• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What are they worth?

Really interesting question OP.
This is very much dependent on buyer and seller obviously. Looking at seller, THFC have a (deserved) reputation for getting top dollar which I reckon means we don't always move players on at the right time. The massive fees for Modric, Bale, Berbatov were when we really didn't want to sell our crown jewels but got bit the bigger fish. The only player on that sort of category right now is Lloris, maybe Eriksen by the end of the season. Of the ones the OP mentioned you could argue Kane fits into that category. However, he is still far from proven and what happens when the form dips? Hes not got the experience of Lukaku, similar to Jordan Rhodes but I am sure that would be an undervaluation. Maybe a similar value to Sturridge two years ago when he went from Chelsea or Welbeck to Arsenal ? Around £20m I guess???

Mason, Bentaleb haven't shown themselves to be anything that will capture the imagination in the Premier League yet. Decent midfielders, but in that Huddlestone/Livermore field, £5-£10m

Offer Levy over £10m for Rose and that's a done deal, especially with Davies coming on and the now surplus of full backs.

Townsend, we could get a big wodge for. He will never be as good as Bale or Giggs but he is underused at Spurs. Stick him any other PL team for a season and he will get you 10 spectacular goals a season plus more than that in assists (intentional or not).
We could get even £15m for him

Shut up you idiot Kane £40m at absolute least the boy is a BEAST

I just came here to gloat! All 5 HG players started today \o/ Hope Mason's hamstring doesn't keep him out. For him it must be upsetting. Mason made his debut for us at 17. He has been a talent for many years, but injuries have held him back.

Anyone care to revise their low valuations? We wouldn't sell Kane for 30m now. If you can't see that Rose is a good player then I'm surprised. Bentaleb, just turned 20 a world cup under his belt, will only get better.

We don't count Walker but he's come though the under 21 side too.

It really is incredible that so many youngsters have emerged simultaneously, all performing so well. To have four of them start - and excel - against the best team in the league, well, that's very rare. And they've been playing more or less consistently well for the entire season.

When was the last time we saw something similar in the PL? Must've been in the 90s, surely.

Speaks volumes of the work that has been done in our academy.

It really is incredible that so many youngsters have emerged simultaneously, all performing so well. To have four of them start - and excel - against the best team in the league, well, that's very rare. And they've been playing more or less consistently well for the entire season.

When was the last time we saw something similar in the PL? Must've been in the 90s, surely.

Not 4 mate but 5!.... Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Townsend, Kane. All 5 played for our youth team.

I just came here to gloat! All 5 HG players started today \o/ Hope Mason's hamstring doesn't keep him out. For him it must be upsetting. Mason made his debut for us at 17. He has been a talent for many years, but injuries have held him back.

Anyone care to revise their low valuations? We wouldn't sell Kane for 30m now. If you can't see that Rose is a good player then I'm surprised. Bentaleb, just turned 20 a world cup under his belt, will only get better.

We don't count Walker but he's come though the under 21 side too.

It was one game. Let's not get too excited shall we? Valuations will increase once these players perform like that day in, day out over the course of a season.

It was one game. Let's not get too excited shall we? Valuations will increase once these players perform like that day in, day out over the course of a season.

Clubs pay a lot of money for potential. If our lot hasn't at least shown potential at this point I don't know what's up.

Of course they still need to push on and perform over time.

And who was responsible for the academy? Surely not that "amateur" TS?

And who was responsible for the academy? Surely not that "amateur" TS?

I don't know who's responsible for their development (surely it's more than just one or two people), but I'll certainly give TS credit for promoting Bentaleb to the first team last season. The experience he got then, has helped him become even better this season, IMO.

Think that could probably be said of Kane as well, surely his playing time and goals at the end of last season must've been a massive confidence boost for the pre season.

Im sure there was a little more to it than that Scara, but yeah to say he is responsible for the academy would be taking a great deal away from those who are actually responsible for the positive results we're starting to see.

Nice angle for a wind up though

Im sure there was a little more to it than that Scara, but yeah to say he is responsible for the academy would be taking a great deal away from those who are actually responsible for the positive results we're starting to see.

Nice angle for a wind up though
I'm not sure what else he'd have had time to do.

If you listen to those who've worked as non-playing staff at the club he spent the rest of his time undermining and chatting to his gutter press mates.

I was talking about what his job role entailed - loans are an important part of a players development and Sherwoods role was to find the right club and liase between the relevant parties during the length of the deal. Saying he just sent players on loan to Swindon is a disservice to the good job he done. Not the most important job within the academy by any stretch, but important nonetheless

Back