mid but that only works if we change systems

Richarlison’s passing was awful today. At least couple of times we would have been better placed had he been more accurate with his passes.

A manager that realises that son can't defend and that by asking him to we are weaker in two positions.

Hugo can't kick,
Royal can't cross
Peh can't track runners
Harry can't take free kicks
Seems no one can consistently clear the first man at corners.
Some of these issues have now been here under multiple managers, with a squad that has been heavily refreshed, so i would have to say that it is obvious what we are missing.
Sanity.

Hugo can't kick,
Royal can't cross and below average PL pace for his position
Peh can't track runners and below average PL pace for his position
Harry can't take free kicks and below average PL pace for his position
Perisic can't defend and below average PL pace for his position
Dier not doing enough for as a CCB in a three

Seems no one can consistently clear the first man at corners.
Players allowed to do badly without competition - favourites?
Insufficient bedding in of new players - what is so difficult about Conte's system which is sit and wait and hit it to Son/Kane

Gotta laugh at all the handwringing over a loss in a match that we almost always lose. Had this one comfortably lodged in the loss column from the get-go.

Probably always will - even after we eventually win one at their joint.

Could you hear Charlie Ecclesarse cheering for his beloved Popguns? From his frickin' season seats? And there you are, you big bowls of tapioca, endorsing this morseau de merde working the Spurs beat for the Arfletic. Wimps.

Gotta laugh at all the handwringing over a loss in a match that we almost always lose. Had this one comfortably lodged in the loss column from the get-go.

Probably always will - even after we eventually win one at their joint.

Could you hear Charlie Ecclesarse cheering for his beloved Popguns? From his frickin' season seats? And there you are, you big bowls of tapioca, endorsing this morseau de merde working the Spurs beat for the Arfletic. Wimps.
It’s not just this match though is it? Sure, we have got results which at the end of the day does the most talking but the all round performances have not been better than average for the most part (and I’m being pretty generous in saying that). We were playing better last season under Conte than we have been this season.

Sure you can say we will get better as the season goes on, but that is an unknown especially with the World Cup. We are meant to be improving on our levels from last year, but we haven’t. It has been a tough watch for 75% of our game time so far, not just the NLD….

In answer to Mulletperm's question 'what are we missing' the answer is clear and was in the actual post...

Top left corner of it...

Hoddle....

Better than average players
Only half the side who started on Saturday are top 4 quality

Better than average players
Only half the side who started on Saturday are top 4 quality

taking a step back, funding to compete for top 2.
i think levy loves us to be challenging for top four as its most financially lucrative to spend less than the competition while profiting by milking the fans.
that 150m is not enough if you think about the three seasons we didn't buy anyone and include the past one, less than 30m per window across the 4 windows.

i understand that there's another 150m thats been earmarked for transfers, we have to spend that fast, while cutting losses on the dross that we still haven't been able to get rid off.

Kane and Son performing properly.

Neither have hit top form yet but Kane has 7 league goals to his name already. I wouldn’t point to that and claim he’s been playing well but that is his job at the end of the day. I know you have this weird thing where you dig out our best players and big up the unfashionable ones, but this commitment you have to never, ever saying that one of your favourites had a bad game (Royal to name one) is really quite baffling. Something tells me Jason Dozell and Stuart Nethercott would be your favourite players if they were in their prime and played for Spurs.

Neither have hit top form yet but Kane has 7 league goals to his name already. I wouldn’t point to that and claim he’s been playing well but that is his job at the end of the day. I know you have this weird thing where you dig out our best players and big up the unfashionable ones, but this commitment you have to never, ever saying that one of your favourites had a bad game (Royal to name one) is really quite baffling. Something tells me Jason Dozell and Stuart Nethercott would be your favourite players if they were in their prime and played for Spurs.

They are underperforming to a much greater level than anyone else in the squad.

If they pull their finger out, it doesn’t matter what the other 20 players on the pitch do, they are unstoppable when they try.

They are underperforming to a much greater level than anyone else in the squad.

If they pull their finger out, it doesn’t matter what the other 20 players on the pitch do, they are unstoppable when they try.

Ok I’ll take a more direct approach. How would you assess Royal’s performance and decision making yesterday?

Back